Posts by Golden Buddha

couple of words why LC rules:

much quicker than anything , with water covering most of the 100 and 500 maps they are main weapon of choice to control continents and logistics through water

fast to deploy and strike, even faster to retreat - ideal hit and run weapon

how to play them - carefully as they are weak against Uboots and other range units. keep them surrounded by supporting units or next to shore under plane umbrella.

generally you build 500-10000 of them, divide them into 50 units squads and send on the raids with agressive fire. It is good practise to put in front on them 10-15 units which will clear a way from uboots - trawling is your friend. put 10x50 LCs next to each other with agressiv e fire and nothing will stop you from devastating enemy lands (unless cities are empty ...).

what's more? Hmm- check their AA defence. 3 LCs= 1BBS but in terms of AA it would be 3 > 1.2.

OFC BBS are better against Uboots , but trying to kill LCs with uboots and BBSes is like trying to catch Cavs with Arts.

There is one more trick related to LCs and I am guessing everyone should know it. Connected with Cavs and Infs at sea they can do some harvesting . Such a combination is known as a sea-stack and is highly resistatnt to dying. Even planes struggle.

There is one more thing that makes LCs and BBSes good - but who knows that knows. Rest does not have to know about that I guess as noone is writign about that. /Edit: loading troops. Whenever you put your troops on top Sea unit they will be tretaed as borded unit and they will not loose morale at sea. Usefull trick especially with harvesting technique. I thought it is an exploit and it should not be published publicly.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

So set Pirate Flag and kill all this 1pp scouts swimming everywhere. Burn shores, irritate much bigger guys by destroying their garrisons on carribean island or in Indonesia and then quickly withdraw to your save haven in Australia or Africa. Try to avoid inner seas as they are bottlenecks. Dissrupt logistic lines and have fun from game as everyone should enjoy, not only big ones or active ones :-). With a group of 500 LC and well supplied Easter Island you can stay in the game till the last day. Just make sure you do some extortions with your fleet to supply it. Or maybe some other big guy will pay you for being his Privateer. 60 kk dead shows the power of my LC when there were only 1500 of them and they rammed enemy fleets and shores.

GL & HF

I am one of those mindless players who just uses SnS to win

It is SNS explopit that is mindless, not a players themselves. If someone will join a game today and I will show him how to properly use SNS, how to defend against attacks (SNS,melee,planes) and how to produce arty then he will be able to win most of maps just by staying longer than oponents on the map. If 1 day player can defeat players with years of experinece- there you have my description of mindless exploit.

There would be no fun if everyone had to play the same cos there was only one available tactic to use.

As you may not noticed there is only one tactic/exploit ( call it how you want) used in Supremacy and it is called SNS. That is why nerffing it will make game more interesting as you nicely pointed out above.

Maybe we should see if they can change sup so everyone can only give orders to their armies once a day, I'm sure that would make it much fairer for everyone and get rid of all those pesky players with more time to play.

there were questions about that but no answer was give. It was more about how many hours you will spend in game per day. But as you said it is enough to retreat - that is why peopel without time IMHO should play only 500. There you can defeat anyone by spending 1-2 hours per day.

But hey you will be able to say you got rid of all those cheats who chose to commit to being able to log at any time needed, when I can't log I only retreat as far as I need to for the hours I will be away - it has nothing to do with my enemies hours but my own so your point there is moot.

+

Punishing activity would be very weird indeed.

it is not about active players but connection between SNS exploit and activity so the balance between time, GMs and skills could be restored. Ofc I can sit longer and for a player throwing 6 mln GMs in a week I used more time than for a player who was SNS 24/day 365/year but there is less Milions-GM-Worth-players than super-active players. I am guessing 98-99% of players use only SNS and when they figure out opponent is more active they just surrender dropping from a map. I will also drop if I have more important things to do in a real life as I already know I could defeat that opponent without problems but he is not worth my time. I slowly getting to this point where supremacy is not worth my time if only sitting longer decides if I win or lose a map. How much strategy is in that- you tell me.

But I must say I like to watch players with 1000 arts and 20 mln troops chasing my faster units, watching them loosing undefended provinces as they do not keep steady frontline, their economies collapsing from to many wars, their huge stack enricled and loosing morale in freshly conquered provinces, stacks dying on sea or shores, their swears in DE that you are a cheater because you can win against their obsolete SNS strategy and all of that small things they do not know about that you throw on them every single day.

most of game currencies in any kind of game are spent by misclicks. why to stop players from spending them that way?

I myself misclicked Uncover Armeis 20 times in a row as I was sure I am buying spies.... noone ever gave me back my 33 k GMs :-)

but try to appeal, you never know

This would not be in the slightest bit realistic, the delay in firing back actually mimics real life.

answer is- who cares what is realistic if this exploit giving advantage only to a player who is active. from what I know exploits should be removed from game so everyone has same chances to win engagement. If I saw in another game 100 troops killed by 2 without looses I would have only one thing in mind.

