Posts by WatchWillow

The fees charges are expenses for Bytro - a cost of doing business that they will claim on any tax liabilities. When someone in the same country spends more on mobile than they do on web version then that have nothing to do with regional variations.

Any decent company would swallow the fees they get charged as part of their running costs. As i said I am thoroughly disgusted and disappointed in Bytro over their decision to charge more for their mobile platforms that they are forcing everyone to use by their annoying message that won't go away even after you have logged via mobile. If it costs them more when people use mobile why would they push it so hard - or is it that they can charge more on it and increase their revenue.

You can spin it however you like to me is looks a push to generate more sales at the expense of unsuspecting players who do not realise the mobile prices have been jacked up.

Different servers are completely different and will reflect the economy that server is based on. But to pump up prices on the same server for those who choose to play the mobile version is at best unethical. Yes you can say players have a choice where they buy their GM but for a company who is pushing to get everyone to play their mobile app to them rip those player off is disgraceful.

I have alway thought Bytro to be fair and their prices reasonable and I am bother disappointed and disgusted they have done this.

The problem is killing AIs is incredibly boring and believe it or not the reason we play a game is for fun not to be forced into the mindless grind of clearing a map of AIs. But if Bytro feel to 'win' a map players have to suffer that boredom then they are not providing us a fun game but a mundane task instead. It's a shame you feel like that but I do realise some players prefer killing AIs as they are predictable and easy to kill, those ones would happily keep playing a map when the real fighting is over but many of us really don't consider that challenging or fun.

Reality is the inactive players in Top 3, before going inactive, played better than the others.

Not necessarily - there are many reason why a player will expand quickly this could be as a result of being a muli who used alt accounts to run Kamikaze for him. Or a big GMer who simply ran out of funds so quit, could have been a lot of luck involved in placement. However the players who stick it out to the end and show that kind of activity and commitment to the game should be given some kind of reward - it's not gifting when the rest of the map has chosen to forgo any reward.

This has been a bug bear of mine for a while. In order to gain your rewards it can be a total grind to kill of the Ais that stand in your way. If a player has left the game then they should not take priority over someone who fought to the end.

I agree 100% the last 3 real players should get the top 3 placings and associated rewards

Wow really? I have not logged into the mobile version for longer than a few seconds but that is another good reason not to use it.

That really is bordering on criminal and Bytro should be ashamed of themselves

Today is 04/02/19 for me, but for many of you it is 02/04/19, at a glance we will see a date in the format we are used to and this can become confusing when a date works either way. When I see 12/20/18 I have to stop and think for a bit to work out what the date is.

So how about we compromise and make today 2 Feb 2019 now there is no confusion and everyone will know the correct date they are looking at without needing to think about it. It is standard practice for international applications to use the long date format for this very reason and I can't imaging anyone would argue they don't know what date is being referred to when using it.

There was no link to discuss this in forum included in the press release, A ploy to stop anyone from complaining?

Anti betrayal measures: Players of a team or a coalition can no longer change their relation to members of other teams or coalitions to anything better than peace (e.g. shared map is not possible).

While I understand the reason for this it has created new problems. In 500 maps in particular is is not uncommon at all for 2 or more coalitions to work together with an agreement for an end game battle to decide the final outcome. These changes mean this is now no longer possible. A real life example would be if different countries no longer shared their intelligence but were all fighting individual wars, this simply did not happen. However betrayal, espionage, double agent etc. were a fact of life. So you have taken something that was based on reality and changed it into something that would never happen......

Team players who become inactive no longer fall back to Right of Way but stay at Shared map at all times.

This is good and has been needed for a long time, when a team mate has to leave for whatever reason suddenly losing SM in the middle of a war can be disastrous.

We removed the team balancer when joining games: Players can now choose their team freely and don’t need to even out teams in the selection process.

Thank you for this one, now friends can join the same teams together finally.

I am a PC player and have little interest in the mobile platform. However recently every time I log the game I get a very annoying message insisting I should try the mobile app. After a while I realised this message was not going to go away so I clicked on the 'send link to phone' button. It then proudly informed me a link had been emailed. I never received any email, so in an attempt to rid myself of the increasingly annoying messages I logged the game on my phone (terrible experience and confirms my decision not to use that platform) and joy the message went away when I logged. The promised GM gift for accessing via phone was also never received.

Today the message returned in all it's annoying glory, once again I clicked on the option to send a link, once again no email has been received.

Please please give me an option to turn that message off forever, I will forgo the pitiful gift of GM as the irritation the message is causing is not worth that poultry amount. Add to that the fact the promised link is never sent it just adds to the impression of a company that no longer makes good on it's promises.

For me the decision has become very easy. When legacy is discontinued so will my game. I cannot bring myself to play the new mode, it is just too alien, like starting a new game and one I would not go back to after first impressions tell me its not a game I would like. The mobile platform for me is even worse, why would I chose to play on a 5" screen during my spare time when I have 2 x 30" monitors available to me on my PC .....

I think most people have agreed an option of pay to play maps with no GM usage is a good idea. They used to be available in the alliance league matches but I've never seen them in general maps.

How hard would it be to trial that scenario? I know there are still many free players who could not take advantage but there are plenty of players who are willing to spend a little on a game but don't want to have to empty their bank every game just to survive past the initial 2 weeks when the GMers and multi's are more active.

As far as the complaints about other tactics go that's a conversation for a different thread and Golden Buddha already knows my feelings on that subject :P

I must say that could lead to changes in thinking and hopefully decreasing number of players who do not see any other way to counter SNS than SNS itself.

