Posts by Hastings TNT

What if we're about to lose our capital?

This is something you want to avoid.

Conquering a Capital: * 10% morale increase to all of your provinces * receive half of the national money reserve * daily resource production
    Losing Capital: * morale drops 20% in all your provinces * max morale cap is reduced by 40% in all provinces

do you have more tips and tricks that you know could help us deal with ai?

Greetings and Welcome back....

Some time while you were away from s1914, AI was changed to ELITE AI in all maps, previously only Gold Rounds had this ELITE AI... Since this change; once you find yourself at WAR it is nearly impossible to return to PEACE with AI... Much testing has went into deciphering behavior of AI, no hard percentages have been determined for AI doing things like declaring Trade Embargo or Declaring WAR however I can give you few Tips I have learned from constantly playing maps. AI relations are predominately influenced by Global Popularity.

Global popularity is influenced/manipulated by things like doing 100's of micro trades per day, not any certain resource or amount of resources per trade, but sheer number of trades > 1 silver for 1 silver with a friend will give you higher Global Popularity. Other than Stock market , many of these manipulations with trading directly to other players or with changing status in diplomacy tab.

Some Positive Influences/Manipulations>

RoW/Share Maps to AI or most Popular nations

Trade Embargo Most Dreaded Nations

Trade Embargo nations which AI are giving Trade Embargo to

Always Declare War before Attacking

Several Share Maps

Some Negative Influences/Manipulations>

Having high military % (Large Military)

Surprise Attacks

Attacking anyone on Newspapers Most Popular List

Elite AI is much more aggressive than former AI , so not good idea to waste inf units on fighting in early stages of map, but Elite AI is still easily manipulated with any range unit bombardment, now you actually get Military points for harvesting AI, You can still use neutral land to start proxy wars with AI to create buffer...

Good Luck, Have Fun, Enjoy games....

Update there seems to have been a divorce from AWT, name change often happens in a divorce... Since the proverbial lawyers got involved and negotiations have been made to have new version of AWT called AT - Alliance Tournament.

Just so everyone is following the narrative given is that AWT CHAMPS Boot Brigade only uses 'Brute force" strategy of attacking 2019 Solo Champ DutchKing can verify our rudimentary strategy... allegedly we seek this because we are hyper active for first few days but lack stamina to finish longer match due to being exhausted from hyper activity at start of map.... FYI> AWT Finals went to limit of day 18 and Boot Brigade won AWT Finals with score of 1514-199 as, a map which was actually decided by day 7. AT Organizer has every right to extend maps to day 21+ or longer but I wonder if extending AWT Finals map would have made game more fun or rich experience for anyone involved? Language being used is that other team would enjoy attempting to make a 'come back' with mechanical units for extra 3-7 days, a come back from 199-1514 to win map. I understand logic, when you can not run a sprint you change and look to run a Marathon. Now organizers announces that AT will be ran in fashion NOT favoring BB, no other alliances need worry about anything it is all decided.. FYI> capitals were never relocated rather they were traded to prevent capture by Germany (Blatant reverse Engineering of Capital Farming Rule) only France Re-built NOT relocated a capital after his capital was sacked on day 4-5 prior to day which province trade is allowed ... words like 'relocating capital' are misleading of facts, and no such explanation is required for Organizer to issue AT rules which are meant to protect other alliances from Brute force strategies used by Boot Brigade, I hope everyone is happy and AT Tournament will be a success, I am happy!

Well paragraph one, I could go into all the various methods account sitters use and rant about cheaters, however you have a new generation of players are now playing s1914 which play maps with their phones (Mobil app) these players are like your girlfriends or anyone else under 35 which have nervous break down when they lose sight of their phone, consider these players have their phone set to PING any notifications (reports) from their s1914 maps, and how old players used to set alarm to wake up at 3:30 am to do some planned movements; with modernization of game and using Mobil app the activity level of players has increased in some segments, I would say YES, these players are online playing 24/7.

Paragraph two you only see opponents /AI movements in general directions, display shows movement to next transition, road or next weigh point if at sea which is within your vision, it is the game mechanic.

Good Luck , have fun, enjoy games.

Make s1914 Great Again

Meant to ask--does this happen a lot?

Very common in Event or 500 map scenarios, smaller maps you run across few such Gold users, here is link for Alliance Tournament which is planning to have NO GOLD USE rule, you will need to being 4+ members since this Alliance scenario is team of 5 players vs opponent of 5 players when you arrive to server look for AWT discussion or AWT Pre-registration https://discord.gg/HuFFY9Kp

unit movement display bug issue happens when toggling to any sub sequential map from the initial session log-in / map. Same tab, or 2nd tab makes no difference .... log out of one map and log into different map, same issue no movement options display for unit > requiring a Refresh then settings clicks to engage Low Graphics display + gold confirmation + silencing music/ sound effects ... This is very annoying

https://cdn.discordapp.com/att…7290664402944/unknown.png

I have been constant participant of this game since October 2018, I have been leader of 2 alliances and have achieved Field Marshal rank , I also had privileged position as a Byto volunteer for some time in my service to community, I hope this resume will give me status as an Active Veteran among my peers in this community... Like me or hate me, all know I am consistent in my agenda with my intent being to always to help the community, I would like to see Bytro display receptiveness to constructive criticism. Perhaps this is better under Game Discussion Topic Thread but some of these topics I will mention are missing features, not all...

