Posts by Golden Buddha

army trade was present from 2007 to 2019 and there was no problem with it .

ofc people missused it but this is when you reported push to GOs.

it was good feature and allowed for more flexible gameplay like Mercenary Gameplay. you had 10 -30 provinces only and were borrowing coalition armies for a time of war. This way you were not forced to do simcity and waste time on managment while still having epic wars for a glory of your coalition

now it is impossible and game is forcing you to have big empire in order to be able to fight epic wars. so ie ma forced by bytro now to kill other players in order to ahve big armies while before i did not have to conquer anyone and was still able to comepte in bigegst wars with the help of coalition army.

another golden idea that could help you become better players

as you know most of players are afraid to fight 1-1 as they are not sure of their skills. They are right- you always are weak in fighting inf you do not fight. Only way to change it is to fight , even if you lose . That is experience that will carry on to the next map while winning without a single, proper war or battle give you now carryover to the next map.

So how to get about the topic. Best idea would be to read what is available in forum , reddit, watch ytubes and maybe play test map with friends where you set up password so noone random can join. This way you will ensure no random players will be hurt. Test what you learnt, write down additional questions, as k in yt,reddit, forum.

Second step is fighting on maps. Even if you do not have to fight because you are winning anyway it would be good to have at least 1 war against opponent same size and army as you. This will give you estimation how good you are.

Another good tip is to ally with veteran players as you can learn way more playing alongside them that against them. There is common misconception that veteran players do not play with newbies. This is ofc propaganda of weak players who want all map focus their efforts on destroying veteran players. Veteran players in many cases are also looking for partners in that see of newbie players. Some are even looking to recruit people to their alliances like Boot Brigade. So before you give shared maps and coalition to completely random newbies who want you to fight veteran players - ask yourself what is there for you in that silly deal. I always have 3-6 empty spaces in my coalition, it only depends on you if you want to join or not. I have not lost 500 maps by backstabbing allies, but by protecting them to the last soldier.

Another thing you would like to try is playing alliance games , maybe alliance tournaments which are faster and shorter than regular maps. This will give you general idea how your whole team communicates and work together. Coordination and timing are the hardest skills to master but with time you will get it and you will choose leader- someone who can write the plan of map and coordinate efforts of whole team towards finishing that plan.

In the end , after 600 maps, 12 000 wars and over 100 000 large scale battles you will become God of War like me and will be able to play your own games on completely new rules. You will weaken yourself on maps to allow other grows bigger and stronger than you so you can check if you can win with 2 times, 5,10 or 15 times bigger opponents and armies. It is possible with current mechanic. You will ie limit yourself to 500 provinces on 500 map and control all other players with less than 10% of map provinces. Newest case study suggest you can use 300 provinces to achieve full control of 500 map so it is less than 6 % of provinces. Maybe do not use any diplomacy like me to weaken yourself even more. Maybe even take afk for 1,2 weeks of 40 days as I often do in such a maps. This lessens tensions on maps and allows other to go about their business . I found Map Mesopotamia best place to practise such a weaken position. You have initial 10 provinces that cannot be conquered. You build your base their and army and whenever you want to fight or test your skills you go out of your lair and fight . When fighting is over you withdraw to 10 initial provinces. never tried- you should

I hope this was helpful and will allow many of you become real fighters as we lack those in bytro games. Metagamers , simcity and diplomatic talkers take over and every player with fighter instincts is worth 10 of them. If you think you have predisposition to be a fighter contact my recruitment office or me personally on map and we will put it to the test.

Buddha out

What if we're about to lose our capital?

that probably means you made big mistakes and you will have to sacrifice a lot of troops to protect capital

As troops are more valuable than provs and capital, it is worth checking how many provinces you have left - if no too many then there is no point protecting capital

if many like hundreds, then probably you want to mvoe it somewhere else while protecting existing one till relocation is complete

worst case- you can GM new capital or trade it to your friend to avoid penalties

last time there was alliance which placed many players in that tournament , i beleive 25 or more so in every map there were 2-4 of them

i would be good if new rules can do something about those friendpacks

same with bans from maps - rules were unclear and even in final people were doing things like in every other map and still got banned, because those rules were not written down in a clear, transparent and understanable manner that was tournament marked by many bans and strange decisions . In some cases people using same 'exploit' agaisnt each other were treated differenty : one group of players was banned while another was allowed to progress...

if you want to make tournament make sure you have good rules, clear, written down and organizer who treats all players equally when it comes to imposing punishment otherwise you will finish like 2018 tournament who caused some players to delete veteran accoutns after what they have witnessed from organizers

probably best idea would be to start discussion about how rules should look like so we do not finish with same results like 2018.

Public event unitinf players and devs

streamed live on twitter/twitch/facebook /ISS

game and rematch

proposition of rules:

standard 10 europe

5 vs 5

country selection

no gold

1500 points or till walkover

entry fee

0,5 smirnoff to soften wrists

winner can ask any wish within game limits from the second team

I'm afraid I'll have to tell you it's an internal event only. We have legendary parties at the company office when there isn't any covid around so we play an insane speed round with all colleagues in teams and decide who gets the bragging rights of having won the last company map for the forseeable future after that.

i am pretty sure I can win it drinking vodka with other hand if I will ever get chalenge from bytro to play their besties :-)

thinking about it 3 hours longer- why not do a challenge between golden buddhists on 100 map and you can transmit it on your twitter . 5 vs 5, no gold, we can select countries beforhand to make it easier for you to navigate chaos :-)

ou also quite literally need more than one person playing the same account to properly move your troops at that speed.

sounds like sitter option which was not yet introduced by bytro . could be a game changer like it was for other mmo titles

everything that upsets balance of the map is treated in MMO games as a push, not sure why intentions ( which you cannot check) are main factor in supremacy

for players to enjoy the game : UI has to be playable and have good immersion.

I believe Legacy beats New Mode in both aspects plus gives you way better control over big number of provinces and units so you can feel you control a game and run it. With New Mode- I feel I fight that new UI, not opponents.

enjoy game and join New Mode feedback group- this way you will speed up changes for better

1x speed was created in 2007-2008 when playing mobile was not so common. For computer users it was ideal. But as tiem has changed bytro also allowed different speed events and seed maps recognizing demand on the mobile part of community

i am more than sure 1xmaps will be in minority soon

flower is still evolving so you need to keep your eyes open

lately - offensive flower works as expected

defensive flower- works us expected against range units

defensive flower vs melee units- not so great because delay units go to attack mode at some point

there would be more articles once we finish AWT and have more data collected about newest flowers and bastions.