Posts by Golden Buddha

it is true that you are less likely to buy high command for a throw away account.

then use it to your advantage and allow certain gameplay features , exploited by cheaters, to be used by HQ as a paid option.

I am happy to pay for a HQ if it will allow me to do more than a free user. And you have I guess 90% chance I will not be trying to cheat afraid of loosing invested money. it is hard to call it backstabbing or wolfpacking if one guy joins a game on 10 province country while everyone else has 50+ provinces

Recapturing is dependent on the moral of the province not on time. When reconquering enemy low moral provinces that have never gotten higher you will get the "reconquer" bonus.

how to get reconquer bonus? last time I have read FAQ it was dependent on time.

ok I see, 80% - inclusive or exclusive?

Hello

I feel there is something that does not make any sense at all in this topic.

So I had Russia conquering Romania, Then Ottomans took this provinces, then yet again Russia reconquered them and then I took them.

After a 5 days russia recaptured this provinces with 70% morale - what the heck is going on? Can someone tell me please how does it work.

I was told that recapturing works in the first 24 hours, then basic owner changes to a new owner....

even more worying is I took Kiev today and lost it later in the day- morale province 52% - not 70.....

can someone please explain fully how this mechanic works ?

obviously it is not based on anything I can think of.

after recapturing some of Romanian provinces i have 25% morale. Where is my 70% morale for recapturing my provinces within 24 hours?

honestly, it is a mind melting logic that is beyond my comprehension. Is there anyone in Bytro who understands how it works and can describe the proces?

that there isn't a problem, AI capital farming is not against the rules as its not a active player that volunteered and that you still have to kill the units for the AI. That is a common strategy but this has its downs to as it takes manpower away from the real action. unless i misunderstood

it was counter-argument to you when you said morale of new provinces will be a problem- it will not be a problem as you can farm 4-5 AI capitals using 4-5 x [1 infantry and 1 range unit per town]. Everyone can sacrifice 5 LCs and 5 infs to do that...

Sometimes 1LC/Plane having all small tropicco style countries in range - is enough.

oh i have but this is very rare case but i can kill those 10% traded by sns and by split stacks along with location and other tactics. to be honest to beat a bigger enemy you need experience and activity. but yet again you could do what ww1 did and send waves of units... however sending 10% to ally player isn't that good unless they plan on leaving as they have more troops that can deal damage to the enemy which is much more helpful to their ally.

this one goes for activity player rather. only thing they have are friends and activity. So if you fought a heavy war and inflicted casualties on your enemy.- even though opponent won he will be weakened and probably armed with leftovers. He can be easily cleaned by couple of BBSes or planes. deployed on the right time/location. Imagine your wars Edwylm and your opponent getting planes/BBses in number that is 10-50% of his pre-war army size ( everything depends how big are his friends). I saw guys fighting me and losing 8 mln troops 800 arts and they were receiving additional 4 mln + 250 arts from friends .... Troops stationed in their towns which I could not see with spies.

and counting that you can sit longer than enemy and win against him only if his S&S is weaker than your- this is not a good idea but gambling with luck.

there is tactic behind it now lets say they are small nations not doing much that could be seen as wolfpacking. report it.

does it mean it is forbidden if their only goal is to support overlord and weaken his opponents with wars?

that sounds more like them leaving the game. now if they were to go AFK that be less effective but if they were to return and its repeated that would be considered as active activity. report it. but even then they moved all their units away into the sea well there is a plus you don't have to worry much about those units fighting unless they were ordered to go on a suicide run.

true, but even with inactive player this gameplay destabilizes situation on the map. All of these friend's packs are destroying eco balance. whole wolfpack is sponsoring chosen region with most of their resources and you can be the best S&S player this game has seen but it will not help you in the first 2-3 weeks of the game. I saw specialized wolfpacks at 100 and 500 maps. They showed me facebook page, description of their activity and other things- somehow, with all this details noone was banned due to lack of evidence.... if they are supplying all details and this is not enough - I do not know what kind of evidence is needed.