I am also at a loss to work out why tactics that are available to everyone in the game should be changed just because someone doesn't like them.

quote above from me and add: why should players be punished with the exploit left on purpose in the game just to artificially support active players? I would not mind if this exploit was balanced but it is unbalanced and is a reason why better player quit a game since 2012.

Warping is available to EVERYONE (and not limited to AC) always has been for years, if you don't know about it or use not the games fault.

another classic from a players: let me ask you that- if someone kills 300 of your planes without loosing single one of his ( and I know guys who can do it) will you say the same: it is available to everyone and it is your fault you lose against 10 times small player, because you do not know the trick? Same with walking straight through your armies , being untouchable while attacking enemy and so on.

SNS also available to everyone, and there is a simple counter to it if you know you are not going to be online, make sure your armies are a safe distance away. Retreating is also a tactic available to everyone and can be the best thing to do in many situations and guess what - after retreating it is still possible to win you just need to use your armies well.

now lets imagine that account is active 24h/per day. I am guessing 3-5 people has to run it. How long will you retreat? accounts24 hours overuse SNS and this is the only reason why they have chance in this game. Never think about SNS alone - it is hard attached to overactive accounts.

You need to play to your limitations and not try to bring everyone down to the lowest common denominator, punishing people with more time, or more patience or more money is not going to make the game any better.

this is exactly what happens now- lowest common denominator is unproductive activity related to mindless SNS which results in exactly 0 new tactics or strategies . This is punishing people with more skills and more GMs but less time. Doing that is not going to make game any better but on contrary- it makes it worse and full of weak players whose only advantage is sitting longer and then attacking. Person with more activity wins- super, why then to bother playing this game? Imagine playing poker and people who sits more- wins. Or playing football and team with players standing longer on the pitch- wins. Exactly same patern.

I am guessing I contradicted every of your commonly used arguments with exactly the same logic you guys are using to defend SNS or activity. If I missed something - let me know.

In the game it has been simplified somewhat from real warfare to make it fun for those playing and not to get down to too much micro management which would put a lot of people off.

well S&S is too much micromanagement IMHO. when you add AC Warp Jump related to it there you have it. People with no skills at all - but knowing S&S can kill the best player with the best defensive setup, if attacked pro-player is ie. on the party, wedding or working. And please do not tell me that pro-players should sit all the time- people without GMs and skills have to sit all the time. Regular players use time, rich players use GMs, pro-players use skills. Holy Trinity: time-gold-skill.

there is another overpowered feature related to arties- harvesting something. Who knows- knows what I am talking about. You create such a snowball and add infnatry to it rolling it from one side of the map to another with S&S. This is greatly OPing arties and should be stopped in my opinion as with S&S creates somethign that is hard to kll without skills.

when it comes to SnS/S&S - just change a game code so if player is hit by a range unit and has this range unit in a range ( arty vs arty as it is mostly) both stacks are hit at the same time and dmg is applied without one shooting earlier than other. Problem solved. Ofc there would be guys sending 100 inf to get bombarded as a decoy - but this alone will require more micro thus SnS will become less and less valiable option. It is strange that someone with 10 arties can kill someoen with 1000 arties without losing a single arty.... It is not even strange, it is not worth a comment. Imagine other game where two groups of untis of the same class meet and unit that is 10-100 times smaller wins without a single loss. Do you know such a game- I only know one company producing them. There should always be some casualties if units of the same type fight.

What about givinh me possibility to contact my allies from my alliance by special chat ,esecially when I am playing alliance games and I need some way of communication.

I would also would like to be abe to write whispers to MODs if I have chat-ban as I need to ask question about game/bugs somewhere. With ban on chat and forum at the same time people will have huge problems.

I also would not mind joining special chat only for trools, avalaible only fr people with chat-ban. Why not - everyone playing this game should be 18 years or parents monitoring kids so according to bytro rules it should be safe to send banned players there. Such a small hell for trools.

for me it is all about time. I do not have time to play small maps because only rush strategies work there.

in 500 it is hard to find working rush( maybe except golden rush). That is perfect map for someone without a time but with skills.

How to defeat artillery without artillery- standard question for alliance games 5 vs 5. It does not matter how long your enemy sits and how many arts he have if he is not able to build them. So you go for quick win strategies - either Cavs or Cars. Before CAVs only Cars mattered. There is couple of other strategies how to win this maps but they have nothing to do with units so no point in talking about them. All you need to know is that I took part in couple of alliance games with both sides active on he same level and win on points was achieved in 7-8 days.

I already said that I was able to defeat enemy on the map 31 who was couple times bigger and stronger without using single shooting unit. Arts are to slow to fight certain types of troops .The faster you will create you own strategy against arts- the better for you. Tank on Europe 10 is worth more than a tank on 500. Same with other mechs. Make sure art cannot escape and you have it. Every S&S player is afraid if he cannot withdraw his arts.

