Posts by Wiltshire Yeoman

I wouldn't mind having a crack as Sweden if you don't mind. I may need some guidance on RP but here is a sample article.

This morning at reveille his Grace the King addressed the troops assembled outside of his campaign tent. The official transcript of that address is as follows.

“We Charles, by the Grace of God King of Sweden, the Goths and the Vends, Grand Prince of Finland, Duke of Scania, Estonia, Livonia and Karelia, Lord of Ingria, Duke of Bremen, Verden and Pomerania, Prince of Rügen and Lord of Wismar, and also Count Palatine by the Rhine, Duke in Bavaria, Count of Zweibrücken–Kleeburg, as well as Duke of Jülich, Cleve and Berg, Count of Veldenz, Spanheim and Ravensberg and Lord of Ravenstein do solemnly swear to uphold the honour of the Swedish Empire.

It is now almost a year since the treacherous triple alliance of Denmark, Poland and Russia attacked our empire and sparked this Great Northern War. They thought us a weak and inexperienced boy whom they could easily cast aside, to divide our God given empire between themselves. We stand here now not as a 19 year old youth but as your undefeated King.

My treacherous cousin Frederick IV of Demark was first brought to heal and defeated at Travendal and now he licks his wounds in Copenhagen.

Then our most glorious victory to date. At the Battle of Nava we defeated a Russian army four fold our number and sent them running back to Peter the Great with their tails between their legs.

Now you stand before us and ask where next. Today we tell you. We go onwards for this year we will face the Polish dogs. Many of you know Augustus II has sued for peace and we know you stout Yeoman of Sweden pine for your homes but he can not be trusted. We must thrust him from power and secure our place in history.

We promise you this. The year of our lord 1701 is but the dawn of the greater Empire of Sweden 100 nay 300 years from now they will look back and say these are the days that built Sweden as the greatest nation in the whole world.”

The address will be copied and posted in all town squares across the Swedish Empire.

Look at the other thread lots of input in there.

It's not just the weird 1982 Tron like look and feel. Much much more critically it's really hard to see what's going on with the new icons. I can't easily see where they are and I can't see how many are stacked.

On the look and feel I think we've now lost the "retro" 1918 vibe which made the game feel so cool.

The interface is now similar to CoW which I play briefly when it came out but ultimately abandoned as it just wasn't as much fun as S1918.

I DO APPRECIATE all the efforts of the team in making these enhancements but for me they don't work. (More details on the other thread). Again sorry guys,.

Hi I've been playing the game for years but just registered on the forum to give some feedback on the new interface.

First of all I'd like to thank the developers for all the hard work they've done not just keeping the game running and fresh but also in the new revamp. It's obviously been a major effort.

Unfortunately for me it just doesn't work so far. As others have said it's now just so much more difficult to see whats going on easily across the whole map.

As per above the new 3D icons make it really hard to see exactly where the unit is sitting and also whats in the stack. You need to zoom right in.

The sea is beautiful but for me completely unnecessary in the game play and worse I'm finding it distracting and hurts my eyes (being able to toggle that off would be great).

The combination of the bright white borders, twinkly blue sea and very drab country colours makes me feel like I'm in the 1982 movie Tron. The old version felt somehow more in theme with a game set in 1918. This is especially true of the news paper which now looks really odd too.

I'll get used to the new menus etc that just change but I do think the new icons look (and I know this is a theme) a lot less fitting for a game set in this period. More Star Wars than World War.

The main thing though is the usability of the map the icons for Units, Cities and Resources don't really work for me at all.

Sorry it's so negative guys.