Posts by WatchWillow

I'd have to disagree about removing SnS, from a pure gaming point of view this is one tactic out of many available for use. Also not out of the realms of reality whereby returning artillery fire would be delayed as they were repositioned/targeted.

As a game I agree we cannot slow it down any further and it is already quite possible to spend weeks fighting over single city.

There are ways to counter pretty much every tactic in Supremacy, if you take away SnS you give those who use tank armies a greater advantage - do we then do something to hobble the tanks to even it out again?

The complaint about SnS players being 'too active' is quite lame - every game has players with different activity levels and those who only play once a day are always going to be at a disadvantage however what gaming company is going to punish those who play long hours? If someone is willing to put on the hours and check often then they deserve to be rewarded with a win IMO.

Instead of trying to remove a feature you can't/won't use why not find a way to counter it that your playing style allows. I hate coming up against a blitzkrieg player however I hunker down and deal with it.

Each weapon type has it's pros & cons it's up to the individual to learn how to use them to their advantage.

You could equally say planes are overpowered and as yet no real defence against them (other than to fool the game into targeting the wrong army while you flee), not even the likes of anti-aircraft guns that were available in WW1 - before we start changing what we have why not add the things still missing.

Some things just wouldn't fit well into a game, as Narmer already mentioned to include trenches & bunkers would not add much value but it would slow everything down, but I think there is still room for some things and since planes were introduced we have been missing the obvious counter weapon for them.

One thing I would really like to see initiated is some kind of limit to when someone can return to a game after they have gone inactive. This is particularly important in those maps where home cities cannot be attacked such as the Dominion maps.

It is far too easy for players towards the end of a map to change the outcome simply by reactivating the game and attacking players who after weeks have trusted that those borders are safe. Sometimes they receive, messages from losing players to come back and help them (a form of wolfpacking?) or they are just the kind of player who like to cause misery to others after months of hard fought battles.

I appreciate some people go away on vacation and cannot log the game so do not want to lock them out but I would say after 3-4 weeks of inactivity we are getting to the point they should not be able to log back in other than as a guest to watch.

I have played a number of the Dominion maps now and in all but one of them players returned weeks later to hit other players from behind and as they are able to use long range weapons from the protection of their home cities those being attacked are helpless to do anything as they cannot fight back.

The feature to not allow home cities to be attacked is fine until it allows this inequality. Players should not be able to attack from behind an invisible barrier stopping all retaliation - where in any war ever was this possible?

So I am really suggesting a couple of changes

1. After X days of inactivity player are unable to return as an active player to maps

2. In Dominion type maps ranged weapons in home cities cannot fire outside of the home base but must first be moved into a position that will allow retaliatory strikes.

A huge thank you for the toggle tactical armies option, that one thing makes a big difference to the playability of the new look. We're not there yet I still find myself reaching for the legacy mode button to make sure I am not missing anything. It's a mixture of having to get used to the new look which will happen with time and some things just not being clear enough yet.

Every alliance worth anything in Supremacy will have some kind of team page, either facebook or similar. Every alliance worth anything in Supremacy will also have their preferred chat be it Discord, Messenger, Skype etc.

Even the mods use Skype and not any kind of in game communication so please that ship has sailed long ago.

How on earth would you police banning the use of 3rd party communication. It would be impossible to confirm it's use unless you intend to start using the illegal use of spyware installed with the game so all our other online activities are logged and sent back to Bytro?

That's a slippery slope you are on if you want to suggest that friends are no longer allowed to chat to each other while playing a game. What about those who live close to each other are you also going to ban them from meeting up and discussing games?

It's unworkable and a ridiculous suggestion.

Saying that I am not a fan of linking with Discord as that would then require everyone to instal and use Discord which will not be to everyone's liking.

Push notification could be emailed as there are already some system mails being send, push notification to the browser I assume requires the game to always be running which again will not suit everyone.

Sad day for long term players.. It is now official to get the 'exclusive' content you now need to move to the mobile platform. Is this the beginning of the end for PC players I wonder. I have no intention of moving to the mobile platform, if the intention is to slowly 'encourage' everyone to do so how about you just tell us now, or at least admit anyone playing on the PC will now be disadvantaged.

I'm trying very hard to learn to live with these changes but each new release puts another nail in the Supremacy coffin for many of us.

It is possible to play more than one acct in the same location - you have 2 options.

