Posts by psychlops

I've done that in the past but it's still a terrible solution given that a good percentage of the time when it revolts it becomes the property of a 3rd party and taking it back requires you to start another war with resulting morale penalty and more enemies to fight.

It also does not change the reality the percentages are simply too high now and more importantly they require too many men to suppress.

when you drag or use the move command currently there appears to be about a 20% chance your troops will go in the opposite direction for some random distance and then head to where you are aiming them to go. This effectively means you sometimes give a move command and come back in an hour and the men are further away from the target than when you started moving.

it's only started happening this frequently since the last update.

the percentages radically changed. It can not be as simple as the wrong number was being displayed previously 7 men on a 25 morale province NEVER ever revolted. I've done it 1000+ times and never had a single revolt and now I've had revolts twice since the update on 7 men provinces.

It's obviously incorrect to say the "correct percentage is now being displayed" when in reality the percentages have actually been significantly modified. More than that the new numbers require far too large a "holding force" and this in effect slows down what is already a pretty slow game. I don't mind the speed of the game but when you're on the offensive to have to leave 10 men behind in every province just to have a 5% chance of revolt is debilitating. It's hard enough to maneuver in this game without having a successful flanking be totally undermined by huge variance with too large a window for revolts.

additionally you have an error in the printf() statement that is displaying the percentage. printf() uses the % as an escape character but a literal % character does not need to be escaped. you either have %%%d or %d%% and the correct format should be %%d or %d% I forget which because I don't use printf() very often. I believe it's the first one (%%%d should be %%d).

Please consider reverting back to the old scale on the chance of revolt

• 0 men 28%,
    • 1 man 21%,
    • 2 men 15%,
    • 3 men 10%,
    • 4 men 6%,
    • 5 men 4%,
    • 6 men 1%,
    • 7 men 1%

(I know it's not exactly tied to men and was actually tied to strength but it's roughly correct)

there's also a formatting issue now in that field showing a double % character. I've seen this before because % is the escape character in printf() sometimes a new coder will try and escape the % and type %% where you only need one %. Then the actual variable is formatted as an integer so you probably have %%%d in your code where the correct notation would be %%d

i think when they tried to fix the display the messed up the math or else the percentages have been modified by a huge amount that changes the game for the worse and without any real warning

formerly the scale on a newly captured province (25 morale) went from 28% with no units to 1% with 6 units. The steps in between were 21% for 1 unit, 15% for 2 units, 10% for 3 units, 6% for 4 units, 4% for 5 units.

currently I have 11 units on a province with 25 morale and the percentage is 4%, 6 units is still showing as 9%, and 1 unit showing as 17%, that seems like a ridiculously large shift and given that the revolt can not only take your province away but give someone else the majority of your units you seem to be adding a huge amount of variance that only hurts players who are actually attacking. You've made it 25% less likely that a revolt happens if you have one unit while making it 900% greater with 6 units.

You're effectively slowing down a game that is already pretty darn slow. Now when you're on the offensive with 50 units. you'll have to stop after 1-2 provinces per day maximum if you want to prevent revolts.

Can someone explain the logic here?

I saw a post saying the bug fix changed the numbers being shown to the correct numbers but there is no chance possible that 6 units has always been 9% because I leave 6 units on a large portion of the provinces I take and that's 1000's of provinces and I've only had 1 revolt ever on a 6 and none ever on a 7. If 11 is now 4% then 7 must be 7-8% and I've literally had that situation 3000+ times with no revolts.

the best way to find subs is with patrolling fighters not with spies. you can control fighters and search in a pattern finding them with spies is mostly luck though using spies in the right places can help.

even when aircraft or ships/guns lock onto subs there is a known bug that sometimes they simply can not be hit. I had a stack of 5 battleships fire at two stationary subs and do no damage at all. keep firing and sometimes it changes or send infantry to "stand on them" and attack and then you can always hit them

Since I served on 2 destroyers while in the US Navy and maintained and operated the ASROC antisubmarine weapon system I am quite aware that destroyers can sink submarines...but the game DOESN'T HAVE DESTROYERS. Does anyone have a useful answer? Is the only way to sink them to stack up several cruisers...and risk losing one or two?

OK, I'm confused. I just attacked 2 cruisers with 3 subs. They were within range of shore guns. I understand that while attacking submarines are visible and open to attack (why they are to shore guns I don't know, but any way) and I lost one while sinking 1 cruiser. Then while the attack continued my subs stayed under attack by the shore guns. I came back later and the last cruiser was gone and my 2 subs were still under assault. So I moved them ...but they stayed under assault and I lost one more. My question is...how do submarines under water get destroyed by surface artillery? When I used a spy to find the sub and fire on it there was no result...it said I was firing at water. I don't get it.

There's a few things that go on with submarines and all of them are frustrating. The first is a known bug that sometimes when submarines are targeted they still can not be hit for some reason. It sucks because you sometimes waste your only salvo from a stack of BB's for an hour or two and do no damage. When I really want to kill a sub that I can see that is still moving I sometimes put 10-12 infantry in their path and when the sub is under them I "attack" with the infantry and this pins the sub in place and then you can shoot it or bomb it.

the second frustrating thing is once you're visible and they "launch something" at you you get that little "I'm a target and about to be attacked icon" and after that is on you the game sees you as still engaged in combat so you never become invisible again. I've had so many frustrating experiences with subs both because I thought mine were safe and because I could not shoot the enemy subs. If you keep trying you typically eventually start hitting them but sometimes the second you send your bombers the target goes away the bombers say "attacking sea" instead of "attacking 41st submarine flotilla" 2 seconds after you launch the attack and yet sometimes you can still kill them with the "attacking sea".