Cool Any guesses for what happened in the following engagement?

Here's the scenario:

550 bombers, divided up into squadrons of 20 each (plus two of 30 each), attack a fleet well off the coast.

Fleet is composed of 2142 infantry at morale of 82%, 1 balloon, 126 battleships, and 76 cruisers.

You tell me what the results of this conflict were, based on your understanding of the game mechanics. Post your guess of what the results were in the first run of the bombers, second run, etc.

Laoks, be quiet, don't give the game away! ;-)

i'd suggest you lost all your bombers, the number of cruisers (very good against aircraft), the battleships and the meat shield should protect perfectly. he may have lost 10% - 25% of the units max.

I'd guess Bombers lost but I don't usually do the math of the game you're sitting with 3 kinds of units stacked up so their limit is higher and they have a lot of infantry to back them up

inf = +/- 0.1
    Navy = 50*6/10 = 30
    Cruisers = 50*2/5 = 20

Your army:
    Bombers: 20*6 = 120

However assuming the other one is the defender he has the right to hit every and each one of your stacks with equal force meaning you get foughten against 50 vs 120 the hp of bombers is only 3 that of BB is 6. So a bomber can resist less damage, you'll start losing units your stacks drop size and at some point the turning point would be found where his infantry just has soaked up a lot of damage.

This is my suggestion but I for certain don't know the game mechanics enough. So let's wait to hear what real math people say xd as I've never ran any calculation xd

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual.
    Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.
    Bored of inactive games? Join EnSeCo.

((550 - (2 * 30)) / 20), where (2 * 30) = 60 ---> 24.5 x 20 ---> (24.5 x 20) + (2 x 30) [550]

B.ATD v. G:
    6((24.5 x 20) + (2 x 30)) = 3300, where:
    6(1 x 20) = 120
    6(1 x 30) = 180

B.STR:
    20 * 6 = 120 [Assuming STR. instead of HP. for approximate calc.]
    30 * 6 = 180 [Assuming STR. instead of HP. for approximate calc.]
    .............. * [Note: HP. = 60 | 90, because 3 * 20 = 60 & 3 * 30 = 90 and 3 is the base value.]

I.DEF v. A:
    40(0.1/3) = 1.33...
    [(40 Inf. * 0.12 * 0.277...)]

I.STR:
    2142 x 1.10032707 2356 | alt. | 2357 [Assuming STR. instead of HP. for approximate calc.]
    .................................................. ** [Note: HP. 1745, because 2142 inf. at 81% morale have that.]

BB.DEF v. A:
    50(6 * 0.2) = 60
    [(50 BB. * 1.2 * 1.0)]

BB.STR:
    6 * 126 = 756 [Assuming STR. instead of HP. for approximate calc.]
    ................*** [Note: HP. = 504, because 4 * 126 = 504 and 4 is the base value.]

LC.DEF v. A:
    50 * 1 = 50
    [(50 AC. * 1.0 * 1.0)]

LC.STR:
    2 * 76 = 152 [Assuming STR. instead of HP. for approximate calc.]
    ................**** [Note: HP. = 152, because 2 * 76 = 152 and 2 is the base value.]

***** Note: Going to ignore the balloon.

Sum v. A: 50 + 60 + 1.33 111
    Calc: [(50 AC. * 1.0 * 1.0)] + [(50 BB. * 1.2 * 1.0)] + [(40 Inf. * 0.12 * 0.277...)]

1st round can look a lot like the below if we factor in things such as the x-factor etc.:

20 bombers attack stack of 2142 inf., 126 BB & 76 LC:
    Approximately 7 bombers down, whereas 31 inf., 1 BB & 1 LC has been eliminated.

2nd round can look a lot like the below if we factor in things such as the x-factor etc.:

30 bombers attack stack of 2111 inf., 125 BB & 75 LC:
    Approximately 9 bombers down, whereas 53 inf., 3 BB & 4 LC has been eliminated.

Please do take notice that at these numbers the x-factor causes a tremendous deviation of expectency and therefore, even when the stack had already been weakened adding an additional ten bombers resulted in more bombers being downed, whilst the casualty rate of the stack they attacked increased as well. Was it worth it? I will leave that up to you to decide.

As a final word I would like to say that I have replicated the entire scenario with the exception from the balloon and it was coherent with these results.

I wish you a continued pleasant gaming experience.
    Last edited by Alexiel Lucien; 10-16-2017 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Added 30 * 6 = 180 & 3 * 30, 90 in B.STR | Added dmg. calc.

I was hoping Alexiel would chip in here, as he has brought the rigor of calculations to bear on this problem.

Here is what happened.

First run of all bombers -- and remember these attacked in groups of 20 (plus two groups of 25 each) resulted in a loss 503 bombers and a loss of 147 infantry. Bombers did not kill a single mechanical unit. Read that again. 503 bombers lost in order to kill 147 infantry. Even the "x" factor doesn't explain this. With only 47 bombers remaining, and not believing my eyes, I did not send them on a second run...

Additionally, two stacks of bombers of 20 each also attacked a stack of 54 submarines. Result: loss of 14 bombers and 2 subs killed.

Something has gone wrong with aircraft combat. I'd like to know what it is before continuing to play.

Wow, I saw some battles going weirdly but this takes the cake!!

the Infantry can have acted is a sponge to soak up a lot of damage potentially. Which means a lot of them were hurt but not killed (moral lowered fast) something the stakcs of 20 couldn't do

But to lose that many is a bit odd althought how much health do bombers have? still doubt it should have gone that bad

I think you lost 25 x 20 bombers not 503 bombers if you know what I mean. You were hitting a huge stack with 20 bombers, of course the 20 bombers would lose?

I know from experience that every army that hits an enemy army takes (and gives) damage, I don't see why air and navy would be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Craizy74 View Post
    I think you lost 25 x 20 bombers not 503 bombers if you know what I mean. You were hitting a huge stack with 20 bombers, of course the 20 bombers would lose?

I know from experience that every army that hits an enemy army takes (and gives) damage, I don't see why air and navy would be any different.
    Defender can attack each army offender can't to my knowledge

Thread Information