Maps correction

• It's a GAME of course BUT

Sorry, no they do not affect the strategy unless you're trying to equate what you're doing with realistic map. The strategy within the game remains the same WITHIN the confines of the game. i.e. If you're playing as France and want to take over Great Britain in a 31 player map you need to make sure you can land on their shores safely. This means being able to bombard via guns, ships or planes. Now going back to WW I, that was impossible to happen because France and the UK were allies, so, the map accuracy has no bearing on the strategy of the game.

• I can't agree because we losing historical and geographical atmosphere of strategy.

Didn't they not basiccally abandon history when they decided not to add any of the important border regions that were a spark to the war (mainly reffering to Alsace-Lorrain and South Tirol). ANyhow most fo the decision are claime dto have been made for the balance of the game.

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• Didn't they not basiccally abandon history when they decided not to add any of the important border regions that were a spark to the war (mainly reffering to Alsace-Lorrain and South Tirol). ANyhow most fo the decision are claime dto have been made for the balance of the game.

This does not prevent the СoW-maps being more accurate.

• This does not prevent the СoW-maps being more accurate.

watch the "claimed" as honestly I agree with you that some historical and geographical accuracy spices up the game for me personally. And even if thay as company decide to balance... the game could be equally well balanced with a bit more regards to history, culture and geography. Now the range of the railgun is however to my knowledge based on the "Paris Kanon" . Which gets pretty close with it's 130km range. For unit range I do believe that it would elswise require the maps to be zoomed as you need to have some more specific movement if you make them to realistic then arty would be pretty useless

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.