Posts by Slyx

1623150095_news_images_18914.jpg

General:

• The province list was improved according to player feedback.
      • The province list now remembers its adjusted position and size when the game is closed and reopened again.
      • The province list can now be moved to the right edge of the screen, where it is displayed in front of any other element.
      • Listings of the same building type are now displayed underneath each other in the same column.
      • Sorting buttons have been added at the top of the building list.
      • The morale is now also displayed as a percentage number below the moral bar.
      • Icons for the morale trend and revolt chance were added to the morale column of the province list.
      • The map region filter was added to the list again, allowing you to only show provinces of a certain region.
      • Active rally point icons are displayed if a rally point is set.
      • Double resource icons are displayed in the province list again.
      • The performance of the list has been improved when a larger number of provinces are displayed, resulting in considerably less lag while opened.
    • When zooming out on the map, the army labels will now shrink to a considerably smaller size before switching to their minimalistic version on the lowest zoom levels. The general position of the label in relation to the 3D unit models has also been moved slightly
    • The color of player held provinces has been adjusted to a brighter green tone in order to make it stand out more against territory controlled by allies and other players.
    • Upon opening your first rewarded ad after the update, a popup will open, asking you if you’d like to be shown personalized advertisement videos. You will be able to use the Free Gold for Ads feature regardless of your decision, but the displayed advertisements can be adjusted to show content that might be of more interest to you. The popup will not open again after a decision has been made.

Bug fixes:

• An issue on Android devices was resolved that caused the keyboard to overlay certain areas of the app making it hard to create offers on the Stock Market, write diplomatic messages, or participate in chat.

GB, I got it, you don't like the changes. It was stated multiple times that we will make changes to unit display and also the province list, as it lost some functionality. You don't need to write 4 posts a day stating how the game is unplayable, you can't do anything and the world is going to end. I relayed user feedback regarding improved overview and the province list already and it will be improved over time. Performance was hotfixed already and we'll make some changes to the province list in the next update. You'll be able to filter for buldings, have them display in some order again and it will also rememver the size and place you dragged it to. Further changes probalby comming in the future.

This thread was also purely about legacy and not the province list.

In case you want to provide meaningful feedback please do so in the release notes for that update.

The post above mine, is the post of a player I quoted.

There he explicitly reacted to the topic, as you can also read.

Therefore, I do not understand the sense why his post was deleted....

There are no insults, or the like.

He has only raised the issue, which are true.

I'm sorry but would it be possible that you're mixing something up here ? You quoted that post from another thread and it wasn't deleted there either. I'm a bit lost here in regards to why you think it was removed. We'd certainly not delete a valid post by a user on the basis that it crizises recent changes, as seen in this thread.

Like I said, I'll try to get back to you with any info as to why this might be happening. Best case its fixable without much trouble. If it doesn't work for some reason I'll award you the medal manually. I think it's fair to assume you managed to kill more than 1k units with arty over the years. :/

I'll do my best to find out if there is any precondition or specific requirement that isn't obvious.

It's not possible to dedicate a GO to work on statistics as this is a thing a developer will have to work on. As far as I know there might be some bigger changes coming to how statistics work so they are updated more frequently but this has low priority right now.

1. I removed a post because it wasn't contributing to the discussion in any way and while I'm a big advocate of allowing everyone to express himself, especially about a topic he's emotionally invested in, at some point a line is crossed. I'm not sure if we're talking about the same post, though.
    2. It's part of my job to keep things civil around here so I remove posts that are off topic and or offending.
    3. You can't find deleted posts anymore. I'm pretty sure you're quoting another user with all but the last paragraph of your first post and I agree. When I read it a while ago I included it in the feedback I relayed to the rest of the company.

Hello,

Revamp is liar to new ppl. Here good example he think I am his ally even we are enemys. Austria removed all his soldier from my border think we are same team....
    If check second pic you can see green and if check first one from diplomacy we are enemy teams. Confussing for new player. Make clear visible for all if dont want to lose more ppl.

You're at peace with the player in both of these pictures. Are you refering to you being in different coalitions ? A coa filter would be nice to have in this case, completely agree.

Incorrect for mobile, haven't tested on pc. You *can* turn off all models in the settings, which is not helpful. You can turn off the labels for specific units in the filter, which leaves the models blocking the view.

If we could filter out the models and labels of certain units, that would be excellent, better yet if settings/filter allowed the removal of models without removing the labels.

