Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Goldmarks

Don't forge to over exaggerate the matters. If you've played for a long time you will have often played matches that did not have GM users, EnSeCo (see link in my signature) for example has a no gm usage allowed rule (and enforced by staff) ... so there are option to have GM free games, and games were a honor code to not use them is in place were many won't use it either

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual.
    Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.
    Bored of inactive games? Join EnSeCo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe_Tone View Post
    Several suggestions have been made regarding the limitation GM use, however, it is simply not going to happen. It is an integral game feature, and an important source of revenue for the parent company- this may seem painful to some, but it does avoid a monthly/weekly subscription to play the game, keeping the game free for the vast majority of the user-base.

With regards to the multi-accounting issue, while it is true that there is quite a large amount of them springing up at times, our Game Operators are hard at work in rooting them out.
    why not bring back the single player tournaments? S1914 circa five years ago didn't have the GM problems it has today because users were encouraged to hoard GM for a select few games. Now it's the opposite where you try to get everyone to use as much GM possible among all games. s1914 moved away from a successful model and now says "this is the way it has to be."

Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

"jackass is a reliable ally, and a worthy enemy. I've been lucky enough to see both sides."

-hanni

"You're an awesome friend, great personality, and fun to throw shit at lol."

-Hiai

@ jackass you actually read what I wrote? there are GM free games out there... also 'problem' in my 3 years I still need to meet more then 2 heavy GM users... offcourse the big maps will attract them just for the reason you mention... the big maps are the reason people hoard GM nowadays. And even if a single player tournament were to be introduced people would do that

Ofcourse this is pay to win with GMs. How can you say anything else.

Give me GMs and i shall win against anybody in this community.
    Just look at tournament games its the GM users that wins.

With enough GM nobody can beat you.
    There are two kind of thinkers in the world.
    The one that thinks before. And the one that thinks after.

Army.Gen.Nenne.
    Players League Member - Winner of Players League Game #1!

GRL players play fair.

Enough? I didn't use any GM and won a 500 player map. I have enough GM to counter any GM attack, but if you're really active, you don't need them. Of course, if a player decides to use 7 Mio GM you are quite out of the game round, but normally you can beat any GM usage by activity.

Quote Originally Posted by boris.de View Post
    Enough? I didn't use any GM and won a 500 player map. I have enough GM to counter any GM attack, but if you're really active, you don't need them. Of course, if a player decides to use 7 Mio GM you are quite out of the game round, but normally you can beat any GM usage by activity.
    Anybody can win a round without using GM. All you need is just a bit intelligence and some diplomacy skill. Well luck is in there too. And ofcourse if the others dont use GM too much.
    First you say that a player can counter a GM player only if you are active. and then you say that if a GM user just put in a lot you cant winn over him.
    Make your mind up please..

I wasnt talking about that u are talking about. I was saying that ofcourse GM is pay to win. Cause nobody can win over a GM user that realy goes in to win the match with the help of GM.

So just beacuse players win a match with out GM doesnt prove against GM= P2W.
    I have won matches too and i dont use GM. But i have also lost many matches against GM users.

With GM i can win over anybody in this soceity. That wont be any problem at all.
    Last edited by Nenne; 09-11-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Army.Gen.Nenne.

GRL players play fair.

It's always a question of the skills of the GM user. You can win against every simple GM user w/o using GM, but if you meet an user, who knows the game, having the chance to win the game w/o using GM - and this user uses a massive amount of GM, nobody would have a chance. P2W would mean 3 to 7 million GM for a 500 player map if there are only good players oin the map, 500.000 if the users aren't good. If there would be only active players also using some GM it would be very expensive to wein this map with only P2W (if the other user counter with 10% it could cost 50 million +).

The most annoying for me is, lets say- you fight with enemy's for months and then somebody just buy the victory.Fixing all with GM and so on. You cannot win somebody with experience and goldmarks. There is way, use more goldmarks then he do it, but then you just get indrawn into gm war.
    Tactics and tips a lot, BUT GM user got same tactics and tips + GM.
    I tried to be positive, but reality that its pay 2 win reminds me all the time. And yeah its not fun or smth to play this way.
    First time ever playing p2w game and last one. I am bit ashamed, got conjured up here
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by boris.de View Post
    It's always a question of the skills of the GM user. You can win against every simple GM user w/o using GM, but if you meet an user, who knows the game, having the chance to win the game w/o using GM - and this user uses a massive amount of GM, nobody would have a chance. P2W would mean 3 to 7 million GM for a 500 player map if there are only good players oin the map, 500.000 if the users aren't good. If there would be only active players also using some GM it would be very expensive to wein this map with only P2W (if the other user counter with 10% it could cost 50 million +).

Nobody ever said what the cost would be.
    Fact is and will always be with this moneybonus in game. GM IS pay to win. That fact cant be changed as long as it is annonced in this game the way it is.
    Last edited by Nenne; 09-24-2017 at 11:29 PM.

Army.Gen.Nenne.

GRL players play fair.

You also need to be realistic here. If you'd get no bonus at all... Would you even pay? It is normal that who pays gets an advantage.

But it's just like security. Security and user ability are 2 opposites. You need to try to find a point where there is enough security and enough user ability. Same counts for implementing paying features in a game.

Revenue and freeplay are 2 opposites, in order to remain a free and enjoyable game for most the revenue needs to be made by the few who actually pay. They wouldn't pay if they wouldn't receive an advantage. However what we state and that is a fact is that more is done with skills then with GM and offcourse if a skillfull user uses GM he'll get stronger. But so far the only GM users I've met in game were defeated by regular active and skillfull users. SO to proclaim it's a full pay to win, Meaning when you pay you can't lose against a non paying user anymore is quite far fledged.

For GM users it's the same as for the game How much is a victory worth. If they're going to spend a lot I will agree there is no way to stop a 15BB's armada on day 20. In comperesense to the security paying huge amount is a powerfull supercomputer doing a brute force attack. If the supercomputer is powerfull enough and given enough time he will get to your password. But the price it pays in both money and time decide if the attempt was truly a succes. If you break a encrypted message for WWII in 2008... Than I think we can all agree that is way to late...

And in that aspect I personally (not crew opinion) find that the GM prices are fair and not pay2win due to the excessive amount you'd need to use to truly win an entire game solely based on GM and not on skills. As if you're not active somebody is going to SnS your 15BB stack with just 3...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information