Posts by Furry1

Bonjour,

Les nouvelles mises à jours sont mauvaises pour le jeu, vous êtes clairement en train de détruire la communauté de joueurs fidéles qui jouaient et qui étaient investit dans le jeu. Notamment avec la suppression du hit and run , et ce pour favoriser les personnes mettant de l'argent dans le jeu, car après tout, c'est tout ce qui importe, difficile de lutter contre les mass gmeur à présent. Il existe toujours des techniques viables mais je suppose qu'elles seront suprimées elles également par la suite. Juste pour vous dire que tout ceci est une honte, et que globalement la communauté trouve cela abbérant. Si votre objectif est de faire de supremacy un jeu ou celui qui a la plus grosse ... gagne à tout les coups, vous allez perdre votre communauté active de vrai joueurs investit.

Bien cordialement

To sum that up in a nutshell for you. He is saying that the new updates are ruining the game for people who don't spend GM or want to buy GM to play the game. Particularly with the removal of HnR or Shoot and Scoot you don't leave anyone tools with which they've enjoyed and may be able to beat someone who spends lots. He says you're turning the game into "Who has the biggest...."....(I'm assuming wallet) wins and you're destroying the community of REAL players in the game.

Actually HNR is not a big issue because you can use a sacrificial stack of inf to attract fire and then move in, fire on the stack and pull back out again, it's just a matter of working with the 1 hour hit rate. There is also another method which I shall refrain from discussing on here. Anyway, continued good gaming everyone.

Gentlemen and ladies, I suggest that the inquiry by the OP has been answered and I don't think discussion about multi accounts can be fruitful for anyone here. ESPECIALLY discussions about potential ways to get around the anti-cheat. Jus' sayin'.

Your only recourse is to speak with whomever banned you. Discussion of ANY bans in the forum or in the global chat is strictly forbidden. I suggest you take it up privately with the GO who implemented the ban.

To whomever it was that made the decision to bring back Legacy, you have my heartfelt thanks. Also, IF the new UI can become as easy to work with as Legacy, yes, I will definitely switch over but for the time being, I shall thoroughly enjoy Legacy while I can.

Okay, I swore the last post was going to be my final word but it's kind of like playing the lottery -- you buy ONE more ticket in the vain hope that IT is going to be the winner.

I could easily turn this post into a list of complaints but that would not help anyone. I'm going to specify some things with the new UI and potential FIXES - drawing on my own experience developing Graphics and User Interfaces and Controls.

Let's start with the first one. The REALLY pretty 3D graphics for everything. Okay, let's keep them BUT only have them active when you're zoomed all the way IN. This way, when you're zoomed out, you can run with Tactical Army Displays aka Legacy look. Let's also work with those graphics so we don't have Battleships the size of Sicily, if they only show full size when zoomed right in, we should be able to eliminate such things.

Secondly, we now have pretty moving water BUT we sacrifice the little dots that used to let us know the shipping routes. AGAIN, work with the zoom so that moving water can happen in full zoom mode AND/OR be disabled completely so the POINTS can move to the FRONT of the layer.

The ability to work with the Administrative Menu is paramount and needs to be addressed immediately. ESPECIALLY in the 100 and 500 games, you simply will not be able to play without devoting an additional 6 to 8 hours of time JUST to make sure all your cities are doing what you want them to do. Seriously, take a look at the old Legacy version of the Menu and make it work and look like that. This is one are where Function over Form is paramount.

This next suggestion may hurt a little but I'm going to make it anyway. It seems to me that people keep coming forward and saying they want suggestions from us on how to improve things and we need to have patience. WE (the customers) keep making suggestions and even submitting bug reports but it APPEARS to us that it's akin to shouting during a hurricane, NOBODY can hear us or is listening because instead of getting things we ASK for, we get things that NOBODY asks for. Now before you jump down my throat, I'm going to tell you a phrase that I have LIVED with for my entire life. Perception IS Reality.

I'm still around in the hope things are going to get better but that little hope is getting smaller by the day.

Okay, I feel we're beating a dead horse and further discussion on how to change things to "allow" us to be able to play the game so we can still enjoy it will prove to be fruitless.