IMHO this is one of the biggest threats to normal players. Multis are multis - it is hard to manage all of them equally good. But if you have 15 different people cooperating secretly - then victims of wolfpack have a serious problem.

-------------------------------------------------------

System is simple.

They go to map in different locations to quickly overwhelm opponents in different regions with superior resource production . Australia is logical first target as a save resource base. You send good players ( 1-3), give them 5/15x more resources so they can produce tons of cavs. They win everything, set up eco base and produces resources for other guys who then decide which region will be secured as a next one. After choosing region - players there receive resources to secure it and so on. Mostly they choose Europe and Arica after Australia. System destabilizes thin line of balance as wolves are having many times more resources to invest in military. with 15 players you can invest up to 15 times more in military than opponents. You do not have to worry about eco as you victims are producing that.And this is not one time bonus- they have 15x more resources every single day till region is secured. This is how I got my stats and skills- by trying to survive on corrupted maps and fighting them. But in the end it turned out I need at least 1 friend to have my back to even have chance to see the end of map on 500.

They also have hidden agents in every single coalition that matters to use this moles for gaining information before and during a war, troops dispositions, orders, sometimes moles take resources to build troops for coalition while secretly sending everything

to their overlord. When the time is right they back-stab empty countries of their coalition previously playing less active player busy in RL. Now this for sure does not make game enjoyable , especially if they laugh in your face and say they will do it again and again and no one will stop them- what was sadly true.

There should be still ticket in kayako about that and I am happy to help in finding it if someone is interested in solving this case. Around 15 people were in this wolfpack. 15 out of 100 on the map = 15% of the map.
    I am happy to discuss this thing in PM with someone able to do sth about that after 2 years. Same goes for smaller wolfpacks (5-10) from the last 2 years.

no logic at all

2 bombers 59% stance attacking 6 infs 70% morale on my turf

fight result:

1 bomber 67 % vs 5 infs 62% morale

so bombers lost 3 hitpoints while infantry lost 1 hitpoint

7.2 att vs 0.5 def = 29 : 2

earlier same bombers shrank infs from 8 to 6 without any loss. they have not even lost a single bomber when they attacked stack of 72 infantry an 9 arts ....

seems like battle engine is tolerating results +/- 3 000 % so the spread is 6 000 %

is there some kind of hidden mechanic that helps to preserve micro units against much stronger opponents ?

I saw similar things when 50 arts or BBses shot into single infantry and it still survived in the empty province with 0% morale

oh tell me why because I cannot even cry

when I see what bytro engine is doing to me

la la la

I believe there was nerf made to plane units and it was not covered in any of updates. Can I ask fo details?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

edit:

2 inf vs 2 inf. enemy has 29 % morale. I attack this with 2 planes 70 % morale.

so it is 2.1 ( 4 hitpoints) vs 0.2?(2 hitpoints). After attack - nothing happens to infantry. They are still alive and well.

I noticed that since someone did 'upgrades' to a battle engine it is impossible to kill micro units with much stronger units.

How is it so?

same thing all over the map. 2 planes are not able to kill single infantry. Bombers dying on less than 10 infantry.

completely nonlogical battle engine's behavior when it comes to planes while single arty can kill up to 2 units once at the time ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

edit2:

fighter 33% vs single infantry 90 % going slowly on your turf. Results

1st attack - nothing

2nd attack- nothing

3rd attack- plane dies

seriously even on 1/3 fighters is 0.5 airpower vs <0.1 airdefence so more than 5:1

can someone please explain me why planes are dying like flies and whose idea was to nerf them that way?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

edit 3:

2 bomber 83% morale vs 9 infs 50% morale

1 bomber dies and 5 inf dies

10 att vs 0.45? deff = 22:1

so lets imagine 200 infantry attacking 9 infantry and in the single round half of attacking forces (100) die while defenders lose 5 guys.....

this looks like a bug in code saying- take half here and half there to make it square

1 bomber 6 att vs 4 inf 36% 0.15 def

40:1

attack does nothing to both sides .....

luckily I killed these 4 infs later

but when I hit another single infantry

6 att vs 0.1 deff = 60:1

that single infantry survived .... at least bomber was not damaged like in other crazy cases

it is like 60 infantry were attacking 1 infantry ( same morale) and in single round and nothing happeend

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit 4 :

more stupidity in the game engine

bomber 71% morale = 4.2 att vs 2 inf 80% morale = 0.2

20:1

bomber loses 1 hitpoint and drops to 38% , infantry is ok.

