Posts by TNT713

As you expand, you have to balance out your resources to prevent shortages. Provinces you conquer will have low morale, so you won't have the full benefit of their resources until morale goes up. If you're facing a shortage because of expansion it will because newer provinces won't produce enough to offset the expansion...

There's also a military cost. You must leave a garrison in a newly conquered province until morale reaches 34%. That takes about 2-3 days if you only have one SEVERE shortage. The required garrison size to prevent a rebellion is available in the province view screen. As morale rises, you can siphon off the garrison for more expansion.

As you acquire new provinces the distance from the capital, measured in the time it takes to walk to the capital, determines how quickly morale improves. Railroads will help decrease the distance penalty.

Lastly, a centrally located capital is ideal for morale and defense reasons.

Greetings all,

I've chosen to focus on espionage as my specialty, because there's a void. As such I have several operational plans I use every game. Some code named operations ie. Scribble, Nemo, and Sandblast deal with encryption, recruiting allies, and eradicating AI nations, respectively. But ive made assumptions I need to be sure are correct:

1) Is there any informational advantage to placing an intelligence spy in a capital versus any other province?

It feels like I collect the same quality of information from intelligence spies in the capital as any other province. Am I wrong?

2) Are coalition messages secure?

Recently, my spies intercepted a message with no sender listed. I couldn't tell if it was a coalition message, which I previously believed to be immune to interception by intelligence spies. Two operations (Rotten Egg and Katrina) use Private Messages we expect to be intercepted, as a means of creating disinformation. I use coalition messages for communications for battle plans because I don't think intelligence spies are capable of intercepting... Am I wrong?

I'm sure I'll have more questions about espionage operations that I'll post in this thread...

If you see me in a game and I send an invite to share maps - accept and I'll fill you in on what all of my various operations do.

Later

Spies on sabotage missions (Economic or military) have a lower chance of success than those on intelligence mission. Even without defence spies, they can get caught.

https://forum.supremacy1914.com/index.php?8-espionage-en/

While the above thread as not mentioned the %age, based on experience some have mentioned there is a 50% chance of success of a spy or failure. in case of failure, you have 50% (Cumulative 25%) chance of maybe getting discovered as the country sending the spy.

Thanks for the reply. I read all pages after getting whooped in my 2nd game (out on day 8). Anyway, I think I should reword the question a little better.

I'm wondering about whether you can tell WHY a spy got caught from the message in the newspaper... Sometimes the newspaper mentions that an 'unknown' spy got captured and whether they finished the mission. Other times it tells you exactly which nation sent them.

Specifically, I'm wondering if the message that names the leader of spying nation occurs when there's not enough to pay a spy at day's end.OR if that message is only generated when a spy stays in a province after failing his mission multiple times.

Of course, it is also possible that the messages are random and indicate nothing... :/

Sup everybody,

I have a question about how the spy messages get generated when spies get caught... Sometimes they get captured and the newspaper doesn't broadcast the nation sending the spy; other times the nation gets put on FULL BLAST... I'm aware of how spies get caught, like not enough coin to pay OR operating in a province with a defensive spy.

I don't know why sometimes a captured spy generates a message like this, "1 spy on intelligence mission, was in the Grand Duke TNT713's service, has been captured in Beirut." while other messages say a spy was captured from an unknown nation....

Is there a difference? Are the messages random?

I'd like to know why I get outed in the newspaper so I can avoid that type of embarrassment.

Thanks.

You can select multiple provinces on mobile as well. On the map, select a province, then tap&hold the next for 3 seconds. Continue to add provinces to the group until you have all the ones you need. You can give mass rally point, construction, and production orders that way. Mass espionage (like assigning groups of defensive spies) is not an option.

Thanks Walrus_3d,

That actually works!!!

I tried it a few weeks ago and am just getting around to replying today...

I've wondered this too...

I'm finishing up my 4th game and a nation that I was previously allied with started having a less friendly relations. I wanted to go from Share Intelligence to Peace, but we each had troops in each other's territory so we had to phase our relations incrementally as we moved guys around.

Being able to disband the units would have made the relations change as quick as the change in mood itself.

This would be a good idea for an option in created games first. Ranked games later...

A creator could set a daily GM spending cap that players couldn't exceed as a fairness standard, but wouldn't interfere with Bytro's revenue generation because it would be reset each day.

Players with money to spend could still spend money. Players that use GM from watching ads would still be incentivesed to watch ads. Players that want to play for free (without spending GM) would not feel as overwhelmed.

The question is whether the creator would have options to simply turn the cap ON or whether they would also be able to set the cap's value.

It would serve as a safeguard to people with obsessive tendencies, even the playing field for less players, effect the strategy by managing how players utilized their GM under the spending cap, and extend the likelihood of players continuing to purchase GM over the span of a game.

on pc it is much easier then you think. click province admin, then click the top right button, then the top most ralley button. and youll have all provinces in a state where you can click in one loaction, and ever province has their ralley point set to that location. its not as easy on mobile. the easiest method would be by using the Province administration again, however you need to select every province one by one until all of their boxes, are ticked

I haven't tried from the Province Administration section yet, although I did notice the check boxes and wondered why they were there...

Time to tinker.

sup, perhaps you would like to join my alliance, we have alot of eager new players like you who wish to learn the game with an experienced team.

hit us up if u interested, happy gaming

I may take you up on that offer, but not just yet. Still getting my feet wet (pun intended).

I have a Premium Account and love the functionality of setting Rally Points.

At the time of this posting, I'm in a game where I have racked up 100+ provinces on the European map. Since I play on my mobile mostly, managing that many provinces can get cumbersome. With that much expansion, I often have to fight wars on multiple fronts and must set rally points all over the map, and have to scroll a long way to set a rally point; only then have to repeat this for each province from which I want to send troops. The result is that I sometimes end up with orphaned units standing idle in neutral territory that I can't move without starting a war.

I think it would be better idea to select a group of provinces, and give them all the same rally point ONCE. Likewise to be able to disable rally points in a similar manner.

In games when there are multiple fronts it would make sending reinforcements much easier, and I believe would result in less orphan units standing around doing nothing but eating valuable grain.

Thanks for considering this idea.

8)

Appreciate the replies!

I'll definitely fold this into my battle plans. You guys actually answered the followup questions I had from my game today.

I invite anyone with questions about fighting on the water to post them here.

I've been playing for a little over a month, and got pummeled in my first game. I'm a few games in and I've gotten the hang of land battles, but have some questions about naval battles:

1) Do Battleships and Cruisers have any melee attack value (against subs or infantry)?

2) If I stack infantry with a sub, do all the units get invisibility? Or should I let subs stacks go solo without infantry?

3) Are Battleships worth the cost in time/resources, or will a bunch of Cruisers be better to build?

4) Is using infantry scattered tightly through a waterway a good way to 'mine' for submarines?

Thanks in advance.

TNT713