Resources Reshuffled

• I've notice that the more games you play either its small maps, 100/500 map, you start to have a feel which country to choose or grab quick from starting a new game for the good amount of resources... For what im saying is that every new game should reshuffle/randomize the resources.

• South Paw

Approved the thread.
  • That is how the countries and their resource distribution are usually designed. You will have a derth of some resource or the other - which you have to either trade regularly, or annex provinces for the missing resources.

• But its like What if I wanna play France, Example: yea I know from previous games they have high stock in food. but I need to invade Spain for Steel... its almost a same repeat. but if the resources are randomized you don't know what your getting and what your surroundings will have, so it totally changes the gameplay. Having a repeated game gets kinda ehh... boring no challenge

lets say your someone in asia and fighting europe.. yea you battle for the middle east for higher amount of oil, we all know that. again its the same repeated process...

now give us a challenge if it was randomized. lets say Austrailia had the higher source in oil.. we either have to trade them or fight them..

Having resources randomized, allows us to change our game play. so instead of europe vs Asia over and over... the fight for the oil, its now Asia vs N/S. america for oil from austrailia.. either fight or trade them.

• Its already unfair as it is, Players who played longer knows where the best spot on the map to grab resources to have a better advantage..

I'm sure the developers can program a way to have a single province with a double stock resource in each nation.

With having randomized resources, every game will have a different playout.. Play the nation you want to play, not because of the resources.

• Its already unfair as it is, Players who played longer knows where the best spot on the map to grab resources to have a better advantage..

I just want to point out that you consider "learning the hard way" an unfair advantage that favors veteran players.

Second point, the resources are laid out so that it's possible to account for deficiencies by conquering neighbors. If the resources were shuffled, there would be no guarantee that you could even out your initial resource deficits.