Bomber 100% = 6 att vs 4 infantry 60%= circa 0.27

25:1

bombers looses 1 hitpoint and is 66% , infantry - nothing

I am not sure how to describe this , because there is lack of words.but it seems that you guys should look into the battle code and fix that as it is for sure thing that makes game very unenjoyable

how to enjoy a game if having 20 times stronger troops you fail to kill enemy and at the same time lose 20 times more than an enemy in a single round

does it make sense- not really, especially that you cannot even explain with forts or something else

hmm

but why not to make some money on it

Let's make a flag on creation panel

but also allow only HQ users to use "late joiners" slot. .

There is much smaller chance that someone who paid HQ will be willing to break Bytro rules , risking being banned for wolfpacking and lose of his/hers paid HQ.

if I may ask- how many % of cheaters have HQ??

There you would get banned from game as you would be capital farming active players.

This should help with this kind of problem as if they are doing it on live subjects I am not able to react.

But more often, to avoid live subject, they will wait till friend becomes AFK with all his remaining army far away on the sea... They sunk ( I saw it on my yes) 25 000 000 infantry with BBSes LCs and planes. This were top players from my national server and I kill them with ease if ration is not more than 5:1 in their favor. They gain high status solely to the "dachshund strategy" where you need no skills.You just surround yourself with friends ( 5,10,15) and play what I described above winning very easily with very very good stats but you need to remember not to fight wars 1 vs 1 but 5 vs 1.

You can trade 10% of your army /day and they drop moral significantly... Bad decision to make if you lost everything and you're fighting a user that knows what he's doing... You will not recover with such small trade.

I beg to differ completely in that one. There is a huge difference between donation of 100 inf < 100 ACs<100 arts<100BBS<100 bombers. Funny enough Mechs do not lose stance at all while been transferred .

Even if you get 1 000 000 inf with low morale it is all about harvesting morale with proper strategy - and we both know you can rise morale of such a stack from 50% to 100% in couple of hours if enemy is doing "lemming attack"

You can trade 10% of your army /day and they drop moral significantly... Bad decision to make if you lost everything and you're fighting a user that knows what he's doing... You will not recover with such small trade.

you underestimate wolfpacks greatly. this are not some random Bobs having fun. these are fully specialized wolves with armies, arts and LCs in position. They have troops located in every small bot town. So if they need 40% up- they take down 4 islands on the pacific. I have a feeling that neither you nor Narmer have seen this strategy used by the finest marshals in our game. well I have seen it in top30 edition and it is impressive. Making a country with 800 points gain 200 points in a day and win a game is 100% possible.

---------------------------------------------------

Same goes for lowering morale- dachshunds can lower morale up to -25 % per day so in some circumstances it means loosing 5-15 % of points per day for an unlucky target. This is even bigger threat IMHO. Friends are friends, good dachshunds are useful in lowering morale of your opponent. I lost couple of 500 games on my national server due to that fact I was not able to grow above certain size. I was pretty ok to fight on pair and keep at bay guy with 1200 provinces having 200 mine and morale 37% but my production of resources did not allow me to make enough mechs to call an offensive. I was also not able to many new lands due to morale problem. In the end I killed all dachshunds, with some of dachshunds eaten alive for capitals by the dachshunds' owner. But it was to late to change outcome of a game. As you can imagine dachshunds and their masters ( fieldmarshals ) were never banned and they continue to do the same all the time. This is why my national server player base is dying since years because of similar people being allowed to play. And as you can imagine there is only way to counter it- prepare your own dachshunds' team which is below any moral standards.

