Aerodromes vis-à-vis combat/Aerodrome Stats

• I've recently had a few instances of disappointing/baffling results involving engagements with grounded planes stationed in provinces with aerodromes:

First, I lost a larger-than-anticipated part of a significant ground force to a few grounded fighters (even with ~10 artillery units firing on the enemy). I asked about it in Help Chat, and was told to use the Artillery Flowering Technique in the future.

Unconvinced, I thought maybe I had encountered a bug, and made a formal report. Support Bot sent me a couple of articles explaining basic game mechanics, and one containing recent patch notes pertaining to planes, none of which actually provided much clarity.

More recently, I had 4 fighters patrolling over an enemy aerodrome with 4 grounded fighters (with 7 bombers attacking the enemy directly), and again suffered more-than-anticipated losses. I asked about it in Help Chat and was finally given the answer: planes stationed in Aerodromes do not count as being "On the Ground" (as they presumably have the ability to scramble and defend themselves).

This brought me to check the Aerodrome Stats/Tech Tree, which I found to be lacking this key piece of information.

I was hoping to suggest:

a) Aerodrome Stats/Tech Tree could be changed to include more information.

b) This information could be included in Support Bot's repertoire.

Either of these would surely make Help Chat mods' jobs easier and/or help elucidate game mechanics.

• Ahrcanne

Approved the thread.