2 players using SnS if on at the same time may as well just melee fight as there is no advantage to, the larger army will win, and also SnS is not always guaranteed to get you free hits, many time the enemy units will return fire immediately. There are also places on the map that are buggy and your 30 second countdown to engaging jumps back to 2 mins over and over again forcing you to move closer. Eventually you are will in range and your advantage is lost again. So to suggest SnS is a mindless easy way to win I'd say you are wrong as you need to still understand some quirks the game throws at you and know how to deal with them.

Personally I rarely play 500s, I'm sick of the multi accounts in them, SnS is the least annoying thing to me.

Last paragraph leads me to one thought- why arts are so powerfull in hand to hand combat? they should have 2 factors- one is range factor, second is melee- which IMHO should be much lower like it is with planes on the ground.

In my experience if you catch artillery in a melee fight they will die quickly, I would not agree they are too strong, I also find cavalry to be pretty weak too so we are seeing totally different result which I assume is due to different playing styles. That is part of my point, if people use units differently you need to adapt your tactics to the situation. That is where people with skill will win over mindlessness.

I am guessing 98-99% of players use only SNS and when they figure out opponent is more active they just surrender dropping from a map.

I don't know what maps you are playing but I rarely find I am against an opponent who only uses SnS and even less who can get the better of me - I enjoy the challenge of people who use tactics over just ramming everything with a massive tank army, I consider SnS a tactic not an exploit but I guess those who don't like it will try to get it banned. IMHO the mindlessness of the game in those who do nothing but send huge armies marching through everything, they take heavier losses and when they do come up against a half proficient player they will lose.

Unfortunately I am sure Bytro gain quite a significant income out of accidental clicks. I have lost count of the amount of GM I have spent unintentionally. It's way too easy to click the wrong button - the GM buttons are placed prominently and close to other buttons you would click on a lot - this is no accident. It is very clever placement and a way to increase sales, I would be very surprised if Bytro would want to add a warning message as it would decrease their income.

I think you want to change the game to suit your limited hours - as a result will make the players who play more leave and ultimately SUpremacy will become a game where everyone just logs once a day and it will slowly die as a boring game.

I can be online 24/7 if needed and no-one else can access my account. I am one of those mindless players who just uses SnS to win (when a situation calls for it) and clearly have no skills at all. If you force players like me to reduce our play to suit those who only want to do anything for an hour or 2 a day I guarantee you will make the game much worse. We all have our preferred way of playing which is what makes the game interesting, you never know what you will be fighting next. There would be no fun if everyone had to play the same cos there was only one available tactic to use.

But hey you will be able to say you got rid of all those cheats who chose to commit to being able to log at any time needed, when I can't log I only retreat as far as I need to for the hours I will be away - it has nothing to do with my enemies hours but my own so your point there is moot.

There are turn based games that would suit those with limited hours much better - a real time strategy game leans itself to those who can commit longer hours. Maybe we should see if they can change sup so everyone can only give orders to their armies once a day, I'm sure that would make it much fairer for everyone and get rid of all those pesky players with more time to play.

when it comes to SnS/S&S - just change a game code so if player is hit by a range unit and has this range unit in a range ( arty vs arty as it is mostly) both stacks are hit at the same time and dmg is applied without one shooting earlier than other.

This would not be in the slightest bit realistic, the delay in firing back actually mimics real life.

I am also at a loss to work out why tactics that are available to everyone in the game should be changed just because someone doesn't like them.

Warping is available to EVERYONE (and not limited to AC) always has been for years, if you don't know about it or use not the games fault.

SNS also available to everyone, and there is a simple counter to it if you know you are not going to be online, make sure your armies are a safe distance away. Retreating is also a tactic available to everyone and can be the best thing to do in many situations and guess what - after retreating it is still possible to win you just need to use your armies well.

You need to play to your limitations and not try to bring everyone down to the lowest common denominator, punishing people with more time, or more patience or more money is not going to make the game any better.

That's why it's unrealistic: in WWI you could bombard for days and days, but those cannons never achieved total annihilation of the enemy.

I beg to differ. If a post was bombarded for day after day and the troops stationed there just stayed and took it I think you would find eventually all would die. Even if it was through attrition as no supplies could get there. However in WW1 armies didn't not just sit there and knowing this is why those bombarding with artillery did not wait to take the position as they not only wanted to advance but to kill enemy troops as well. So they pushed forward when the losses became 'acceptable'.

In the game it has been simplified somewhat from real warfare to make it fun for those playing and not to get down to too much micro management which would put a lot of people off.

If you opponent chooses to just sit there and take your arty bombardment then yes they will die - they have options, they could withdraw or they could rush the artillery positions - just like the real thing. It is not a fault of the game when players choose to do neither but just sit there and die.

Here, you don't really need any other unit than infantry and artilleries. The former to invade, the later to protect the former (not even for the purpose to conquer)

Again sorry disagreeing. While in the early stages of the game artillery are definitely the king of the battlefield if you chose never to build other units your will soon find yourself overwhelmed by air & sea power (depending on your country and map). It may be possible to win a map with limited armament but the longer a map lasts the more difficult that will become. As everyone plays different you need to adapt your game play to some extent to counter what your enemy brings to the fight.

Bokoli,

I have the slight suspicion your understanding of English his not sufficient to be constructive in this conversation?

You are talking reaaaally strange mate :)

At least get his name right if you are going to insult him :P