Forum Structure

• Yes, the staff-only section will definitively come. I asked for feedback regarding the structure of that section in last Friday's feedback meeting. I will wait for more feedback and then propose a structure which we can decide on. I would like to have the same structure for every team (if possible).

I think the mqin issue is thqt q lot of it's purpose was transfered to google drive or skype functionalities infraction and user applications were it's main (active) use passivly it did indeed contain a lot of manuals and guides

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual and the FAQ's.

Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.

Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

• How will we deal with archiving 9

1. Mirror archive (copy the structure of the forum in an "archive" folder) (2) 22%
    2. Add archives throughout the forum (as suggested by me earlier) (5) 56%
    3. No archives (2) 22%
    4. Something else (please post below) (0) 0%

Edwylm  Whitetiger89  Alexiel Lucien  Wolfe_Tone  Grimemie Wurmeuton  Vinnie81  Sassy2

I'd like to create a formal poll as I feel the discussion died slightly. I suggest on other matters we also try to do this. @all others, please feel free to react too as this forum is the bleuprint version of all servers to my understanding

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• I don't like the idea of having various archives scattered about, so I would have one category for the archive right at the bottom, and this could have various sub-forums to keep it tidy.

Yes this is what I mean under "mirror archive" then you create a folder

-Archive
    -News

I myself am of the opinion that adding archives close to their source will increase it's accesibility but that offcourse depends on the kind of archive. e.g. a sspam archive doesn't really need to be retrieved, a Q&A archive can remain handy and might be better to kep close to the active threads (potentially under different names "earlier questions") Due to this I find it hard to decide where we want or don't want archives. As the function of the archives very

Question and answer
    Missing features
    "active bugs and issues" (as proposed earlier)

are more 'active' archives they're still usefull and contain up to date information. but maybe it's easiest to combine both ideas.

Have a 'mirror' archive for all threads that actually have lost their use, 'implemented ideas, old discussions, alliance that no longer exist,..." and have more 'folders' instead of archives spread around here and there to store still active issues like "Earlier suggested ideas, Question and answers on current mechanics (if not yet inhereted into the FAQ), active bugs

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• Maybe I missed that part or forgot about it, but: Is that archive meant to be staff-only (= for reference) or visible for all users (= to check if something has already been extensively discussed)?

• I would say it should be visible for all users. Some of these posts might still come in handy, players might like to check old posts, old discussions, historic of old games, etc.

exactly archive is more to make sure users find a good acces to active threads and not suddenly revive stuff from 9 years ago (which happens on the old forum) however the information in these archives can, and in some cases will be very important. I don't know if we'd need a team only archive . I think if that occurs that we'd be batter of deleting the thread. I can't emmediatly think of a public thread that suddenly needs to go private

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• I don't know if we'd need a team only archive . I think if that occurs that we'd be batter of deleting the thread. I can't emmediatly think of a public thread that suddenly needs to go private

I agree. If normal players shouldn't see a specific post for whatever reason, then it should be deleted. And if there is some rare post that we need to keep, we can always move it to the support forum.

• Not sure where to put this right,

But I can't select Dutch for an option in the multilingaulism.

6f14d91bc31713f6a345f1a8c13fdd90.png

Community Support

Supremacy 1: The Great War | EN Main Administrator

Supremacy 1914 | NL Moderator

• ✉ Feedback

- Active threads
    - ✉ [Archive] Feedback (althought I'd bring feedback to general discussions)

i feel that right now there's no specific place for feedback

we do have the General Discussion and the Missing Features, but it still not seem like Feedback section, maybe it's just me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

• i feel that right now there's no specific place for feedback

we do have the General Discussion and the Missing Features, but it still not seem like Feedback section, maybe it's just me

Well on the EN server we noticed many people posted there feedback in the general discussions or in bugs and issues. SO it was from my side logical to scrap it in favor of the other 2 but if other servers have more need of it the EN server would use it too

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• Well on the EN server we noticed many people posted there feedback in the general discussions or in bugs and issues. SO it was from my side logical to scrap it in favor of the other 2 but if other servers have more need of it the EN server would use it too

not that much about the need, it just feels odd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HA8kSdsf_M

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes

men who despise you, enslave you

who regiment your lives, tell you what to do

what to think and what to feel!

Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle,

use you as cannon fodder.

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men

machine men with machine minds and machine hearts!

• So this talk was already in the EN team, but what international documents need to be recreated or transfered?

The Forbidden names list
    The forbidden words list
    International crew list

What are you guys'opinion ?

NarmerTheLion
    ex - EN Senior Moderator

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O