You're right, I articulated myself incorrectly in this case. You can not (yet) turn off the models, but the labels. You can do this individually for every unit type however. As stated multiple times before in this thread, we're looking into options to turn off the 3d models and only show labels, or at least make smaller 3d models an option. I can't give any details on this or give you a concrete release date, as it is not ready yet.

@ slyx

Really? 2. Time you deleted my comment!

Please let me know why?!

Sorry but are you sure your comments were deleted (by me) ? I removed 1 comment in this thread over a week ago and it wasn't yours.

First and foremost: the performance issues related to using the province list will be hotfixed asap (today if nothing unexpected happens).
    Further adjustments that have been listed by freezy, including building filters amonst others, will be released with one of the coming updates. Double res icons will of course also be reimplemented as they weren't ment to be removed in the first place.

For those of you wondering and being a little upset as to why we're releasing improved frontline reports and the resizable province list now, when we asked for your feedback in regards to legacy removal beforehand, let me give you some insight into how all of this works on a company level.

While we're very happy to receive a lot of feedback now after the removal of legacy, we can't keep our schedules and plans open in hopes of receiving concrete ideas for adjustments, so we can work on those immediately. We also can't just release fixes as soon as they're done as they need to be reviewed and tested. What this means in the case of legacy feedback related fixes is that first we need to collect feedback. Things that come up in high frequency very quickly can be taskified within days if we come to the conclusion that we definitely want to make adjustments. In this case smaller 3d models, smaller labels or map filters to remove 3d models were very quickly agreed on.
    Once we agree that this should be adjusted, we agree on a concrete solution so your developers don't just "make 3d models smaller" but define how small etc. Same goes for everything else. While it's easy to come to the conclusion that something needs adjusting, a bit more detail is required for adjustments that affect every player in the game.
    Once a task is completed and a fix is in place, we can't just release this whenever but need to test it. Hence we post patch notes on a bi-weekly basis and not at random.

The things that got released this week have been worked on by the time the legacy removal update went live which is why they were released now instead of super quick adjustments based on legacy feedback.

We've collected you feedback and I've also stated in other threads that we will make adjustements, as they have already been agreed on but we cannot drop everything to work on these as we're following a schedule to keep everything running as best we can.

As a player I can only asure you once again that I understand your points of view and feel the frustration when feedback doesn't result in immediate change.
    As an employee I also see the broader picture however and can therefore asure you that everyone is trying to make things happen, but is at some point is limited by time, ressources and urgency.
    The province list caused performace issues, therefore it will be hotfixed asap, as it really impacts the game in a negative way. Other adjustemens will likely be made with the next update(s).

As for a tactical army display, please keep in mind that we can't just furiously tap on our keyboards and magically make code appear that works right away and represents the image of tactical army labels we have in our heads, but we have to work out all the details, code them and test them. This requires the game designers to come up with the best solution for the labels, the art team to design the visuals, the developers to code it, quality assurance to test it. Only then can we release new content. It takes time and we already have stuff on our plates.

We want to improve the standard client whenever possible and legacy feedback provided us with contrete ideas as to what can be done. At this point I can not do much but remind you once again that the process of transforming an idea into releasable content isn't necessarly very quick and we stark working on tasks that are released weeks or months before they go live. Legacy related improvements are no exception.

Tl:dr: province list performance hotfix comming today hopefully, everything else most likely next update. Legacy related improvements have been agreed on but need time to be worked on and implemented.

where can I find button to turn off models completely? i cannot work with that graphic

You can turn off all models and labels in the map filter menu. Quite frankly, if you read through and followed the thread it was mentioned multiple times that we're working on an option to disable 3d models or at least reduce their size but this hasn't been released yet. It will definitely be mentioned in the release notes once it does go live.

Not to press on you, but: Can you already tell us how long will all those updates take? By July or later?

Asuming you're refering to the changes related to legacy feedback: we're hoping to get most adjustments done by early july. Some might be released earlier if they're ready but I can't really give a more concrete estimation than that as there are a lot a variables involved.

For any kind of feedback regarding the 2021-05-26 update (province list, frontline reports, etc) please post it in the release notes thread for that update. It is not relevant to the topic of this thread which is the removal of legacy.

The way our release schedule works is that we have to know what we'll be working on a couple weeks before so we can follow a plan. The content of the recent update was decided on weeks earlier, hence we also mentioned at multiple stages that we will need a bit of time to work on legacy feedback related adjustments.

Everything is tested at minimum 2 weeks before it is released. If you'd like to provide feedback early, just join the frontline pioneers and you'll have access to content before it is released for everyone. Also helps us tremendously with adjustments.

