Posts by Up0neLevel

1) Each nation should have differing colors and/or clearly define borders.

2) The management bar should be on the bottom of the screen.

3) There should also be a way to disable the 3D unit sprites, as well as the cluttering unit markers when zoomed out. They take up way too much room on the map, and at a glance it's hard to get a reading on where the unit actually is in relation to its sprite/icon.

1.) you can set that in map controls > show nation colors,
    3.) i think they are workingo n the 3d models

2.) i think the management buttons would differ from person to person with whatever they prefer it to be placed

Ic3, nothing in life is apples to apples for a comparison, not even apples.
    The point I try to make, is that the game remains. Graphics, controls and features change as the player base changes to support their expectations because things in life and technology advance or digress.
    I played 'PONG' when it was first introduced. I would not waste the time now to do so, but back in the day, it was amazing.
    My expectations have changed drastically from those early days, and simple is not always best, especially when compared to the success of the CoW franchise. You build on success at the expense of established norms at times.
    This is one of those times. Legacy, like Java, will be a memory that will rival my recollections of "PONG' as time marches on.

Fun in it's time. But that time has passed.

kinda like tetris

that banner mode sounds like a good improvement in the current low graphics mode :)

Without the legacy mode, the game is unplayable, I don't see any improvements in the new mode worth the problems it has. Abandon the new version, and bring back the legacy version, try again on improvements. I'll have to abandon this game without the legacy mode.

do you have any suggestions that would make the new ui playable for you?

regarding your 2nd point, the new ui has been coming for a long time now and it should have given every player the time to have adjusted, when i heard the news that legacy will be gone, i was as sad as you, but i gave the new ui a shot, i played a couple of maps, promising myself not to touch legacy mode, if i did not like it i will quit. soon enough i adapted and when i look at legacy mode now, i cant understand how i used to play . yes, it has its own bugs and nuances, but it was never too much that it made me want to not play.

one of my most serious concerns, which were the concern of alot of others too, was the irritating water animation, bytro listened and they released the low graphics mode which eliminated alot of the clunk and animations. which fixed a lot of problems for me.

i hope everyone gives the new ui a chance first before deciding to quit. i did and i'm pretty happy.

if you are still unsatisfied, please tell us how we can improve

Go back to legacy mode, the current one is confusing and doesn't make you want to play.

unfortunately i dont think this is an option anymore, i think it is better we give our input on how to improve the current ui and the low graphics mode it comes with. it has come along way from how it once was, please join us in improving it still by giving us constructive criticism on how we can make it better :)

it would be of much help to us in reading your feedback if it was in english :) thanks