Artillery and ship combat changes

• I have been playing this game for many years. This weekend I noticed a change I am not happy with.

The purpose of ranges units is to hit things from a distance. My normal strategy is to march standard units close to the target then have ranges units behind such as artillery and/or ships.

Yesterday I attacked a coastal city with this method. The city had no ranged units. When I checked on the attack a few hours later, all of my ranged units were dead yet I had defeated the troops sent at me. This is just wrong. I would have no complaints if they had ranges units.

This change made it more fair for people who don't understand how ranged units work. Understanding ranged units is now a disadvantage because they don't work like they should.

Was this the intended purpose of the change?

• FMD

Approved the thread.
  • I was unable to find your account in the game, so I could not investigate.

I suggest you check the newspaper for losses reported.

A ranged unit hidden by a level 2+ fort is possible.

A ranged attack by bombers could have taken place in those hours.

Legacy players, all played to the end. *Salute*

Field Marshal Dan

Senior Moderator

EN Support | Bytro Labs
    Supremacy1914 | Iron Order1919

• My account username is DSS665. I saw no ranged units. Bombers are possible but there were 4 cruisers in one location and 5 artillery in another that were taken out in a span of a few hours. They would have had to have a large fleet of bombers to take out all of these and leave no evidence.

I won the ground battle with 25 troops and 2 tanks. I don't see how they could possibly have taken out my ranged troops that quickly.

• I saw no ranged units. Bombers are possible but there were 4 cruisers in one location and 5 artillery in another that were taken out in a span of a few hours. They would have had to have a large fleet of bombers to take out all of these and leave no evidence.

What unit did the newspaper credit with destroying your ranged units?