Posts by TheeGreenBean

I was just about to post about the same problem. I'm on a 500 map, and for the most part, I don't have lag when I'm just issuing general orders, but when I go to the chat function, it takes like 30 seconds just to open up, then to switch to a chat, and then during typing the msg it'll also lag, sometimes it'll tell me that the page is unresponsive, and I'll wait for it to load. And then when I'm done with the chat the rest of the game is very laggy, just moving around the map has like maybe 10 fps where before there was basically no lag and I have to reload the tab so that it's back to normal. If I had to guess the game is trying to load all msgs when I only need to read the bottom ones (although this is just a guess), but it's very fustrating as sending one msg takes 2-3 minutes when it should only be a few seconds.

And my attack damage was around 17 iirc, and it takes like 3 ticks of battle to take out these units with a total of 7 hp. How does a stack with 17 attack damage only take out 2-4 units a tick when the enemy's hp is less than half of my attack damage. And even when I attack smaller units of 3-4 they still don't wipe them out despite only having 3 hp, which is 1/5 of my attack damage. These attack damage numbers are practically never reached, not even half of the attack damage is consistently achieved or I would've stack wiped multiple times.

Does anyone know why the RNG for this game is so wide? I'm playing in the early game of a 500 map and I have 30 infantry, 3 armoured cars and a cavalry unit attacking an unfortified 10 stack and for some reason I'm taking more damage. There are many more instances where this happen (some including in my favour, I once had a single unit on force march to conquer a unmanned province and 5 cruisers shot at it and it took 0 damage- I happened to look at the hp percentage before hand to see how good of a chance I had to survive the barrage). It feels very counterintuitive and frustrating more than anything else, and it personally seems unrealistic to me considering how WW1 had stalemates that lasted long amounts of times instead of one nation just lucking into advantages. Why doesn't the game use a system similar to CoW where damages are based off a range of the attack damage instead? Or something other than just random damage from 0 to your max attack damage.

So I've been trying to learn how to do the most damage, and I was thinking that if you have two 5 man stacks attacking a 10 stack, it'll be good as the 5 stacks will be using their full damage, but then I realized that this gives the 10 stack more chances to attack with their less efficient, but still higher numbers.

So basically using the spreadsheet of the damage efficiencies for different armies:

two 5 stack = 6.0 x 2 = 12

One 10 stack = 7.8 x 2 = 15.6.

So the 10 stack will actually be doing more damage. Does this mean stacking even with worse damage efficiency is actually better or am I missing something here?

Wait, so if you have an armoured car in your army it counts as having an extra fort? How does that work? To me the extra units that you can buy that cost super exorbitant amounts of money for like an extra 1.2 defense doesn't really seem worth it. Is it because since they're different units they don't count towards the same damage efficiency?

So I recently joined a 500, I got attacked by one player but managed to turn it around and was advancing into his territory, then I got attacked in my flank by another player. More than half my troops had died by then, and it wasn't possible to defend properly. Is there any way that you can defend against two players attacking you in the early game? I also joined around day 3, so my provinces weren't set up properly, but I don't really see how I could've defended well against two players in general. Even if I try to build forts, they get damaged pretty easily, and they're expensive so I wouldn't have been able to cover my entire front even if I was playing from day one. And if I build forts on select provinces they can just ignore it I feel.

Hi, I'm a new player from CoW, and I'm a bit confused on how damage efficiency works and stacking. I joined a 500 match and was just splitting my army to see at what point damage efficiency stopped being reduced. Which was at 5 unit stacks. Is this always the max size stack for the best damage efficiency or does it work differently in different scenarios and are there any more less known ways stacking works (i.e. in CoW, if you have 10 destroyers and 10 battleships in one stack (damage efficiency stops at 10 stack units), if you run into submarines, for the battle it'll use the stats of the 10 destroyers, but if you are in battle with regular ships, it'll use the stats of the 10 battleships). I tried searching up this information, but the few websites I looked at where very vague with the best ways to stack armies. Just that generally stacking armies made damage efficiency go down. Thanks for the help.