Posts by Slyx

Hey there!

There is no option to create speedmaps yourself, but we hold events every weekend, where some of them have speed factors for different maps. Might be excellent timing to ask this questions, as this weeks event might be right up your alley, but don't tell anyone else ;)

Cheers

unit movement display bug issue happens when toggling to any sub sequential map from the initial session log-in / map. Same tab, or 2nd tab makes no difference .... log out of one map and log into different map, same issue no movement options display for unit > requiring a Refresh then settings clicks to engage Low Graphics display + gold confirmation + silencing music/ sound effects ... This is very annoying

https://cdn.discordapp.com/att…7290664402944/unknown.png

Thanks for reporting it, we'll look into it asap.

1632834838_news_images_22561.jpg

General:

• The popup inviting players to a new game round, once a match has ended, was tweaked to show popular game rounds that are more relevant to players.
    • Front reports are now visible for 48 hours, no matter how many reports are waiting for you. Before this change, only a maximum of 20 reports were listed, which can be a disadvantage if a lot happened while you were not available and you need to follow up on.
    • The Account Settings section on mobile devices has been reorganized into several dropdown sections, creating an easier to use and neatly looking menu.

Bug fixes:

• A bug with the Opera browser was fixed, that prevented the lasso tool that allows you to select several units on the map at once from working when holding the right mouse button.
    • A bug was fixed that prevented the “Withdraw Application” button from being displayed on mobile devices when an application for membership in a coalition was issued.
    • A bug was fixed that caused the “Apply” button to be displayed in the coalition details, even if a player was already a member of another coalition. The button is only visible now, if a player is non in a coalition already and has no cooldown to join a new coalition.
    • When selecting multiple provinces, the construction interface displayed some entries in a suboptimal and sometimes unaligned way. This has been addressed and fixed.
    • Several bugs regarding missing connections, typos, flags, etc. were fixed on various maps in the game.

Being a veteran is a requirement for volunteers, for payed staff it has to be optional, or we'd never be able to fill open positions in Hamburg.

I honestly have to question your statement of there being a history of his rulings being overturned, as the overturn would have had to pass by either me or another colleague, both of which I can not recall. I'm not gonna die on the hill of "we'd never make mistakes", as everyone ist just a human in the end, but ultimately, if a ruling turns out to be overthrown by multiple others having a different opinion, that just shows you how hard it is to set a single rule to fit all cases.

Especially with account pushing, due to the dynamic of the game and human interaction it is nigh impossible to try and factor out individiual human judgement form cases, which is also not what we're trying to do.
    Think of actual civil court rulings. There is a reason why a judge makes the final call on the verdict instead of simply reading up the rulebook and doing whatever it says in there. It quite simply isn't this easy.

Day 12 factory requirement bug was annoying. I came back after one year not playing, and it confused me, The country next to started two days in advance with building factories. But I hope to catch op to his artillery count (12 vs 16).

It was indeed annoying and confused a lot of players. That bug must've snuck into the code when we adjusted another element in the UI with an earlier update. Sorry for that and best of luck for your current map!

There are criteria, we do obviously not grant everyone who kindly asks admin rights or the role of GO.

We also act on any case where an abuse of power is reported and confirmed (despite what a dedicated handful of players seem to think).

If you get removed from a match for account pushing, multi accounting etc, you will never get a detailed list of the exact line of argumentation as this would inflate the time it takes to work on support reqeusts by a multitude. GO's are instructed to follow guidelines but in the end should also use their own judgement as veteran players to make a call. This has proven to be a very reliable modus operandi on the grand scale and helps us to offer support for multiple languages within reasonable time.

Every case of rule infrignement involves a varienty of checks which I can not disclose in detail to not give potential rule benders hints at how to avoid some of these. You can be sure though that GO's will not have to ask you for your IP or similar things to confirm these.

In the case above Ki-Ros is indeed a paid employee so I can guarantee there is no benefit for him in removing people from a map for his own benefit, as he will not be present in that game round with a personal account.

