Supply lines and fuel

• I think a good addition to the game would be supply lines. This would reduce the health of units who are encircled or cut off from their mainland and provde an additional variable to consider when attacking or defending. this could make things a little difficult during coding because you would then have to determine how many resources each province would provide in the event a players country is scattered.

Another good addition would be fuel. This could be together with coal, gas and oil with each mechanized or naval unit using a set amount per turn which would prevent people from spamming units like fighters and ships in exchange for a more conservative and realistic approach. instead of one player spammin 40 fighters and bombers and overwhelming their opponent, the fights would be smaller and probably based more on location, like strategic points, resources, or the capital

• FMD

Approved the thread.
  • issues i see with this: provinces already produce a certain amount of resources even when separated from the rest of the country, the "health" morale/hitpoints of a unit do go down as the province see a morale down trend, it would actually make it easier for a player with a split up country to survive and if say in real life this was the case with a country they could could still get them airdrops so the more realistic approach im not seeing, energy resources are already hard enough to get hands on in certain maps i see no reason to put even more strain there as buildings and citizens themselves consume abunch of energy and as for the spamming thing thats apart of the game even in real life there are countries who are particularly good at producing a certain thing its up to you to figure out what works to repell effectively that you can mass produce and find where they are weak and spam the unit needed i do like you thinking of bringing it to more strategic points but if the game is played right it already will be thats the thing your ideas might work for some that dont know the game well yet but some of these would ruin it for those who do