Posts by Hastings TNT

I have assimilated to ReVamp, couple suggestions I have to make ReVamp better

#1 Give ReVamp the burning provinces like Legacy has > https://cdn.discordapp.com/att…7226296795146/unknown.png

#2 Tabs function differently Legacy was convenient to have separate tabs open in Legacy, which does not happen in ReVamp, always need to log in separate tab or toggle between maps > https://cdn.discordapp.com/att…7622406733854/unknown.png

#3 Have simultaneous display of battle tick in ReVamp click on opponents, to get their battle tick, then hover over your own unit to get your own clock > https://cdn.discordapp.com/att…9547576016906/unknown.png

ReVAmp adjustments are nice and I had forgotten the LAG which came with LEGACY , especially on the 500 maps since playing the ReVamp the past month... prefer the ReVamp performance in regard to ZERO LAG

Keep up good work this is a process and Bytro did great with shrinking the Huge Banners and 3D unit icons, few more tweaks and we are back to the previous Glory of S1914 IMO

I have assimilated to ReVamp, couple suggestions I have to make ReVamp better

#1 Give ReVamp the burning provinces like Legacy has > https://cdn.discordapp.com/att…7226296795146/unknown.png

#2 Tabs function differently Legacy was convenient to have separate tabs open in Legacy, which does not happen in ReVamp, always need to log in separate tab or toggle between maps > https://cdn.discordapp.com/att…7622406733854/unknown.png

#3 Have simultaneous display of battle tick in ReVamp click on opponents, to get their battle tick, then hover over your own unit to get your own clock > https://cdn.discordapp.com/att…9547576016906/unknown.png

ReVAmp adjustments are nice and I had forgotten the LAG which came with LEGACY , especially on the 500 maps since playing the ReVamp the past month... prefer the ReVamp performance in regard to ZERO LAG

Kep up good work this is a process and Bytro did great with shrinking the Huge Banners and 3D unit icons, few more tweaks and we are back to the previous Glory of S1914 IMO

Sorry for a needless post in advance. Just curious as I have been out of the game for a while. When you say the legacy client has been removed, which version are you talking about?

Legacy Display would have been the display which was in place when you were a Game Moderator in 2018, (which was deleted about a month ago now), clients are still here just adapting to Ultimate Immersion or ReVamp display as it is called here.

Last reminder that this thread was and still is about legacy feedback. Will remove or move non related posts in the future.

Alkyonor Obviously this thread spiraled out of control and the 'Anonymous Newspaper' topic was directly related to the end of Legacy which still allowed such articles to be posted...

I like to say both the positive and the negative, it is called "FEEDBACK", while some volunteer staff might take it personal it is not directed toward them of the duties they perform as volunteers... I accept and try to adapt to the change, I do not appreciate others becoming so defensive and aggressive because they do not agree with the 'FEEDBACK" which I am giving. I do not have the 'data' available which you have, what I do have is interactions with GO's when I file reports and the Forum.

Really? you think that removing anonymous articles and changing the report process lowered the volunteer GO work load? Absolutely NOT. If anything it created more work. You really shouldn't speak on things of which you do not know about.

Yes, really and I also think Bytro should better cultivate more Bytro Volunteers (GO's) especially for as busy as EN server is, rather than driving away competent GO's, What increased GO work load was Bytro restructuring, GO's quit also adding responsibilities not the removal of Anonymous articles and the reporting process, really sorry you are over worked (under appreciated) and that you do not have more volunteers to help you in your duties.

Kind Regards

there was a way to find anonymous guy by checking posts of enemies- if you declared war on a correct person, then you had it. but since new popularity started to kill everyone with hundreds of bots swarming you- you cannot do it any more.

You do not have to declare war to find 'anonymous author' it is enough to change diplomacy to trade embargo then simply enter search enemies in newspaper and the 'anonymous author' is revealed, however I do agree, that trade embargo could harm your global popularity in using this method to locate the 'anonymous author' .

