Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give me an e-cookie for my effort!

Greetings, valiant members of Bytro & the community in general.

I'd like to mention a dire injustice occurring in our little community!

There is a certain class of our people, the Working Class that is under-represented and receives no reward for their hard work.

Of course, I'm talking about the...players that trigger other players into an uncontrollable GM spam, thus creating revenue for Bytro and thus, sustaining this lovely community!

They use their masterful skills day & night yet none ever mentions them. They might be people in your work, in your neighborhood, like a silent little ant worker, never taking a rest from his duty.

Thus, I suggest, from this moment forth, we, the Working Class of the Supremacy community, should ask for more workers' rights!

We should demand:

1. Better wages! An e-cookie for each major triggering that occurs from nation that we are currently at war with! We shall work for free no more!
    Name:  cookie_monster_engadget_lede.png
Views: 91
Size:  727.6 KB

2. More respect! An e-salute to each of our veterans that fought, bled & died countless battles in the Triggering Wars of Eternity should be part of our code of communication within our community.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phpEshU4rAM.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	24501

3. Lastly, I'd like to build an e-monument, for both newbies and veterans, as a place for praying to the Gods of War that grants us all the power to continue to trigger as many as possible.

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  153.7 KB

The End.

(you may clap now)

P.S. On a more serious note, I'd love the idea of a counter that counts all the GM that were spent against you and/or related to a war with you. I know, too complicated, probably. Still, had to try once. ^_^
    Last edited by Ixidon; 01-08-2018 at 02:51 PM.
    "who cares what you believe,"
    Said the captain amazed,
    "if you stood in my shoes
    Your eyes would be glazed"

I support this game for years and none ever appreciated my work.
    Throughout my career, I have met many good workers out there. Others skilled in producing wealth with their words and others with their marvelous industrial production.
    All of them being silent heroes. None of them ever mentioned.

This day for the first time in my life, I feel my work is being appreciated.
    Now proudly I can shout, I am Nikas, I am a member of the working class!

And to All others out there, who tirelessly produce wealth for our lovely community I say. Workers! Bring up your keyboards, show up with your hammers and proudly shout! I am the working class, we are the working class!

Name:  workers unite.png
Views: 65
Size:  67.8 KB

Name:  working class heroes.png
Views: 66
Size:  132.2 KB
    Last edited by I NIKAS; 01-08-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Haha... Thanks guys... I share your pride, which is essentially being an ardent lover of the original game of S1914, and a creative player - diplomacy, strategy, and RP/political satire.
    I look in at S1914 once in a while. I think it was 18 months last. I am so drawn to it, I miss it so.
    You are right in observing the existence of a distinguished class of players who are true lovers of the true S1914 that someone at Bytro Labs once created.

Mod Edit: Denunciation of GM use/GM users is not permitted. Criticizing the company itself is also not permitted. References to the instances already mentioned have been removed, please refrain from doing so or risk having further action taken.

Last edited by Wolfe_Tone; 01-09-2018 at 06:09 PM.

My day's work for today, based on my very detailed cost analysis, was about 100.400 GM, which is more or less of what my hard work produced last night also. God damn, I'm so productive!
    Said the captain amazed,

Since Bytro are so generous and hand out great amounts of GM - I myself have 120,922 GM in my war-chest that has been given to me over the years - it means that we can use all these fabulous features that GM provides for free.
    Just think of it - what a slow and dreary poor game S1914 would have been without all those supercool things you can do with GM!

Quote Originally Posted by Hr Vilhelm Ekelund View Post
    Haha... Thanks guys... I share your pride, which is essentially being an ardent lover of the original game of S1914, and a creative player - diplomacy, strategy, and RP/political satire.
    btw, in what way was Supremacy different in its first period? I'm a kind of late player (started around summer 2014?)
    Said the captain amazed,

Well, it is easy for you to imagine - just remove GM from the game.
    It means that you cannot speed up any production, neither buildings, nor units. You have to waaaait...
    Spies are pretty useless and expensive, can only be used for reconnaissance, and for some minor damages, that are not even certain to succeed. There has been a great development of espionage over the years.
    You have to rely on the world market, prices will rise and fall in accordance with supply and demand, so you might be stranded for resources when you need them.
    You cannot reinforce troops, or repair damaged mech units, so if a battleship gets damaged for example, you would need to retreat and wait for it to repair at home.
    No tombola excitement.

The maps and UI have been beautified and more simple to use with sliders instead of typing in orders.
    New units - armoured car, airplanes, heavy tank.
    New maps have been created by fans.

It is fantastic, though, how Bytro got the audience award for browser game of the year already in 2009, considering how much it has developed since. How great it was then, how awesome it is now!
    Last edited by Hr Vilhelm Ekelund; 01-10-2018 at 12:47 AM.

The thing with such a counter would be... It reveals how much GM somebody has used (like in a 1v1 game) so it would actually break the privacy law that bytro needs to respect. (in my opinion)

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual.
    Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.
    Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

I'd love a GM-free map (that is not like a tournament, like it's right now). Petty I wasn't playing but in these days.

I still don't get why Bytro does not make casual GM-free maps then put a high enough entry price (of GM) to just enter it. It's more or less basic economics... but whatever, their business model their choice.
    Said the captain amazed,

Quote Originally Posted by NarmerTheLion View Post
    The thing with such a counter would be... It reveals how much GM somebody has used (like in a 1v1 game) so it would actually break the privacy law that bytro needs to respect. (in my opinion)
    Well, first of all, I agree what this should not allow GM shaming. Being rewarding for "producing wealth" via others' GM is not GM shaming.

So, some new points I'd like to make in general:

1. For the 1v1 maps, simply ban this feature in such maps. Besides, 1v1 maps are not really a significant part of this game.

2. In general, the easiest way to not GM shame anyone while having such feature would be to just never show "how" you raised your "GM burning score". It just happened. Bytro will have their formula to come up with said score, but the players will never know how this was made, since it'll be hidden from any public eye.

3. To avoid any obvious matching of score differences to live maps, simple put a randomized time delay for scores ( = the new score will be added after few days/weeks, meaning you won't be able to track back the change of score to certain maps). For example, you can make it that such counter will be updated once every month, so it's pretty much impossible to track down on who exactly used GM and on which map/war, thus not allowing any chance of being used to shame GM usage.

4. Such score/counter can actually serve as a strong incentive for non-GM using players that do enjoy the game but are annoyed from any major GM usage, thus tending to giving up playing the game altogether.

Bytro may not be making directly money from this kind of players BUT this people are still a significant part of the active players, players that if they become absent, it can potentially make the game less crowded / less active maps, thus severely damaging the game in the long run.

That's it for now.
    Said the captain amazed,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information