Posts by puliandc

Official update instructions document. I'll post the link here:、

Game mechanics update - 2023-01-10 — Supremacy 1914 Help Center (helpshift.com)

Game Mechanics update - Part 1 — Supremacy 1914 Help Center (helpshift.com)

I'm not sure where/how you are seeing these increases, but the Army Details panel has damage values to 1 decimal place. These are just displayed values. In a battle more significant digits are used.

All the other units are 1.0, except transport ships, which are 0.75.

• Size factor penalty that existed in the game before and varied for different units was reconsidered. Now it is not dependent on the type of unit, but on the stack size itself.
      • units contribute with 100% strength up to stacks of 20
      • after 20 units strength linearly drops to 0% until a stack size of 50

Seems like I misunderstood.

But my new question is:

"after 20 units strength linearly drops to 0% until a stack size of 50"

But this is not a whole number, it seems that for each additional Unit, sometimes it increases by 3, sometimes by 4. (Infantry)

All the other units are 1.0, except transport ships, which are 0.75.

Game mechanics update - 2023-01-10 — Supremacy 1914 Help Center ---  (helpshift.com)

https://bytro.helpshift.com/hc…-01-10/#removed-features:

Removed features:

• Size Factors: Units don’t have individual damage limitations when stacking multiple units of the same type together.

I found this in the update notes, which seems to mean that Size Factors are no longer available in S1914:/

Can you tell me the damage areas of the other Units? Pls

I'm not sure where you got that, but to my knowledge there is no health requirement for units to die in S1914. There is such a requirement in COW and IO1919.

Game Mechanics update - Part 1 — Supremacy 1914 Help Center (helpshift.com)

"

• Combat calculations were improved so the timing of events is more clear.
      • Damage is equally distributed between all units in a stack
      • Game will check damage caused to each unit type and distribute that damage to all units of that type
      • Units can only die when they are below 80% health. Game will check if the incoming damage is enough to kill a unit and if it is, it will do that, if not it will continue distributing damage equally.

"

I‘d like to ask ,4 * 5 *( 0.05 + 0.95 * 40 / 80 ) = 10.5 What does this formula mean?

"

• Unit health value and its effect on damage was reworked. The following represents changes in numbers:
      • 100% health: 100% value
      • 0% health: 20% value

"

4 troops, defensive damage is 5, considering 50% HP = 60% damage so I understand defensive damage potential would be:

4 * 5 * 0.6 = 12

Also, I see

Units can only die when they are below 80% health. Game will check if the incoming damage is enough to kill a unit and if it is, it will do that, if not it will continue distributing damage equally.
    But in the case above, why did the cavalry take the first round of attacks at 100% and die 7. Shouldn't troops at 100% not die?

I would like to ask a question.

When I attack 20 infantry with 100% HP + 10 cavalry with 100% HP with 10 heavy tanks. A total of 450 points of damage will be dealt.

Why do the infantry take damage: HP:-257.1 (64.3%) 12 died. Cavalry take damage: HP:-192.9 (77.1%) 7 died

In my understanding, it should be 450 * (20/30) = 300 for infantry and 450 * (10/30) = 150 for cavalry.

Where am I wrong in my understanding?

I would like to ask a question.

When I attack 20 infantry with 100% HP + 10 cavalry with 100% HP with 10 heavy tanks. A total of 450 points of damage will be dealt.

Why do the infantry take damage: HP:-257.1 (64.3%) 12 died. Cavalry take damage: HP:-192.9 (77.1%) 7 died

In my understanding, it should be 450 * (20/30) = 300 for infantry and 450 * (10/30) = 150 for cavalry.

Where am I wrong in my understanding?