As mentioned earlier, we will reimplement the double ressource icons, they got lost along the way of the release and will also implement further adjustments to the province list.
    There is no simple "undo all da stuff" button for an update. It is possible but it involves not just some aspects of a feature but every bit of work we did in the last 2 weeks. It's quite frankly not done unless the game crashes on a large scale suddenly.

Code
    1. Another example, because I cannot place my troops within 1 minute of a border between provinces or a node on the map, because units jump and magically locate themselves in those nodes, when you move or divide leaving you at the mercy of your enemies, when a moment ago were you safe?

You can hold ctrl and move your troops around as this disables the auto snapping function.

Hello,
    This is my feedback on this update:

• Toggles on reports are super useful feature, especially on large maps where so much information is incoming.
    • As far as reports windows go, everything seems alright.

When it comes to the updated province list window:

• Resizable windows is a welcome feature, but it is probably a bug that when I refresh or log into other game all resizing resets.
    • One annoying thing is that when I need to sort by buildings, I always need to click on a button which only then provides possible selection. In precious version you only needed one click to sort everything out. Now it requires more time to do the same thing.
    • Another thing which frustrates me is that structures are no longer aligned in the same column. They all go as a sequence and it is very hard to compare different provinces. In previous versions it was very convenient.
    • One thing which could be added is ability to sort buildings from the lowest tier to the highest.

Other updates:

• Snapping feature should available as customizable setting. Because 30% increasement is super annoying when you want to disembark artilleries into island and not to attack province directly. Those 30% really decreases precision, but I guess it is more useful to mobile, because "thumb" is not an accurate device like a "mouse".

Feedback on previous update:

• Rounding up of available resources is not very convenient, when you try to buy exact amount of resources from the stock market to build a building. I always get myself into situations, where it says 1.5k, so I buy 500 iron for the fort and then I find you that exact amount is 1979, so then I need again to buy iron. It is very annoying and uses a lot of time.

That's it for now,
    Best regards

In regards to the province menu:

• we're already working on the window to remember the size set by players after a reload so this will definitely make it into the game soon.
    • a filter to select the buildings to all be in line is also again is also looked into and likely to be reimplemented.

The rounding of ressource amounts will almost certainly also be adjusted so you could at least enable, or disable it. Likely it'll only apply once large amounts of ressources are present in your stockpiles so you can see exact values when they're relevant.

I'll relay the rest of your feedback that I didn't adress already. Thanks for letting us know what you think about the changes.

As a makeshift solution until we can adress the 3d unit model size, we made it so the position idicators aka white dots will turn red when you hover over a unit. This way you should at least be able to clearly know where a unit is and distinguish its indicator from any of the others present in the same area.

1622029729_news_images_18846.jpg

General:

• Front Reports were reworked to increase their functionality.
      • Category toggles were added on top, allowing you to filter out certain types of reports such as warfare or diplomatic reports.
      • The layout was adjusted to be more consistent with headlines, sentence structure and icon usage throughout the game. The layout between desktop and mobile is more consistent now as well.
      • On the right side of each report the relevant location is displayed and can be clicked to jump to the position of the event or to open the respective panel.

• The province list was reworked on desktop.
      • The province list received a more polished look.
      • The list is now draggable and can be resized freely.
      • The province list can be displayed better on smaller resolutions now.
      • The build queue was altered accordingly and can also be dragged and resized like the province list.

• The positioning dot of an army will be highlighted now when hovering or selecting an army. This change makes it easier to find an army's location in crowded areas.The positioning dot is white by default and turns red when the army is selected or hovered over.
    • The snapping radius to province centers was increased by approx 30% when giving unit commands, to reduce the amount of inaccurate commands.
    • When you receive a reward from watching an ad, you do not receive any email notification about it anymore. This change was made to avoid cluttering your email inbox with several emails per day. You still receive emails for other rewards you receive though.

Bug Fixes:

• A bug was fixed that prevented the ambient battle sounds to be played when zooming in to an ongoing battle on the map.
    • An issue on desktop was resolved that prevented the lasso tool, which allows for the selection of multiple units at once, to select all armies within the marked area of the map.

One of the main reasons why this system isn't implemented on desktop at the same time is that the infrastructure for it is way better on mobile.
    It's also quite reasonable to assume that pretty much everone owns a mobile device in 2021 so you can just install the app only to watch the ads in case you feel it's unfair. The app is about 35mb so it doesn't take up much space at all and you can exclusively play on desktop apart from that until (and if) rewarded ads are implemented on desktop.