Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Experienced players don't use the city view (they are very often angry that it may accidentally open if they try to move troops ) - enabling the building list by default should help new players (so they don't need to find the arrow )

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Interesting. Do you think many of the long-time players are still using the city view in their normal day-2-day playing?Or is it rather a feature that is used by new players when they are beginning to learn the game?
    That is a good question I dont think many use it in day 2 day (new folk prob do) i use it maybe once in a blue moon or when bored and fiddling with things (I am sentimental :P) I just remember folk saying that is what they liked about the game and I remember in the now dead Thirty Kingdoms when it was removed the small 30K community (and many of us know it was small threw some tantrums here and there :P)

    In relation to;

    Quote Originally Posted by boris.de View Post
    Experienced players don't use the city view (they are very often angry that it may accidentally open if they try to move troops ) - enabling the building list by default should help new players (so they don't need to find the arrow )
    Well i have never had this problem both now or in the past, (but as you can tell most players get annoyed by the slightest things) but interesting point Boris I usually only use the admin tab to build and recruit being old school :P

    most important thing for this old chán is the new forum (hopefully the model used for CoW and NWE (and previously 30K)
    Last edited by Dr. Leipreachán; 04-30-2018 at 06:19 PM.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Interesting. Do you think many of the long-time players are still using the city view in their normal day-2-day playing?Or is it rather a feature that is used by new players when they are beginning to learn the game?
    Based on own interactions as well as observed interactions, I can say firmly say that new players tend to be oblivious of the province administration window and therefore use the city view exclusively, whereas more experienced players tend to be flexible but lean more to the province administration window for convenience purposes.

    Most of this I believe can be attributed to the fact that the province administration button is rather hidden and not emphasised enough in the tutorial that most people tend to speed through without actually paying attention to the things they are instructed to do.

    People who play larger maps have something that might be viewed as a need to accustom themselves to the province administration window, because its importance is emphasised when they have to manage a greater amount of provinces, which can be very time consuming to do through the city view. A so called incentive to learn, i.e. they learn because they have a need for more effective management of their provinces.

    Newer players do not have this incentive, mainly because the importance of the province administration window quickly fades when you play a smaller map that does not require mass-management.

    Based on what I know, newer players tend to attain knowledge of the province administration window through socialising in chat or through experimentation when they get bored.

    Edit: I believe that the city view should be kept as it adds atmosphere to the game and because it is easier for beginners to understand. The province administration window is a bit higher up on the learning curve and really does not become relevant until they receive that incentive to manage their provinces more effectively when presented with a need to do it.
    Last edited by Alexiel Lucien; 05-02-2018 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Grammar & New Passage

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexiel Lucien View Post
    Most of this I believe can be attributed to the fact that the province administration button is rather hidden and not emphasised enough in the tutorial that most people tend to speed through without actually paying attention to the things they are instructed to do.

    People who play larger maps have something that might be viewed as a need to accustom themselves to the province administration window, because its importance is emphasised when they have to manage a greater amount of provinces, which can be very time consuming to do through the city view. A so called incentive to learn, i.e. they learn because they have a need for more effective management of their provinces.

    Newer players do not have this incentive, mainly because the importance of the province administration window quickly fades when you play a smaller map that does not require mass-management.

    Based on what I know, newer players tend to attain knowledge of the province administration window through socialising in chat or through experimentation when they get bored.
    I agree the current province administration menu is rather blank and hidden like it was in 30K

    On CoW and NWE it ia not as hidden
    Name:  cfc6cb0b561fca2475b1bdb3919a8a52.png
Views: 99
Size:  38.4 KB
    And the name alone gives the clear identifier of what those are for imo

  5. #15
    Speaking of which, I do believe that it might be better to just incorporate the button into a menu that is at the top of the screen - somewhat close to the resource bar. Imagine this close to the resource bar:
    http://prntscr.com/jcy4bc

    When you click on them a separate window or a dropdown list will appear that you can later move and / or resize in accordance with your own wishes.
    Last edited by Alexiel Lucien; 05-02-2018 at 11:24 PM.

  6. #16

  7. #17
    So when will this updated take effect??

  8. #18
    To my knowledge this huge project will be split in shifts so piece by piece it will all be implemented. Maybe Alkyonor can have more specifics.

    Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual.
    Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.
    Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

  9. #19
    I use province administration to find which provinces have/don't have what I'm looking for, then city view to build them.

  10. #20
    I have a proposal for a new feature: Treaties.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •