Absolute Dirty Play and poor rules

• ok so I have to say this. I'm disgusted

firstly, I tried to join a coalition, was accepted, then the owner kicked me out and attacked me at my weakest points. (a underhanded tactic to find my unit weaknesses) (round 1)

Then to top it off I tried to make a new coalition which includes another two countries that are in the same area and I get told I cant create a new coalition for 8 hours.

That is a bit underhanded.

let me give you the jist. I started as east Algeria (i believe), west Algeria already had a coalition set up, so i requested to join, he accepted, booted and then started to attack my country. told me that he would wipe me out in 2 days lol. anyway, he teamed up with Egypt and Arabia, so I contacted west Libya and morocco, to team up with me, but I cannot set up a coalition.

If anything it should be him that is not allowed a coalition for 8 hours.

cheers

• FMD

Approved the thread.
  • Name drop the user/player first so that we can blacklist.

Technically, he has used a underhanded and deciteful tactics exploiting game's normal mechanics - but has not broken any game rules per se.

More of an ethical question rather than a rule-break question.

• I hear you Keith, it's a hard lesson but the rule of thumb is never to trust anybody.

Be slow to join coalitions, get to know who you are joining first. Technically you don't need a coalition to join forces with other nations and beat up on a player who excels in Dirty Play. All you need is a common agreement to do so. Good Luck!

Failure has a thousand explanations,

Success doesn't need one. - Sir Alec Guinness.

• For female player some if player in my group help as a asistant

• Somebody did that to me this game (Coalition partner attacking - heh, while I was helping him no less). Think I have seen bad behavior in 2/3's of the those I have had any significant interaction with, including other 'partners' and Coalition colleagues.
    He kept bragging about his 'ultimate betrayal'. Hope it was his only goal as he is now gone and I've topped 500.

I am still too trusting but I play this game for fun and it is just too much of a pain to care. My first game I had a great Coalition partner who carried us to victory and in my second a coalition that allowed me to 'partner' with them into second place behind them.

I mostly try my hand against AI's and improve tactics.

The only time betrayal has been successful one of my partner's supposedly pissed off a group (they seemed to be playing a lot of mind games throughout). Though I had railguns, HTanks, and tons of other stuff, and my partners a fair amount too, these jokers appeared to be using the Gold stuff. Learned a lot about how different weapons/units fared, etc. in a glorious defeat. Guess you can say lying, etc. is part of the game but betraying people you've given your word to just seems wrong regardless of circumstances....

Not sure why I am rambling but it has been mostly fun. :-D

• I am more shocked that this thread made it past screening. When is it, or has it ever been, OK to post about a player that doesn't break rules, but plays a bit less ethical than others. Not everyone in the sandbox hesitates to throw sand at someone.
    Suck it up Sally and play the game. I agree with Buddha, and that says alot, that you live by your choices, and that the forums are not the place to bring these issues.
    If this where the Global chat, you would have been shut down after the first indication of potentially black listing a player.

A half truth is merely a half lie.

Edited once, last by South Paw ().