1. Disable the anti-cheat which will allow you to play together however the game will not be ranked.

2. Contact a mod and explain the situation and they can register the 2 accounts on the same IP and allow both to play the same map.

I had the same issue when i also has a family member wanting to play, as long as your IP address doesn't keep changing it will work fine one the IP address is registered with both accounts.

There are a few partners who both play the game so there is a solution

I have to agree with Wiltshire Yeoman on this. I too have tried out CoW on 3 occasions and each time lasted not more than a few minutes and quickly returned to Supremacy. It's just individual taste regarding the type of game we want to play and as I think is becoming quite clear Supremacy players are not CoW players.

I can understand the need to modernize the look (I'm not a fame but understand many will be) I get you want to get on the mobile platform and also steam but do we really need a CoW clone? If we all wanted to play CoW then that game would be full and Supremacy would be empty. When I start a new game now no matter which map it is full in a few hours, from what I am reading that is not so with CoW.

But if your justification for this change is solely based on "the success of CoW" then I can't help but feel once again my days of enjoying the game are numbered. I have not yet had a chance to check the new look after today's patch however I am finding it worrying the talk of "let's make it more like CoW" that I am hearing. That will be a huge disappointment to all of us who have tried CoW and decided it is not for us.

The original post was about both GM & HC so i will start with HC.

I don't think there should be any changes made to HC, it is very good value for what it offers, it does not give a ridiculous advantage to players and offers some very convenient features that are available to everyone at the same cost so there is no concept of pay to win.

The same cannot be said for GM, if someone is determined to win I have seen them drop $100s of dollars into a single map - this is great for Bytro but for everyone else in the game not so much fun. It would be interesting to know the statistics of GM usage, I think they would help in working out a more equitable way to move forward.

Obviously there has to be a premium currency, no company is going to put effort into a game that doesn't raise revenue.

I would suggest more options when starting a game to allow player to decide what kind of game they would prefer.

1. No change, open GM spending for all

2. Buy in with no GM allowed in map (say 5k GM per player)

3. Limited GM - 2K buy in then a cap on daily spending

4. Delayed GM - No GM spending allowed for first 2 weeks

These are just suggestions and amounts are just pulled out of the air. Knowing what the average spend per map is would help determine fair amounts that would not reduce the income for Bytro and not be too rich for most players. There will still be the free to play maps as available now but also a range of options for those who prefer to use tactics over their wallet. There will always be players who want to pay to win in every game where there is a premium currency these people exist and let's be honest they are the ones keeping the game free for others. However there are those who are also happy to pay to play, that option does not exist in Supremacy at the moment, that could be a market worth tapping.

Remember that only PvP military fights are scored (including Elite AI), so, it's possible to have economical score higher than military one.

Yes it is, however in the example the military score is 3x the economic therefore the military bar should be 3x longer too but the economic bar is longer. I fear you are not quite understanding what the actual issue is we are trying to bring attention to.

I would have to agree with Golden Frieeza on this (nice kdr btw), I noticed the same thing, the bar underneath the scores does not accurately represent the scores, it's irrelevant what colours each is allocated, the bar beneath should be (in the example above) much longer for the military (blue) score than for the economic (red) score. As it i it makes no sense.

Mobile version will be better in new UI. Just give them time to clean the version up and 100% will retire will never happen firstly because only a few actually say they'll leave and most of them bark louder then they'll bite onces the new version is finished and cleaned

I think this is the whole crux of this issue - Bytro want a slice of the mobile market and will butcher a great game to get it. Your current user base are PC gamers, sure some may also play on the mobile platform but will they play supremacy that way? I for one cannot imaging trying to play a game with so much involved as Supremacy has, on a 6" screen, the only way to make it playable will be to cut down much of the interface, make it a game that can be played by prodding on a screen. I've seen other great PC games move to the mobile platform and I have watched 90% of their existing player base leave. It's sad to watch and when it's a game you have enjoyed for years very disappointing. However as Bytro moves on with their pretty new graphics we will also move on to other games.

More than happy to wait and see if the new look is cleaned up enough to be able to play but as it is if legacy goes I, and many other will be forced to leave - not choose to but if we simply can't play the game any more then our hand is forced.

Make the game playable and I am sure large numbers will come around but right now, as it is now the new look is not one that we compel people to stay nor I suspect attract new gamers either.