This will probably be my final post because I'm going to hang around for another couple of weeks and if nothing has changed, I will be deleting my account.

In any case, I am very serious when I say that this strongly resembles what happened to Coca-Cola back in 1985. It's something I have a very intimate knowledge of because my company worked with Coca-Cola Canada and we got to learn firsthand what transpired with an event that has been called "The greatest marketing blunder" AND "The greatest marketing coup" in history.

In 1984/85 Coke was losing market share to Pepsi and somebody decided that the best way to take back that share was to make some adjustments to their formula so it would taste MORE like Pepsi. In April 1985, Coca-Cola introduced a new formula for its Coke soda, known informally as New Coke. It was renamed Coke II in 1992, and was discontinued in July 2002.

Now what transpired during that time was a revolution. SOME Pepsi drinkers switched to the new coke but many hard core Coke drinkers left the brand completely and some even switched to Pepsi. Pepsi was even making moves to bring out their OWN version of the original Coke which they were going to call Savannah Cola.

Coke scrambled and were making minor adjustments to their beverage to try to get customers back but nothing worked UNTIL they launched Coke Classic which was of course, the ORIGINAL formula. Suddenly, market share blossomed because loyal coke drinkers returned, the ones that switched for the new brand stuck around and Pepsi even dropped their plans for their new cola.

Now, I'm not saying that Bytro is going to do something similar but I do suggest the leadership in Bytro examine that story very closely because if a company as large as Coca-Cola can admit they made a mistake, it's something to think about.

"Have a Coke and a Smile". ----- There was a reason that slogan NEVER got released in Canada by the way.

*Please note, no horses were harmed or injured in the creation of this post.

Ladies and gentlemen of Bytro,

I believe you are facing a decision here similar to the decision Coca-Cola faced in 1985 when they changed the formula for their product. If you're not aware of what happened back then I strongly recommend that you do a little research and discover what transpired before it's too late.

All of us that are saying we are not happy with your decision regarding Legacy are NOT just being a bunch of petulant children that are acting up because mommy doesn't want to give us some candy. We're your customers, your friends, and even your cheerleaders at times so please stop treating us as though we're something else.

This all boils down to a simple question, "Is this the hill you want to die on?" If you can't understand that saying, let me translate it for you a little. In other words, are you so absolutely sure that your decision is the right one that you would be willing to sacrifice your very own life rather than change it?

You say give you some time to change things and make it better but we've already given you almost 3 years and very little has happened in that time. As a further suggestion, I would say give us a timeframe and schedule of when things will take place. Something similar to the old MS Project with hard projections and goals that we can see. IF you cannot do this, I also suggest that you return Legacy mode until you can establish a Project guideline and then begin implementing it. IF you require any assistance with how to deal with Project Development, please contact me. I've been a Project Lead on many things over the decades.

It's interesting that there's a common theme running through all the comments about the loss of legacy. It's a theme that is coming from YOUR customers and because we're ALL your customers perhaps you should listen to the main complaint.

The theme is simple. Everyone is calmly explaining to you that they play games for relaxation and enjoyment. If they have to FIGHT with a game in order to find that enjoyment, they are going to move on and find some other game that they do NOT have to fight with and one which they're not working as unpaid labour where they're constantly testing and reporting their findings to a company which may or may not actually do something about the problems.

There's a couple of things that aren't making a whole lot of sense to me.

Firstly, since there's only 5% of the people who preferred Legacy mode why are you "seemingly" so interested in trying to help us in trying to get the new UI working so WE will be happy? Technically with all of the "suggestions" that many of us have made, you're going to be spending a fortune in coding and development just to satisfy a very MINOR portion of your player base.

Secondly, this is NOT the first time you've seen players making suggestions on how to improve the new UI and it's honestly sounding like you've done very little in the more than 2 years you've had to adjust and play with it. What are you going to do NOW in order to convince us that things are going to change QUICKLY?

First thing you should do is take a strong, HARD look at the overall interface from a user friendly point of view. To be honest, it is NOT User-Friendly in any way and frankly, it's the type of thing I refer to as User-Hostile. ALL software and programs or APPS as they call them now need to be examined on the basis of whether or not they're intuitive. I personally have thrown software out based on how intuitive it is or is not.