Posts by Furry1

Your only recourse is to speak to whoever it was that banned you PRIVATELY.

I also suspect that this thread will be removed because discussions about Bans is not tolerated and is part of TOS.

Legacy mode took the same amount of resources as the main U.I, and only 5% of players used it. It improves the game by putting resources in other things to make supremacy greater, faster.

Okay, just to ensure we don't turn this into a flaming thread, I'm going to put my two cents in here and leave it at that.

Firstly, let's drop the "only a very small portion of the players use Legacy mode" because we've already stated the reasons the number is so low.

I personally have a background in both Corporate Communications AND additionally in Computer Graphics with a specialization in Usability Issues. My time in those fields go back to 1982. In that time, I have worked with IBM, Microsoft, Novell, Corel, ATI Technologies, Dell and others mostly in a consultant role.

Now firstly, there is no such thing as an "expiry" date on software, I know several clients that are still working with versions of Lotus 1-2-3 on their computers and they're quite happy with them. Secondly, saying that the SAME resources are required to support Legacy as are required for the new UI is.....let's just say....stretching the truth. I know of one company that produces a niche product for a printing house client of mine and although they've updated and changed their product over the years, they STILL support the much older version and it ONLY requires time and expertise from one Software Engineer out of the 40 they have on staff.

Finally, the reason you are pushing the new UI is because you're trying to make it cross platform and you're encountering many difficulties in doing so and with eliminating Legacy you're trying to force the issue by having people become a Beta group for you to tell you what's wrong and offer suggestions on how to improve things that you haven't thought about. I would suggest other methods to accomplish this better but I suspect you have no intention of changing the direction you've chosen.

...The main reason for the removal is that Legacy it is outdated and only used by a fraction of the player base...

The reason it is or was used by only a fraction of the player base is BECAUSE when the new UI was launched any new players who joined the game did NOT have the choice to use Legacy mode. In any case, it's over now and yes, the question is WHEN will HC be refunded and what about recent purchases of GM?

Actually if you're alluding to Imperator Trajan of Rome, you spelled it wrong. Look up Trajan's Column in Rome, it's still standing the last time I visited there.

Basically, what Hastings said. Legacy mode is what it is and we can expect no support from Bytro on anything that's happening in that mode EVEN if it is also happening in the new UI mode as well. However, even WITH the bugs, I still not only prefer Legacy mode, it's a dealbreaker for me if it disappears.

Actually, technically, it's not a time line like the international date line. What it is, in fact is the STITCH line where developers stitched the map together graphically to form a map larger than could be used graphically on the system or displays that they were initially developed on. We had to do this many times for various images especially if stretched out over a screen that was 1:3 aspect ratio.

I'm still a little on the fence about it but I would surely be interested in testing out a different implementation of the railway. Generally I'm always in favor of keeping things as simple as possible in this game because that's a main part of its appeal and I think the modifier instead of equalized speeds serves that purpose. But who knows. Improving a system like that and testing it out is what creative developers and beta testers exist for, right. Dot, dot, dot...

LR, I think you've forgotten that Bytro has a ton of Beta testers. We all go into action the moment a new update is announced. :( In fact, I now know what a lab rat feels like.