- When moving troops from water to land, I sometimes need to gather on the coast just outside the water. In legacy we can see if we're still sending them to water or actually on land by the 'embarking for...' that appears in the route. When determining a route in the new UI it doesn't display that message anymore so I don't know wether they're gonna go to the land piece of the coast or the sea piece of the coast.

This is a pretty important observation, you must be able to see exactly where your troops are sitting especially when on the beaches. The penalty for being in the water is to huge to ignore and when amassing troops especially to defend against a water landing you have to be able to place accurately. if there is no indication as to whether you are embarking or disembarking it will be impossible to stage your troops correctly

For me I really don't care what the game looks like, as long as they are fun to play. Supremacy in legacy mode is fun to play, the interface is easy to master so you can spend your time thinking about you tactics and they are then easy to implement due to the simplicity of the interface.

Compare this to the new look and the easy of play has been lost. I can't easily see where all my units are or what my army composition is, the arduous task of clicking on every single army to see what I have is a game killer. Add to that the difficulty in seeing where armies are heading, where borders lie, who my enemy is and where their armies are and it simply is no longer a fun game. I can no longer spend time on strategy as I am spending too much time working out where everything is now to have time to decide where i want it to be in an hour.

I know a lot of effort has been put into this new look and overall it's fine, it's not as intuitive imo but the placement of menus will be learned and accepted over time but the ease of play is an absolute must if you want to grow your player base. If long term player who know they game are telling you this is not an improvement to game play then you really do need to listen to them. You may well attract a new player base with your new fancy graphic but will they stay? Or will they find the interface just too hard to master with too much time spent searching for armies correct location etc.

The creation of new games also needs a bit of attention. In legacy when choosing your country you can easily see who is already playing where - now you only get the list of countries that have not already been chosen.

While this may seem logical I have always based my choice on a number of factors, one being who is playing close by me, is it possible to get the full list of countries back again so we can easily see which countries are already taken without having to click on them all in the map?

It's a fairly small irritation and I am sure we would get used to it but for me at least I do prefer to have all the information available at a glance to make the best decision regarding country selection.

It's a shame the Frontline players weren't listened to a bit more before introducing this to everyone - there was always going to be a bad reaction the way it is now - the game is bordering on unplayable and the comments I am seeing on this thread are no different to what was being said on previous threads.

I have already heard from a number of players they will finish the maps they are in while they can still use legacy mode and then move on to other games. I'd like to say I will be staying but I find no matter how much I try and make myself use the new look I soon find myself reaching for the legacy mode button just to confirm everything is how it should be. Once legacy is gone I really don't know if I will be able to keep playing. As far as mobile & steam platform go - I can't imaging trying to play this on a mobile screen, it is hard enough when I use a 7" tablet in emergencies. Steam - ugh, not a fan, the last game that went to steam I ended up leaving because of other issues. Will we still be able to play through a browser when it is launched on Steam?

It is still quite buggy too - often I need to refresh a couple of times just to get the units and cities to show on my screen. I'm not going to cover all the points I have already raised other than to say Bytro really need to listen to their consumers and not assume this is what we all want, I acknowledge this has taken a lot of work and probably a kick in the teeth for the dev team to read a lot of negative feedback. It's not all terrible, a lot is just a matter of getting used to the new look and working out where everything has been moved to - but the actual map itself, if we can't tell where our units are or their composition, who our enemy is, where our borders are, what buildings we have etc etc then people will simply stop playing and in many cases not through choice they literally will not be able to play.

I will say this, and i think it has been lost over time - there is a reason we all play this quaint dated game - we play it because it is quaint and dated. We love the simplicity of the UI which does not detract from the game play. It appeals to us BECAUSE of all the things you are taking away, if you truly don't care about people leaving then carry on but if you want to retain your user base then please listen to us and find a compromise we can all live with.

In the old look forum it was possible to include your game statistics in your post - a nice feature especially when you have a record to be proud of.

I was hoping to add the code to my forum signature however I can no longer locate this code. Previously it was in the account set up area but with the new interface I no longer have access to it. There is no equivalent code available in the new look account settings - I do notice some people are still showing their record when they post so either I have missed something or they were sensible enough to have it already saved.

Are there plans to make this feature available in the new forum maybe with an updated look to match everything else?

I used rightclick and then duplicate on my browser taps so I had the suprmeacy1914 site open twice

Ahhh yes, that's what I was talking about having multiple tabs open which really negates the whole single window idea. But that seems to be the only way to have more than one game open simultaneously which is preferable to waiting for games to reload over and over. Much easier if you can just click through them