We simply didn't like that tool in our game. It promoted toxicity and spam. Even if the posting were not directly against the rules, they were most often still trollposts or lies. Plus the aforementioned regular rulebreaks, which also added too much unnessecary support work. I mean players can still post in the newspaper, but without the anonymous feature they usually behave much better :)

No way I accept the protecting the community from TOXIC TROLLS rhetoric, this anonymous post is very useful in manipulating arrogant players in maps, and I miss it as it was still available for a long while with legacy although it had been removed from UI ReVamp long ago...I take it that this anonymous posting was eliminated to lower the work load for the volunteer staff, lowering the work load for volunteers was also the obvious goal of changing the 'REPORT PROCESS', volunteers need to be protected ;)

I am happy with smaller banner and units icons (Not Tactical armies but better than huge 3d models), also the province admin panel new changes Morale red green arrows and showing province percentage, 2 positive things IMO some suggestions I like to see....

#1) Return Burning provinces with low morale , the smoke rising from provinces now is same as smoke from factories...

#2) Anonymous articles in newspaper

#3) Battle tick only displays when hovering over one unit, can not click on opponents see their battle tick and then hover over your own to see your own battle tick (both Battle Ticks are important), have to toggle back and forth when fighting planes

As for a tactical army display, please keep in mind that we can't just furiously tap on our keyboards and magically make code appear that works right away and represents the image of tactical army labels we have in our heads, but we have to work out all the details, code them and test them. This requires the game designers to come up with the best solution for the labels, the art team to design the visuals, the developers to code it, quality assurance to test it. Only then can we release new content. It takes time and we already have stuff on our plates.

Tactical Army Display is not a new request, it was included in the first role out of ReVamp/UI display (2019), it was removed from ReVamp, I played Revamp for a short time until the 3 D Models and Banners were introduced and at that time I returned to Legacy, please bring it back as an Option.

If you want real feed back from experienced players give players a reason to play Frontline Pioneers > Apparently evidence shows 2 yrs of Frontline Pioneers input/feedback has not helped. I have to assume we are all BETA testers considering this latest update ; you had 2 yrs of feedback time for working on this ReVamp display and you never had so many complaints until you removed Legacy option from veterans of s1914. So the 5% of remaining Legacy players are now getting chance to speak of what changes need to be made.

#1 change all SHOUT for is the option/ return of Tactical Armies Display, what do we get > Province admin tab broken, pathfinding broken, other country displayed for our own units... Please give us one thing we all asking for Tactical Army Display!

Reason to play Frontline Pioneers > Gold Mark Rewards or Bug Brigade medals, only reason I am listed as frontline Pioneer is to avoid the unwanted Pop-up Advertisement I get each time I log into s1914

One question do any of the DEV's actually play S1914?

If you want real feed back from experienced players give players a reason to play Frontline Pioneers > Apparently evidence shows 2 yrs of Frontline Pioneers input/feedback has not helped. I have to assume we are all BETA testers considering this latest update ; you had 2 yrs of feedback time for working on this ReVamp display and you never had so many complaints until you removed Legacy option from veterans of s1914. So the 5% of remaining Legacy players are now getting chance to speak of what changes need to be made.

#1 change all SHOUT for is the option/ return of Tactical Armies Display, what do we get > Province admin tab broken, pathfinding broken, other country displayed for our own units... Please give us one thing we all asking for Tactical Army Display!

Reason to play Frontline Pioneers > Gold Mark Rewards or Bug Brigade medals, only reason I am listed as frontline Pioneer is to avoid the unwanted Pop-up Advertisement I get each time I log into s1914

One question do any of the DEV's actually play S1914?

I really tried to play in the new mode for a whole week. It is impossible and not playable for me. I have barricaded my running games into the archive. But since my army line runs until September, I have asked Bytro for a refund.

This is the answer: Thank you Bytro!

I can not read German or copy paste for Google Translation from a screen shot, did you get a Refund?

I am sure AKAIR gave you very nice 'scripted' response ;)