Posts by George Kreton

The issues which you have mentioned are really severe and I can understand you very well Lerayu. I have played this game before on another profile and I can tell you from my experience that it was the most toughest time for me, because the strategies on which I worked on the daily basis resulted in a complete trash in-front of my enemies, who were pathetically weak at the start but cheated their way out by spending GOLDMARKS. Being frustrated, I wrote thousands of messages to BYTE to solve this issue, but their answer was always the same..."If you have any more questions then feel free to ask."

But after learning from all the mistakes I made in my first profile, I have finally understood the solution of this problem.

As Sun Tzu famously said: "Attack the weak and avoid the strong and you'll be victorious in more than a hundred battles."

Your current situation is exactly the opposite of this quote. You have to understand that there are some key-players which controls the flow of events in a specific round. Players who can bend the foreign relations to their will just in blink of an eye by spending GOLDMARKS. So instead of attacking key-players, why don't you keep yourself out of the mess? and focus on economic growth.

Yes, this was the mistake which I did as a beginner, but later I realized that waging wars with everyone like a madman just to get the pleasure of seeing a large empire of my own is nothing but a totally stupid and irrational idea. So in my second profile, I adopted more of a neutral approach towards international affairs with taking economic and security interests into consideration. I kept my self away from bloody proxy wars and immediately established diplomatic trade relations with strong players, especially with those who had excessive amount of GOLDMARKS. and when it comes to territories I only attacked and conquered those players who were weak or those who were controlled by AI. And when the question was about my security concerns, then I used spies to gather information on those who I saw as a threat(including strong players), performed economic sabotage on those who were dominating me in economic competition and spoiled the military buildings of those who were my open enemies.

In simple words my foreign policy was to make less enemies and more friends, and my domestic policy was to put all of my focus on the economic progress by investing in the stock market, balancing the budget, improving the infrastructure, arming my soldiers with the latest equipment and by taking edge in the foreign trade.

If you will follow my philosophy then believe me that you'll be the ultimate winner. Because by staying out of troubles, you'll not only be giving yourself more time to focus on your national interests, but your silence and diplomatic moves will keep the strong players busy on the battleground, in the meanwhile you'll be flourishing.

Edit:-

Tip: The reason why your enemies were able to understand your strategies was because they stole your private messages by placing spies into your states. They were always keeping an eye on you from the day you joined battle round.