Problem with arts IMHO is different. It doesnt matter how good player you are- if you have more activity and you can S&S when enemy is afk - you should win. I saw twice in europe 10 map how guy with 1 country S&Sed rest of europe under 5 other players who were from a same alliance. In both cases overative players had no understending of strategy or advanced mechanic. They knew S&S and they sat longer in a game. That was enough to win both alliance games with much better opponents lacking activity.

Arts are more important in hands of active player than in hands of inactive player like me. That is why I do not use them. If you build arts to fights arts you have to be sure you are sitting longer. If not- they are waste of oil. The best idea is not to use them at all and use oil for something that suits your activity and strategy more.

2 years ago there was a limit :up to 3 ppl joining together were not considered wlfpacking, everything above - was wolfpacking.

I noticed lately that such a limit does not exist any more. Wining 500 in more than 2 people is very easy because of no trade limits between them and that means they can focus resources on the most important border. Same with switching machanic units for doing S&S and other war movements when one goesto sleep and another wakes up.

Advantages are not unfair but are unbalanced. I myselfplayed always alone and lately asked 1 friend to join. We won both 500 without any troubles, getting along 1-2 additional supporters from the map.

Maybe I will write more about it in separate topic as a proposal of changes. FOr now thank you for an answer. I guess we can close my topic.

"Should players join a game with the intent to influence the outcome and aid Player X will be considered Wolfpacking"

Hello

If I am about to win another 500 and I will look publicly for 3-5 players to support me in exchange for a coalition victory- is it wolfpacking.

Ofc we will set up everything before game, divide roles, countries, areas of expanse and when prepared we will join a map 500.

How to gather a group without breaking the rules?

you can always reduce speed, range of tsngr units or reload time ( every 2 hours?)

I like arty they slow down stacks . 99% of players use/know only S&S so it is easy to predict their movements , flank them, encircle and kill with faster units.

If you learn how to defeat S&S players with new strategy you will win most/99% of wars. There is at least 1 strategy that allows you to spend 10x less time in game and still kill 10x bigger arty armies .

Keep looking demonaire and let them waste time on the obsolete S&S strategy

0b5e4-img_6434.jpg

I would like to add something to what was said to sizefactor . It is not always about a size and power. It is all about how you will use them, when and where. I see a lot of players that resign from further game because they were attacked by a guy who is twice as strong. This is huge mistake as most likely this guy will not be able to focus properly on war with his huge country.

Idea is simple : keep your army alive and fight easier targets not going into mindless meatgrinders at the border clashes. Use time and space t your advantage and allow your enemy to lose momentum. With army you are still able to take over new territories and factories. without army even huge country is not worth playing. There is not better way to learn how to defeat enemies than to play against much stronger ones.

It is proven that quality is taking over quanity in supremacy, especially when you consider 500 maps in which I am specilizing. But even on the map 31 with only Turkey and Arabia conquered I was able to fight 1 vs 1 against last player left on map who conquered most of Europe. I would not stand a chance normally as this player was active at least 12 -18 h per day and had multum of ranged units. Wat he did not have was enough of airforce which allowed me to quickly destroy her huge stacks one after another and relocate my troops to another chokepoint. As you can imagine defending black sea and mediterannean was very simple with bombers, the only problem was Caucasus.

Defeating 7 times bigger and 6 times stronger enemy took less than a weak. She was to slow and I was to fast. Ofc she created some fighters which were quickly dealt with as she was not as advanced in air combat. Land invasion in Caucasus destroyed, then ships sank, fighters destroyed and all I needed was around 150 inf with 15 cars to take over her whole country supported with increasing number of bombers and fightes.

HQ - when the person gets kicked or banned from chat , this person is unable to use HQ chat for which payed in real cash.

This is outrageous and proves even things that you paid for can be taken from you if some irresponsible kid-mods will decide they do not like you any more.

in extension - such bans should not affect alliance chat as they force players to move away from supremacy communication channels in order to restore communication with chat-excluded members.

hey

it was about 4 ribbons in total, sorry

"Military and economic Player of week"

"Military and economic Player of month"

to mirror statistic from players gathering points in the game

I am sure it would be easier to aquire it that collecting poitns from 100 maps as it look now for ribbon "Player of month".

Ypu cna go for a one big map like 500 or coupole of smaller ones. and every week and month you have your chance.

this is in accordance to other MMO SG which have such a statistics when you build up you army for half a year to make final attack in hope of helping you coalition to win. Nice touch from game creators if you succeed but you do not have means to play game any more.

thanks

GoldenF

I would have to agree with Golden Frieeza on this (nice kdr btw),

yeah

makes more sense to build military and conquer simcity than build simcity and be conquered

ultraoff- 90% ress into military

I am guessing that swapping position of red and blue bar will solve the thing. looks like someone forgot to run final test after finishing codding ;-)

Hello

I am not sure if I see it correctly but it seems my strenght bar is showing opposite score

My fighting score is 3 x bigger that economic one while color bar shows it other way around.

Is it intended to be like that or someone forgot to position red bar under military score and blue one under economic score?

pasted-from-clipboard.png