I would like to point out some things which I see as positive evolution of this game which I enjoy so much... and also some flaws which I like Bytro to hear and act upon rather than being ignored like what all veteran players are thinking. I feel that with newer faces in Bytro Staff, that perhaps there is hope to 'Make S1914 Great Again' In my time here i see the following>

We have now moved thru a transition and most are using ReVamp / Ultimate Immersion display including myself, this was a tough transition, Good job Bytro for seeing this thru... latest thing I am looking forward to is the upcoming change to combat mechanics and how this overhaul will be applied to S1914. I am also pleased with Official S1914 Discord server https://discord.gg/V78T5w8D giving community unheard of contact with anyone above Moderator Pay Grade without filing a REPORT. I am happy to see announcement in Discord of TEST map starting and Guinea pigs needed.

From what I have witnessed , most of Bytro issues revolve around transition to Mobil app while devoting major man hours and resources towards launching Supremacy1/Tesla Wars/IronOrder1919 (what ever is current name)

While doing bi-monthly updates on s1914 game Bytro stubbornly refuses to modify / update unclear and vague language in rule descriptions which allow cheaters and multi account pushers to thrive in this community, while using NDA /German law to avoid transparency / accountability of seemingly corrupted volunteer staff (those that abuse their power and those that use the power to gain an edge in games) ; is not like someone is asking for Bytro game code or financials. Easy fix to avoid any Appearance of Impropriety, Bytro Volunteers should never be playing maps on server that they work on, ie... when I was volunteer I played Polish, German , Dutch servers, but never on English server.

Alliances / League play and Role Play including GOLD FREE scenarios should be embraced and promoted , the game should be great with the community base it has, and base will grow if we can interest average newbie to join alliance for more reasons than to avoid the annoying pop-up,

Same goes for the Frontline Pioneer pop-ups, veterans should be recruited and given Bug Brigade Medal achievement and gold rewards for Beta testing. Why do you have newbie players still learning basics of game as Beta testers for Frontline player maps?

So much effort put into display and advertising while the veterans (potentially as important as volunteer staff) are getting no support.

Bytro tactic of proactive damage control , is to seek veterans input when Bytro is removing some feature like legacy or changing combat mechanics, any other time veterans are ignored or silenced when speaking TRUTH about the flaws in this game. This Silencing needs to stop, why have Forum or discord server if you are only allowed to Praise the company and never voice obvious flaws?

FYI> Since posting this thread , I have been sanctioned with PERMA BAN on the Official s1914 Discord Server June 2022 - MEMEs which MODs do not agree with are characterized as being controversial.

'Make S1914 Great Again'

The available options on the coalition window are now working. I switched from chrome to firefox. Not sure if that did the trick or the msg I sent to support address I had found.

Alliance membership / application is what my previous post was in reference to, it is commonly interchangeable words using alliance and coalition.

Sounds like you are talking about in-game coalition, there is a cool down period of 3 days when you leave a coalition and 1 day when you are kicked from a coalition. (Cool down before you can join /start new coalition)

Players can apply to join a coalition if openings are available to join, limits to coalition are 3 p for small maps , 5 p for 100 maps and 7 p for 500 maps... I suspect someone wanted to join your coalition and you were already at your limit for the map you were playing is reason application button was not available.

Victory Points> Each Building Type = 0.5 point work shop level 1 is same value as Factory Level 4 ... You only need 1 Hit Point of a building type in order to get credit for the building Type being completed , so 6 hours of airfield cancel build, move to barracks 6 hours build, cancel build, 12 hours other things like harbor, railroad, this will get you quick boost in VP's

you have these following building types>

#1 workshop
    #2 fort
    #3 barrack
    #4 airfield
    #5 harbor
    #6 railroad

#7 capital

Each province other than capital province has max of 6 points which can be increased with a BONUS 6 points for 99%
    Therefore maximum = 12 points for these provinces with high morale...

This should help you to maximize your Victory Points.

NOTE: Average morale and the 6 point morale for provinces above 99% morale are way more relevant for DE points than buildings.

I honestly have to question your statement of there being a history of his rulings being overturned, as the overturn would have had to pass by either me or another colleague, both of which I can not recall. I'm not gonna die on the hill of "we'd never make mistakes", as everyone ist just a human in the end, but ultimately, if a ruling turns out to be overthrown by multiple others having a different opinion, that just shows you how hard it is to set a single rule to fit all cases.

I prefer to private message you on this matter than to risk being banned from Forum for speaking negatively of Bytro, I already have 4 points against me for a post a year ago DrLepreachuan issued that ban... trust me , I was part of map in which one of my guys was banned, unbanned by Ki-Ros and later banned again by different Bytro Team member on an Account Pushing ruling (for unfair trades of resources / provinces within his own coalition). Never have gotten straight answer on this incident, anyhow prefer to pursue topic in private message as I have been down this road before and I will likely get banned for speaking here.

There are criteria, we do obviously not grant everyone who kindly asks admin rights or the role of GO.

GO's are instructed to follow guidelines but in the end should also use their own judgement as veteran players to make a call.

In the case above Ki-Ros is indeed a paid employee so I can guarantee there is no benefit for him in removing people from a map for his own benefit, as he will not be present in that game round with a personal account.

I would ask that community is given more clarity on this Account Pushing rule, I feel it is vague in comparison to many other rules S1914 has in place, relying upon volunteer discretionary enforcement is great if enforcement is consistent, however I have witnessed myself several times inconsistent enforcement of this particular rule.

I agree with Slyx and have complete faith in Ki-Ros ruling having zero personal benefit, after all he has only played one match according to his service record... which would be direct contradiction to his being an experienced veteran player in this S1914 game. In addition there is a history which I have witnessed that Ki-Ros rulings for account Pushing were over ruled by other Paid employees. So I am generally skeptical of Ki-Ros rulings, experience and judgement.