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags every 2-3 sec , lasting up to 5 secondsno idea what is causing that- for sure not units on the map,>I am guessing there is to many people logged into that map. Can someone have a look and explain me why small map with small armies is lagging like 500 with 200 million troops moving at the same time.

thank you

GF

Solution:

in a creation panel of games add tick : late joiners. By default it would be off. Add some nasty description what could happen if you will decide to use that option.

But whoever will decide to join a game with tick on - knows the risk... and can not complain. And if he does- ban him for flaming the team.

Add restriction that from Major you can take part in such a game. It is more painful to lose Major lvl account than a newbie lvl one due to punishment for wolfpacking. There would be some hardcores who will find a way how to feed their newbie lvl account in 500 maps and then reuse them in above game scenario - but you will limit the number of cheaters considerably.

And ofc banning . I do not think you will ban such a player from a game entirely but locking his ability to join later games would do. Or you can flag him with a comment. Next time it happens again - 2nd or 3rd time - lock the account completely with all relevant IPs.

"

For the one big user you killed who spend months going through the early game play just to be backstabbed by somebody he thought was and would be an AI was much more stressing tbh anyway. Plus then you talk you who joined and not wolfpacks that joined to aid their friend late game by running all their troops on the biggest giant till it collapses. Or people late game multiying because they feel they're losing the fight,... All cases that also happened and happened a lot."

not sure was was written here, but I do not like to fight with sticks and stones ( lack of mechs). So joining later gives me opportunity to build quicker, observe my neighbors build up, get some diplomacy and start a war when I have mechs, bot sticks. ( stick wars/ cave wars are the wars where you have only cars cavs and infantry)

When it comes to wolfpacking accusation - ? I always played alone but it was hard to win 500 so I joined two 500s with 1 friend and we won both 500 we have started together . Probably you refer to a test case I described- this was true scenario from my national server where I saw it couple of times when I lost. Frustrating like hell to lose a map to someone who was not able to win a single war alone.

yep but I have only 1 hour per day for all maps so small maps are overkill for such an activity. Funny enough I found that only 500 maps suits my micro-activity as I have a lot of provinces to give up and plenty of time to retreat while I am doing fleet save during afk

alliance games- it is not worth a time if you cannot make GM-free games and stop remote control of whole alliance by 1 person as I saw many times in top 30 and even top 10. Not saying about bugs like walking through enemy army without a scratch, taking forts defended by bigger force with a smaller army , ROW with AI on the first day ( my favorite), forcing other countries to give peace just before change of day using game mechanics to do that, S&S with one country left 5 countries of opponent and wining alliance game with 10 provinces and S&S single-handed :D. Nah it does not sound like skills or knowledge are needed to win. Unless you will make GM free alliance maps - then I can counter all other things with skills. I led 4 alliances to top 10 without S&S and still only three opponents were using strategy different that S&S.

anyways- it is hard to hear that nothing can be done to make a game more skill based or cleaner from cheaters. Lets hope Rps,Tournaments and Player Leagues will prevail using harsher rules. Somehow it is easier to play tournament map even if my friend and me have to fight literally whole map ( 8 of 10 countries) . But without GMs these guys are loosing and it seems like a good approach to support skills.

Thank you for all answers. It seems topic can be closed as nothing can be done about the issue.

1 thing I found that helps is- kill armies while the weakest one is on his "office hours". Helps a lot :-)

yep yep I saw, that is why I will probably say thank you to the game

I had enough of multis,remote controls, and accounts active 25h/day before mobile client.

gameplay seems to based only on activity and number of accounts supporting you. I do not believe it is a game that will attract any skilled players who can be overwhelmed by newbies anytime,anywhere, even during school hours

thing is that if you are doing everything to loose skilled players (check how many Gods of War from years 2009-2012 stayed) - who will be a challenge for regular players? Who will be generating GMs from regulars? That is a very good question for a bytro as a company.If you can win by having more friends on map or by having couple of players sitting on your accounts- why would you pay to win? From the other point of view- why skilled player would like to pay for winning against bunch of newbies? (rhetorical question).

I am 100% sure that guys like me are no longer target for this game. And it is sad to see such a disturbance in the force after years of faithful service.

