User Rights Management

• EizX7Mn.png

I have no issues editing this user at the forum, because he / she hasn't verified his / her e-mail. This means as shown that I can click on the username of the user as indicated by a red box in the included print screen above. Doing this will take me to this page:

9k35cH8.png

As seen in the print screen above, I am now able to assign this user a user group, which is a necessary right for me to have as main administrator as I need to be able to administrate my team. Furthermore, I also need access to this page so that I can delete any potentially inappropriate avatars, cover photos or signatures that users may have.

There is one issue though which must be dealt with. As soon as a user verify their e-mail they will as seen in the print screen below receive a 'beginner' tag [see Edwylm's tag]. As soon as they have that tag I am no longer able to access the window seen in the print screen above as I did with Anilbey. In addition to being unable to edit beginners, I also cannot edit moderators, super moderators, game operators and super game operators.

ClYkIFw.png

What I can do on the other hand is to edit forum permissions of users regardless of rank:

eAnXNiW.png

• Ah, thanks, it seems it's all still a bit messy. This require some thorough checks. In preparation it would be good to have a kind of overview who should be able to do what. Like this:

MA SGO GO SMOD MOD CC
    assign user groups X X - X - X
    edit user avatars X X - X - X
    manage forum access X - - - - X

This could be something the MAs and SMods could come up with (building on the current responsibilities).

• I have managed to report a message from Mr Chán and then close the report so I don't think I am missing anything.

Also in addition to the message above, I think it might also be a good idea for GO's to have the ability to edit the Users Avatars.

Whitetiger89

Community Support

Bytro | Supremacy 1914 | Community Coordinator

Bytro | The Great War | EN Game Operator

Bytro | New World Empire | Intl Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• Moderators and game operators should have that ability.

I can agree with this Moderators should be able to deal with inappropriate avatars. Alkyonor Do you have a list with all functionalities that need to be applied to volunteers? we could then discuss which rank should have which functionalities.

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• Is there a possibility for expiring redirects?

I use this a lot to not clutter the forum with redirects and automate the clean up if not I guess this would need to be done manually

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• Okay, here is another more detailed table which we should use as the basis for the rights allocation discussion. For now I allocated rights conservatively, but we can talk about the details.

rights CC MA SMod SGO Mod GO
    block avatar X X X X X X
    edit own user title - - - - - -
    cannot be blocked X X X X X X
    can report content X X X X X X
    can create comments without approval X X X X - -
    can delete their own comments X X X X X X
    can delete users' comments on their own wall X X X X X X
    cannot be warned - - - - - -
    can delete their comments (on articles/pages) X X X X X X
    can access moderation X X X X X X
    can edit comments (user profile wall, article, pages - w/o report) X X X X - -
    can delete comments (on user profile wall, article, pages - w/o report) X X X X - -
    can moderate comments (on user profile wall, article, pages - with report) X X X X X X
    can warn users X X X X X X
    can revoke warnings X X X X - -
    move threads/posts to trash X X X X X X
    view deleted threads/posts X X X X X X
    restore threads/posts X X X X - -
    delete threads/posts X X X X - -
    basic thread/post moderation (close, approve, move, merge, mark as resolved) X X X X X X
    pin threads X X X X - -
    create annoucements X X X X - -

can access admin control panel X X - - - -
    can view invisible users X X X X - -
    can view IP addresses - - - - - -
    ban users X X X X X X
    block users X X X X X X
    block avatars/signatures/cover fotos X X X X X X
    can contribute articles ? ? ? ? ? ?
    can manage labels ? ? ? ? ? ?
  • pin threads

I believe that both moderators and game operators should have the right to pin threads.

can access admin control panel

I need to be able to assign users a user group, which is a necessary right for me to have as main administrator as I need to be able to administrate my team. Furthermore, I also need access to the panel so that I can delete any potentially inappropriate avatars, cover photos or signatures that users may have. What's the point of having MAs, if they can't administrate properly? By restricting the administrative abilities of main administrators you effectively create a bottleneck in the system. There is a need to establish trust between MA & CC. The MA should take decisions through the CC, even if he / she has the power to do things himself / herself. Without trust, there can be no good coordination and no good collaboration between the parties involved. Should there be an issue of trust between MA & CC, where MA goes over the head of the CC, then the MA should step down.

• I agree that everyone should be able to delete avatars etc, as a higher rank isn't always available.

I do have a question about the IP adresses, why aren't we allowed to see them (not that we necessarily need to see them) but it might come in handy to find trolls making forum profiles to spam/evade a ban.

Last thing, what's the difference between "assign user groups" and "manage forum access". I might have missed it, so I'm sorry if this was explained earlier.

Community Coordinator | S1914

A broken promise is as good as a lie - SlipKnot

• Another thing I've seen

can view IP addresses - - - - - -

We shouldn't be able to see IP addresses, which we might not be able to see in the admin thing (didn't check) but when you check "Users Online" under the "Members" section you can see everyone's IP address. Is that normal? I hope not everyone can see that.

http://prntscr.com/krftzy

Community Coordinator | S1914

A broken promise is as good as a lie - SlipKnot

• Not everyone can see them, it has to be a certain rank at least. They aren't visible for me.

c0d2ec919403c2968bfe6cd54318a0b3.png

I do think this should be visible for at least GO and higher since they can access IP's via kayako to. This may help them in search for multi's. But preferably visible all staff members.

Community Support

Supremacy 1: The Great War | EN Main Administrator

Supremacy 1914 | NL Moderator

• We shouldn't be able to see IP addresses, which we might not be able to see in the admin thing (didn't check) but when you check "Users Online" under the "Members" section you can see everyone's IP address. Is that normal? I hope not everyone can see that.

I tested this yesterday and guest can't

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• I do think this should be visible for at least GO and higher since they can access IP's via kayako to. This may help them in search for multi's. But preferably visible all staff members

Forum is under Moderational. The accounts are no longer linked between game and forum so giving GO's IP rights and Moderators not while it's more a moderatory task and not a GO task would be a bit counter logical. IP addresses if they need to be seen by ranks lower then senior should include all ranks till mods. In the old forum IP adresses especially of spammers were visible for mods

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• While I agree the Forum does predominately come under the Mods, can they see when multi accounts have been created and banned? Would it not be worth adding a task to the GO's to complete a sweep of the forum when Multi's have been removed?

Also I can't see IP addresses of anyone on our current Forum.

Whitetiger89

Community Support

Bytro | Supremacy 1914 | Community Coordinator

Bytro | The Great War | EN Game Operator

Bytro | New World Empire | Intl Senior Moderator

• NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O