Posts by Warriorgu

Tbh,almost any nation will sound good,if all the surrounding players just go inactive. That is how I managed to win as South USA,because Central USA got inactive. Another example is France. Once everyone nearby is inactive,you dont have to guard your borders,because bots usually do not invade you (Unless they are Elite AI). I was once tempted to say that France was a really good nation,a few months ago,but then I realised that France is really bad,because France has only one lumber province,and too much iron that you wont need anyway.

What tier do you put Germany in? I have always viewed Germany as a shitty nation. Low on wheat,iron,lumber,oil,and too much coal overload that wont be used.

What do you think about Sweden? Sweden,situationally is REALLY good. Like,I would rate it S tier in certain cases. If you are Sweden and allied with Norway/Finland (or maybe both),you are almost guaranteed to win,as long as your ally is at least average. If you are allied with/have conquered Finland,you can invade North Russia or Central Russia for oil. Bonus points if you catch them both fighting.

If you dont ally with Norway,another option is to invade Norway the moment you start the game. Their capital is right on the border,many of their cities are also on the border as well,and Norway is a very 'thin' country. Thus,you can easily divide Norway into two sides. Most of the time I have seen Sweden and Norway in a war,Sweden wins 80% of the time.

I do appreciate you guys clearing that up for me, but that was more of a secondary question.

Any ideas as to why I cannot seem to create matches despite being eligible (to my knowledge, at least)?

Hmm,I have never faced an error making a game before,so I dont know what to say. I think there are some other people who might know.

Have you tried making a game again?

What tier do you put South USA in?

I have had good experiences with that country. I played SOuth USA 4 times,and once,I won and the rest of the time I didn't (Because I was too lazy to play those rounds). If you pay a lot of attention and get good allies,Southern USA is really nice. If Morocco or West Algeria are your allies and dont want French West africa,or are fighting each other,you can go and grab French West Africa for the oil.

forum and game accounts aren't related

I think they are related to the points a forum user has.

For example,I have 638 points and im a Major. The OP has only 10 points,and is,thus,a lance corporal. You have 3269 points and are a Retired Veteran.

I think Points are determined by the number of your posts and the likes you receive.

If I got it wrong,feel free to correct me.

dc8af55c343e75713bff70ab84decb74.png

By 'looking like real life maps',I meant that the continents and seas should retain their general shape similar to real life.

Of course,the 31p map has slightly off landforms compared to the 10p Europe map. Just compare Finland between the two maps.

I do not think that this will be viable in the near future,but I imagine a 'Map Editor' would be a really good idea.

To start,you can select one of the maps to edit,such as 31p map.

The things that can be edited are: Province starting morale,Province buildings,Number of troops in the province. We should also be able to decide which nation gets a particular province. This can be particularly helpful for Roleplay maps. You can also select which province will be the capital of a nation.

Another thing will be editing how much resources a province produces. There could be a slider from 50% (Lowest level) to 200% (Highest level). 100% resource production is the default production. At around 175% or higher,the province starts being classified as a double resource province,and the resource icon also is changed to the double resource icon.

I think,countries with a large number of provinces bordering other countries are not very good to choose,since they are more exposed,and thus more vulnerable to invasions. For example,Russia,Norway,Central USA,etc.

Also,having reasonable access to coast is also very essential. That way,you can build Light Cruisers and Battleships,which are more powerful than normal Artillery,and Battleships are more mobile than Railguns.For example,Russia will not have as much use for Naval units as Britain or Norway might.

In my experience,Southern USA is one of the best nations for me. I only need to worry about one border; The one with Central USA. And although Southern USA has a lumber shortage,then can just invade Newfoundland's double lumber province,right next to Southern USA. Also,if Morocco and West Algeria go inactive/become your allies/are simply not just interested in French West Africa,you can go ahead and seize French West Africa for the oil and additional resources.

Romania is also working out pretty well for me. I have joined a Tutorial game about 4 days ago (Now its Day 18) and Im in the 5th place,with my coalition members in the 1st and 2nd places. Romania simply has balanced resources,and although you have a shortage of coal to build railways with,you can always find a lot of coal in the Stock Market for cheap prices. There is also Bulgaria to the south,which can be invaded for resources (If you wish,you can wait until Greece dishes it out with Bulgaria and conquers Bulgaria,losing troops along the way,and then you can swoop in and take Bulgaria from Greece easily,and Greece itself too. This is assuming Greece is not your ally,or is not interested in Bulgaria,of course).

I think however that there is a second reason why you'd want to somehow wouldn't want to change it. What if Germany starts calling himself france and uses the french flag. Then it becomes hard to have a distinction between who wrote that newspaper article that he'd destroy spain (if you get my point here)

Perhaps,nations would not be able to call themselves names that have already been taken by other nations?

I think it's a great idea, though I wonder if perhaps it isn't quite possible because they reference the names of the countries as constants in the code somewhere? If that were the case, I'd suggest making two names, one which would be displayed as the current one is, and another that would serve to identify the country internally. If the current source code isn't a total god forsaken mess, I don't see it being a very hard task.

I mean,when you change the flag,even when choosing games in the game list,it still shows the original flag of the country. Lets say,for example,you are Russia and you change your flag to a Soviet flag. Ingame,it is shown has the red Soviet one,but in the game list,it still shows the yellow flag with the crest.

We already have the option to change the country flag,name of the ruler,picture of the ruler,and the title of the ruler. However,I would like for an option to change the Country's names too. Because,for example,if you are Austria Hungary and conquer Germany,would it be appropriate to keep calling the country 'Austria-Hungary'?. I think not. Besides,it will help roleplaying too. We could have nations called 'Central European Federation' or 'North African Empire' or 'Republic of North America',etc.

I just hope people do not start calling their country stupid random names like 'potato' or 'gringoland'.