;(

it is more that you forced me to play maps from beginning - awful lot of real time wasted that way. this directly influences things that I do in real life to earn money = I pay you less for GMs because I am not happy with implementation and have less time and money if I want to play Supremacy.

I probably made couple of users to quit as I am forced to play from beginning and do not have time to play around sitting in the night. So I implement lvl2 and lvl3 strategies to remove everyone around which results in a lot of screams about cheating, using scripts,exploits, bugs and the truth is they just do not know game mechanics and a patterns which every map has. It is like showing electricity to a medieval peasant. Magic from a milk.

It was more fun and more fair to fight one big opponent than to kill dozens of small ones who never stood a chance in the first place. It is said both for me and them that we have no fun in following food chain every single time the same way . And noone is happy about that. It is lose-lose situation.

alright

So as I see bytro logic behind that

I join a game 500 with lets say 15 friends , they are fighting, dying, taking over one another. Doing crazy things. I do not care. I sit with my 10 provinces doing nothing. Then where there is 5 of us left one has some vacation/family issues and donated me 90 provinces, resources, and mech units.

Now my small war with neighbor 20 provinces looks completely different as I can take him over straight away and my opponent was not even expecting that. he spent GMs, time and effort to fight me while I decided to take troops from a friend and kill him. Alright , going further.

Now I have 10+90+20 = 120 provinces. Now you are talking. I am starting to like it - no activity, no skills, no diplomacy- just overwhelming opponent with units from my friends. There is a guy 100 provinces- I start to threaten him to give me provinces otherwise I will attack. He refuses as he has strong deff position. I attack I lose everything he starts to conquer me. Luckily I ask my friend to give me resources and troops from their coalition. Alright now I have 2x troops and I crush opponent when he left his defensive position and started to conquer me. Without his nice position, caught in the middle of nowhere he is destroyed and I take his country. Now I have 220 provinces, no skills, no knowledge and easy win. Joy from wining against strong opponent is huge. I taunt and laugh at him. There are things you cannot buy, for everything else you have friends.

so lets see I can actually win that map. Lets wait. Another friend leaves game giving me 400 provinces and everything else. Now I am 600+ and I just lack around 700-800 provs to win. I am not joining coalition of my friends as I want to win alone. But I am taking resources and troops from them. Seeing how easily I defeat enemies they decide to support me. One even decides to give everything to me. Additional 300 provinces. Now I am 900+ provs and one step from winning.

But there is this fieldmarshal killing everyone with ease. K/D 22:1 , huge armeis of 10 000 arts adn 1000 BS. I am feeling in danger. We count with friends. Hmm. We cannot win as coalition (1500) but we can win as a single player (1000 points). SO as my friends keep loosing to Fieldmarshall we decide to give me all provinces left ant this should be enough to reach 1000 points and win a game for me. Fmarshall is very close he has already 750. There is 3 of us lowering his morale with wars. So I take their provinces. Farm capitals of my friends. send spies to destroy double provinces of FMarshall (FM). I send some troops on suicide missions to lower FM morale. Farm couple of AI capitals and win by default.

Now it is the time to celebrate, I have not win a single war due to lack of skills and knowledge, but I had numbers in friends. I am the best on the map- I get Gms, medal, and strange feeling that I am better than FM and I can tell my story of great strategy and victory that brought FM down. I am hoping not to see him again anywhere near me. But still I am the hero of the next action and as agreed I will help my friends to win the next map. Deals done, cards played. Let's start another map. Our great strategy is spotless.

hmm so we have this 4 guys attacking (me) spain and france

I guess they are attacking since the last week. we created steady defence in germany and italy for my friend . We also have unsinkable battleship in Asia Minor for steady S&S in constantinopole. BBS Asia Minor is changing into USS Asia MInor with planes attacking whole russian balkans. While in a joint effort yesterday we cut in half AH delivering Coup de Grâce into undefended Ukraine. Good fun for us but probably not so much for our enemies . I hope they learned thing or two about the game itself. That it is not about numbers or sitting longer, but about thinking.