Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Goldmarks

Riddle me this...

Bytro have been asked a load of times to introduce a fee for a GM free game. They have not done it, why?

If there is a core of users who do not wish to use GM in game, then surely logic dictates that you get money from these people by charging them GM to have a GM free game?

In turn, surely this demographic, to save money, would buy HC so they could create/join these games for free?

With that being said, where do Bytro lose money, surely they only gain?

The people not using GM aren't using GM, so no loss there, the people using GM won't join these games as they probably wouldn't have the ability to compete without their GM, so they will continue to join GM games and continue to spend, so no loss there. BUT, the people not using GM suddenly have a reason to use it, or purchase HC... surely that's a gain for Bytro? An extra revenue stream?

Enquiring minds want to know

There had been a test run in the alliance league, you could buy GM-free game rounds - and less than 1% of the alliances used this feature
    Last edited by boris.de; 10-06-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craizy74 View Post
    Riddle me this...

Bytro have been asked a load of times to introduce a fee for a GM free game. They have not done it, why?

If there is a core of users who do not wish to use GM in game, then surely logic dictates that you get money from these people by charging them GM to have a GM free game?

In turn, surely this demographic, to save money, would buy HC so they could create/join these games for free?

With that being said, where do Bytro lose money, surely they only gain?

The people not using GM aren't using GM, so no loss there, the people using GM won't join these games as they probably wouldn't have the ability to compete without their GM, so they will continue to join GM games and continue to spend, so no loss there. BUT, the people not using GM suddenly have a reason to use it, or purchase HC... surely that's a gain for Bytro? An extra revenue stream?

Enquiring minds want to know
    A person who has never payed won't pay for that either. The Suggestion that came above was making supremacy a pay only game so you'd be forced to pay. That they'd introduce GM payed non GM games that I wouldn't be bothered with but if they say to even have your account you need to pay at least 5€/year then I'm out I'm a cheap person xd

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual.
    Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.
    Bored of inactive games? Join EnSeCo.

Quote Originally Posted by boris.de View Post
    There had been a test run in the alliance league, you could buy GM-free game rounds - and less than 1% of the alliances used this feature
    Not quite the same as creating a gold round and joining a GM free game.

That aside, they wanted 20K from each alliance and there was no fee relief for HC. Given that it was a team game, it should have been 5k per team, or at the very least a fee reduction for HC members.... or Bytro could have introduced an alliance HC membership... they didn't, instead they watered down the alliance experience and pretty much killed it on the EN server.

Quote Originally Posted by NarmerTheLion View Post
    A person who has never payed won't pay for that either. The Suggestion that came above was making supremacy a pay only game so you'd be forced to pay. That they'd introduce GM payed non GM games that I wouldn't be bothered with but if they say to even have your account you need to pay at least 5€/year then I'm out I'm a cheap person xd
    The op was more about pay to win and there have been various tangents throughout the posts.

I'm merely trying to highlight that Bytro does have other options.

Given that there is a core of players that wish GM free competition, and that the idea shouldn't impact GM'ers, where is the harm in introducing it?

It may even coax back the playerbase that left, which in turn would hopefully bring back alliance play and then in turn an improvement in player ability.

I imagine it would appeal to all the indy leagues that have been set up (encouraging an uplift in HC?).

But as for the idea of a monthly subscription, I agree, there is no need

Quote Originally Posted by Craizy74 View Post
    Given that there is a core of players that wish GM free competition, and that the idea shouldn't impact GM'ers, where is the harm in introducing it?
    There is EnSeCo for GM free competitition too (see link in my signature)

Yes, I think I may have played a game a while back, I don't remember as I quit the game about 6 months back, came back for a game, stayed about 2 months now... will probably quit again

While there may be an honour code in place, there is nothing preventing someone from using GM. PAL was the same, but I remember a player being banned from that for using GM

EnSeCo bans too for GM usage, It's a funded competition from within Bytro and the crew as you can win GM you have to abide to the rules

GM are part of the game, I get that. But I've only recently discovered that they can be used to destroy upgrades. I consider that fundamentally flawed. I like that they can be used to promote your own cause, but I'm spending my days replacing disappeared upgrades.

I sent fighters to attack some railguns... 5 minutes into the 40 minute journey, the airfield just disappeared and the fighters went missing for a few minutes. I then found them in another state, which was under attack from 100+ arty... they didn't make it. I say it just disappeared, but in fact it was GM'ed out of existence by a player who has been doing this to a range of players.

I've been playing for years, even won an occasional 500 player map. That's just bad form, and I don't think it should be allowed as a game functionality.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information