2016 single player tournament?

is there going to be one? and if so when? how do i enter?

Deleted User
    first question, no

Radler, do you know why there won't be a single player tournament? I remember the tournament from a few years ago, and it was pretty cool. I can't find any reason for them to stop the tournaments and I also think it adds something to the game.

Bytro don't care about Supremacy anymore. They are in control of 2 extra games since the last tourney (they got rid of ownership of 30K). They stretched their staff too far, both paid and volunteer, and stretched the community too far.

There aren't enough players of Supremacy to have a tournament, or petition Bytro to create a new tournament, and there aren't enough CoW players, or NWE players either.

Bytro was foolish to think that they would be able to create new communities from scratch just from advertising their new games, and then fall under the suzerainty of StillFront Games, their new bosses in order to share players. But players can't spend their times on multiple games forever. They find a favourite, after time, and keep with it. And sometimes it is Supremacy, and sometimes it is not. For me, it is not Supremacy, but it is not one of the other games either.

A second reason was that the tournament has never been under existence since html5 was introduced as the de facto UI. Now, I have no problem with html5, but methinks that Bytro are unable to create the same organisational code to create a tournament structure as before. Bytro have told us that the Volunteer staff should create a tournament. Which is never going to happen. There will never be a consensus between the languages over the rules of a tournament, and the enforcement and organisation will be difficult.

For a single player tournament, it needs high level staff members to add users to games without them having to a) be in the game themselves and b) wait for the players to have to join the games. I don't even know if MAs have this power, to fulfil criterion a. In addition, a complicated tournament structure would have to be designed to accept entries to the tournament without Bytro's support, and then organise all competitors into 3 10p matches, all of have only 21 days to be completed, and then the DE points for each competitor have to be totalled together by hand by the staff.

There isn't enough staff for this.

Also, money. The single player tournament makes a lot of money. Bytro are blind to this. They have forgotten this. The CMs of supremacy were not around during the tournament. The devs are devving NWE, and probably a new game that Bytro will roll out to sap money from new people just so that they can be top of the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Eureka
    But I gotta admit hes moving his armies well......
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone
    [Nephthys] is the god of 30k.

Deleted User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephthys View Post
    Bytro don't care about Supremacy anymore. They are in control of 2 extra games since the last tourney (they got rid of ownership of 30K). They stretched their staff too far, both paid and volunteer, and stretched the community too far.

There aren't enough players of Supremacy to have a tournament, or petition Bytro to create a new tournament, and there aren't enough CoW players, or NWE players either.

Bytro was foolish to think that they would be able to create new communities from scratch just from advertising their new games, and then fall under the suzerainty of StillFront Games, their new bosses in order to share players. But players can't spend their times on multiple games forever. They find a favourite, after time, and keep with it. And sometimes it is Supremacy, and sometimes it is not. For me, it is not Supremacy, but it is not one of the other games either.

A second reason was that the tournament has never been under existence since html5 was introduced as the de facto UI. Now, I have no problem with html5, but methinks that Bytro are unable to create the same organisational code to create a tournament structure as before. Bytro have told us that the Volunteer staff should create a tournament. Which is never going to happen. There will never be a consensus between the languages over the rules of a tournament, and the enforcement and organisation will be difficult.

For a single player tournament, it needs high level staff members to add users to games without them having to a) be in the game themselves and b) wait for the players to have to join the games. I don't even know if MAs have this power, to fulfil criterion a. In addition, a complicated tournament structure would have to be designed to accept entries to the tournament without Bytro's support, and then organise all competitors into 3 10p matches, all of have only 21 days to be completed, and then the DE points for each competitor have to be totalled together by hand by the staff.

There isn't enough staff for this.

Also, money. The single player tournament makes a lot of money. Bytro are blind to this. They have forgotten this. The CMs of supremacy were not around during the tournament. The devs are devving NWE, and probably a new game that Bytro will roll out to sap money from new people just so that they can be top of the rankings.
    perfect
    Last edited by R ADLER; 08-22-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Finally someone says something truly important, and that is according to some players, only the current members to mask and deny players.

Fantastic and copied to recall forgotten memories.

London. Formerly Bassingham - Lincolnshire - England - Britain - Earth - Etc
    where's the 2017 tourny?

To man with a hammer every problem is a nail.

War does not determine who is right, but only who is left.

When Hell is full, the dead will walk the Earth.

The objective of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bloody ******* die for his!

there wasn't any however we do have EnSeCo Check the find coplayers forum it restarts in september and is tj closest to a pvp tournament

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual.
    Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.
    Bored of inactive games? Join EnSeCo.

Narmer, Is this the EnSeCo Tournament? If not, does anyone knows when does this one starts as well?
    https://www.supremacy1914.com/index.php?id=179
    Last edited by I NIKAS; 07-31-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual.
    Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.
    Bored of inactive games? Join EnSeCo.

Thread Information