Code
    1. Good afternoon, I have problems with the manufacturing schedule of units and buildings if I select more than 5 provinces, only the construction and manufacturing of units is scheduled in one of them, and also if any province has all four possible schedules occupied, they are not noted in the rest that if they have the possibility to do so. To be able to do this I must select the provinces that have the same level, for example if I want to raise the level of the fortresses I must choose all those that do not have, then all those that have level 1 and so on, before that was not necessary, they could try to fix it, Thank you

This should be fixed with yesterdays update!

There is unfortunately no difference in cost or workload for a new language to be added in regards to whether it goes to beta first or live directly.

Should we reach a point where adding arabic would at least cover the cost of offering it, you can be sure we'd consider it. Right now this is not the case so there are no plans to do so anytime soon. I would like to tell you something more positive, but those are the facts right now.

1632834838_news_images_22561.jpg

General:

• The radial menu, which is used on mobile devices to select specific armies or provinces in a crowded area of the map, has been reworked. It was simplified in a convenient way that is aimed at making the selection of provinces easier.
    • When selecting the destination of a marching order for your armies, the expected travel time is now displayed after selecting a target destination already, before the official order is issued.
    • When issuing a Delayed March order to units, the displayed time of arrival while selecting the amount of delay is updated in real time.
    • Several loading screen messages have been translated and are now displayed for the respective language settings.
    • New Point-of-Interest indicators have been added to the game and the respective maps that feature these indicators. Map objectives are now more prominently highlighted on the map with a white star icon being added to the province name, which also does not fade out at medium to high zoom levels.

Bug fixes:

• A bug was fixed that resulted in buildings, which are only available after a certain amount of days has passed, to show the wrong amount of days required for construction. Factories, which are available on day 8, were shown to only unlock at day 12 for example, while their construction was nevertheless possible from day 8 onwards.
    • An issue was resolved that caused the defence bonuses applied by fortresses in a few specific provinces to not be displayed. Instead a “at sea” note was shown when inspecting units stationed in these provinces when a fortress was present.
    • A bug was fixed regarding the province list where issuing construction orders in multiple selected provinces at once would only result in the construction of a building in some of the selected provinces. When issuing the construction of higher level barracks in multiple provinces for example, the barracks will now all upgrade as long as the required resources are available.

There are currently no plans to translate S1914 into the arabic language again. It was not feasable and a lot more labour intensive to ensure arabic would not only be translated, but also fit with all the menus and popups in the game.

We're regularly looking at player numbers and where users come from in general so if there is the potential for an additional language to be added, we will definitely think about it at the very least.

As I said, right now there are no plans to do so for arabic however.

Hey there, provinces should and will revolt at a certain percentage and it is intended that they revolt to another nation that has provinces nearby. If you stationed so many troops in the province center, the chance should be incredibly low, or nonexistant though.

The easiest solution would be to just propose white peace and mark it off as a minor border friction if the other player is also agreeing to it.

I let QA know about the fire control issue so they can investigate. Any details you have on this matter is very welcome, as it could help to identify a potential bug here.

The scrolling problem in the stockmarket is known and should be fixed very soon.

Edit: We did a couple of tests with unit setups like you described but offensive fire control settings never resulted in neutral units being shot at after an enemy stack was destoryed, so any more details are important to find a bug. Also just to make sure, you didn't by any chance mix up offensive and agressive fire control ? The later will cause your units to also bombard neutral units within range.

How do I join if possible? And how do I bring friends?
    Would probably not play anything like this on regular basis, but once a year or two would be cool. :D

I'm afraid I'll have to tell you it's an internal event only. We have legendary parties at the company office when there isn't any covid around so we play an insane speed round with all colleagues in teams and decide who gets the bragging rights of having won the last company map for the forseeable future after that.

1631625350_news_images_19433.jpg

General:

• In case of a revolt taking place in a province previously controlled by a player, a frontline report will now be created informing said player about the revolt. The same applies in case of a foreign province revolting and joining a players nation.
    • In order to make navigation through all the different menus within the game easier on mobile devices, all tabs have been fitted with the respective names of the menus they’re leading towards instead of purely relying on the icon design.

