Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A Glance into the Future

Name:  20180524-revamp01.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  230.3 KB

Dear generals,

in 2019 we will celebrate the 10th anniversary of Supremacy 1914! What better time than now to talk about the future of the game that many of you have been playing for almost a decade now.

Supremacy 1914 has always been the darling of Bytro Labs - not only for sentimental reasons. The S1914 community is by far our most loyal and engaged player base. Together we have weathered many storms throughout the years: balancing changes, features being introduced or removed, moving from Java to HTML5 and much more. Being able to sustain a browser game for such a long period of time can be considered an achievement and all of you have contributed in making this possible.

In order to prepare for the big anniversary next year, we have something special planned which will boost Supremacy 1914 to a whole new level - especially in terms of its general look and feel. The online gaming landscape has changed quite a bit in recent years while Supremacy 1914 has not shown the same level of changes. By introducing a number of long-due improvements to the game we want to make sure that the game continues to stay fun for existing and new players.

New visuals: We will introduce a more up-to-date map view to the game which will become the default for new users (while the ‘classic’ view will remain a selectable option for existing players for some time). This will include more map and unit details, nicer colors and an overall more realistic appearance. We will also restyle the user interface (menus, dialogues etc.), giving it a bit more polish but staying true to the Supremacy 1914 legacy.

New website: We will completely rework the main website to give you quicker access to the games, statistics and new content. We are specifically designing it as a central hub or headquarters for you to engage with fellow players and immerse yourself in the game and community.

New forum: We will set up a new forum to replace the old one which has started to get quite buggy recently.

New map rendering technology: We are currently exploring new ways to improve the performance of our map rendering through 3D acceleration - especially on larger maps with many units. After the rework you can expect zooming and scrolling to be a breeze. We will also be able to add new features like stepless zooming or better highlighting of important elements.

We are really excited to bring all of these improvements to you in 2018! Please check out the announcement thread on the forum. We will continuously disclose new details in a series of posts over the next couple of months. We would also like to include you in the process and hear your feedback on our plans. Our main goal is to foster the game and community - this is why we would love to have your support and hear your thoughts.

Your Supremacy 1914 team

Update incoming, brace for impact!

On a more serious note, this is indeed what we all have been waiting for (hopefully).

Hiho,

I am getting uber excited to see this, and as an old school S1914 player nice to see it getting the improvements to make it nicer to the eye. I disliked this forum too nice if it goes to a nicer forum (can i suggest brightening up the chat a little as tis a wee bit dark for this old chán)

woooo VIVA La Revolution!!

Alexiel Lucien: The use of coloured text is reserved for staff only as per the forum rules, therefore I have changed your green text to black.
    Last edited by Alexiel Lucien; 04-24-2018 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Minor rule infringement rectification.

Waiting for tournaments .......

NON DUCOR, DUCO

Unregistered
    Hi, I'm quite new at the game, but since you are looking for some improvements I will state my case. Since this game is a RTT (Real-time Tactics) game, where you want to check things out a couple or more time a day, I think a great improvement would be to adapt the website contents to a mobile-friendly size. I have tried to connect through the mobile but the contents won't adapt which results in a useless interface to manage the game. I really don't know all the complications this may arise, but from a player’s point of view this would greatly benefit the playability without having to create an exclusive mobile App for the game. Hoping to see your comments on this!

Quote Originally Posted by JID the Conqueror View Post
    Hi, I'm quite new at the game, but since you are looking for some improvements I will state my case. Since this game is a RTT (Real-time Tactics) game, where you want to check things out a couple or more time a day, I think a great improvement would be to adapt the website contents to a mobile-friendly size. I have tried to connect through the mobile but the contents won't adapt which results in a useless interface to manage the game. I really don't know all the complications this may arise, but from a player’s point of view this would greatly benefit the playability without having to create an exclusive mobile App for the game. Hoping to see your comments on this!
    Right now the website for mobile phones have a scaling issue and so you will need a larger device in order to see everything. A quick solution to this is to use 'Google Chrome' on your mobile phone and enable desktop mode. This will fix the scaling issues entirely, enabling your mobile phone to view the entire game irregardless of its size.

if there is an option in it to filter the espionage reports per country, i'd be using it more ^_^ now the scrolling down an endless supply of my enemies provinces before getting to the next player is to much work on a 500 map with 1500 provinces per player ^_^ looking forward seeing all new changes.
    Last edited by Citizen89; 04-25-2018 at 10:56 AM. Reason: spelling

For 1914 I would like to see the ability to build trenches elements at the boarders where troops could be "Entrenched" and "Dug In" for some extra protection. I am sure this has all been requested a bunch already but I would also love to see an expansion to 1939 that would allow for the introduction of:Aircraft carriers Landing boats (that would make dis-embarking faster when landing on enemy soil.) Paratroopers that would allow for using bomber like range to quickly deploy a force behind enemy lines.Destroyers that would have no bombardment but would have good defense against air and subs at sea.

I would like to suggest we keep the city view as i know that it is one of the most popular features of the game (I also know that when it was removed in 30K by the new devs there before it was shut down players were not happy)

Interesting. Do you think many of the long-time players are still using the city view in their normal day-2-day playing?Or is it rather a feature that is used by new players when they are beginning to learn the game?
    Lustigen Helm aufsetzen, ernst gucken, nix verstehen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information