Bug fixes:

• Several small issues have been fixed on multiple maps, including the correct adjustment of resource production, spelling errors and province names.
    • When going through the player list on mobile devices the nation and player names were not always perfectly aligned, which caused the overall look of the menu to look off. This has been fixed.
    • A bug was fixed that caused the detailed report about armies, which have been revealed via espionage to not always display the terrain the respective army was situated on, which affects the displayed combat values.
    • The publisher of the ingame newspaper decided to rebrand the current version of the newspaper. Instead of the World Herald, players will now receive daily iterations of the Daily European.

Just in case it is of interest to the players who'd like to see insane speed maps on public servers: we play 100x rounds on christmas and other special occasions on our testservers. While it is quite fun (especially if you have a cold beer while playing with your colleagues) it is also quite literally insane. At 100x not only does combat between large stacks resolve in minutes, you also quite literally can't go afk, ever. If you join 3mins late, the market in the early game is completely drained. You also quite literally need more than one person playing the same account to properly move your troops at that speed.

It is fun because of how wild it is, but it is no way suited as a serious game mode.

It's a visual bug that was most likely caused by a change to the building restrictions. You should still be able to build them on day 8 regardless of the wrongfully displayed day 12.

This will also likely be fixed with tomorrows update.

Would you kindly try the ultimate client again later today on your active maps and check if it still causes you trouble ? There was an issue in s1914 after the last update that caused some players to experience unusually strong stutters and lags but this should get fixed with an update today.

Super speed maps with 20x or more are a real problem to run. The game is designed to run at a certain speed and while it can be increased, at some point it's starting to struggle with refreshes, battle ticks etc so we can't just turn it up indefinitely.

The sweetspot for most people who prefer faster maps while still keeping the dynamic of the game is around x4.

Tendré que responder con el traductor de Google, ya que no hablo español con fluidez, espero que no te importe.

En el caso de que describiste que cada miembro de la coalición (que ganó el mapa) obtendría 5000 marcos de oro, entonces el mejor jugador en solitario obtendría 3600 marcos de oro y el segundo mejor jugador en solitario obtendría 2400 marcos de oro.

La clasificación depende únicamente del progreso relativo de la victoria y todos se miden de acuerdo con eso, independientemente de si se trata de una coalición o un jugador en solitario.

Espero haber podido responder a sus preguntas y saludos cordiales,

Slyx

1628077824_news_images_19196.jpg

General:

• A discord button was added to the already existing social media buttons in the main menu. Clicking on it will redirect you to the official Supremacy 1914 Discord Server. Furthermore we added all social media buttons, including Discord, to the “Community” tab in the “More” menu on mobile devices.
    • We’ve added the option to deselect units by simply hitting the ESC key. Certain pop-ups within the game can also be closed this way.
    • When changing any of the map filter options, these changes would not always be saved after the game was closed and reopened again. This has now been fixed so map filters will be saved and applied correctly after closing and reopening a map.

Bug fixes:

• On mobile devices the victory progress tab wrongfully displayed the AI for human players, despite them still being active. This has been fixed so the right icons are shown at all times.
    • A bug was fixed which affected the functionality of the “last selected unit”-icon and caused an error exception to pop up in case the last selected unit stack was split into multiple units.
    • Several bugs on various maps have been fixed, including but not limited to spelling mistakes, incorrect flags, and road connections.
    • After creating a resource offer on the stock market and switching to another map, the stock market would only allow the creation of offers for that specific resource unless the game was reloaded, as the respective icon could not be switched This has been fixed, so the stock market allows the creation of all offers regardless of already posted ones.
    • A rare bug was fixed that resulted in aircraft teleporting across the globe in case their flight path crossed a very specific line of the world map, located in the north and south pacific.
    • An issue with the construction queue was fixed that hid the option to queue additional building levels of an already queued building, in case units were also added to the list.
    • A rare bug was fixed that could cause the top ranked solo player on a map to be declared the winner and earn the respective rewards after a coalition gathered the required victory points to win at daychange.