Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'd like the Republic of Novgorod, bois. I'll give you a meaty sample article soon. Or can we just use one of our old ones?
    " Never Interrupt an Enemy when he is making a bad mistake " - Napoleon Bonaparte

" Do not be at war with the Enemy all the time, you will show him your art of war " - Napoleon Bonaparte

" Every war is a Civil War because all men are brothers " - Francisco Franco

May I remind everybody that bans are not discussed in public. If you have a question about a taken action please contact either myself or my superiors Alexiel Lucien and Wolfe_tone.

Additional to that insulting staff members in your plead of "I did nothing wrong" wont help you in anyway. Please remain respectfull to all users.
    Last edited by NarmerTheLion; 06-16-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual.
    Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.
    Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

Unregistered
    ok i would like to play as rome or england this will be my first role play so please have some mercy on my lack of skill and knowledge

Please sign me up for Abbassids. Time to Allahu Akbar in one RP isntead of my usual Deus Vult. I will provide a sample when I get to my PC. Has the round been created?
    An honest private man often grows cruel and abandoned when converted into an absolute prince.
    Give a man power of doing what he pleases with impunity, you extinguish his fear.
    Consequently overturn in him one of the great pillars of morality.
    The madness. The treachery. The strong mixture of troubles.
    It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
    More than a man.
    More than a king.
    More like God!

Dominion over nature, crosses the line into the relation to other men.
    Proper appetite and desire becomes lust and passion.
    The dominion that man is to have over nature, he also seeks to have over his brothers.
    So crossing the line of his own proper dominion, and crossing on Gods...

Only God is to have dominion over all!

Quote Originally Posted by vincentpershings View Post
    I'd like the Republic of Novgorod, bois. I'll give you a meaty sample article soon. Or can we just use one of our old ones?

I leave that option to you, however you are accepted pending the sample article

Quote Originally Posted by NarmerTheLion View Post
    May I remind everybody that bans are not discussed in public. If you have a question about a taken action please contact either myself or my superiors Alexiel Lucien and Wolfe_tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by NarmerTheLion View Post

Additional to that insulting staff members in your plead of "I did nothing wrong" wont help you in anyway. Please remain respectfull to all users.

Absolutely. Bump to this. We rp on the basis of the ToS and as we are on the playing field, we must abide by the rules given to us by the administrators.

Quote Originally Posted by king nate 1 View Post
    ok i would like to play as rome or england this w
    Quote Originally Posted by king nate 1 View Post
    ill be my first role play so please have some mercy on my lack of skill and knowledge

Alrighty my guy, sadly rome and england are taken, however there are a variety of free nations that you can choose from, just take your pic and submit a sample article.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaassen View Post
    Please sign me up for Abbassids. Time to Allahu Akbar in one RP isntead of my usual Deus Vult. I will provide a sample when I get to my PC. Has the round been created?

Lol great, accepted pending sample article.
    RPU Discord Server Link (click on flag)

The Lightning Turk Youtube Channel link (click on banner)

"I will lead my people by the hand along the road until their feet are sure and they know the way. Then they may choose for themselves and rule themselves. Then my work will be done."

-Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

My sample article as promised

With the sound of Adhān, the sun rose over the royal palace of Makkah. A new day has come. A new era. The year is 493 Anno Hegirae, or as infidels say, 1100 Anno Domini. It has been 350 years since the Abbasid took over the reign from the dying Umayyad dynasty and rose the Islamic Empire to greatness. Under the rule of Sharia Law, the values and principles of the purest of religions, Abbasids and Islam reached heights never seen before. But it was not without problems, as Abbasids faced rebellions within the Empire. Numerous indigenous people of Africa, Mesopotamia, Iran and Middle East struggled for power. Everyone thought they had right to rule. Every attempt of unification of state and organization of proper rule was met with opposition of local tribes. In addition, numerous new Muslim states have been created, all seeking to rule the other. To the North, the great Seljuk Empire came from Asian steps and conquered Middle East, quickly establishing themselves as worthy adversaries and rulers of these lands. To the West, the Fatimid’s have created a fake Caliphate in Cairo and rule with iron fist of Shia Islam. May Allah forgive their sins against the rightful Caliph, guardian of Islam and messenger of Allah in this world. And while all Muslims involve in petty squabble over the lands, the Crusaders are always seeking opportunity to capture Holy Land and bring their infidel religion to our doorstep.

After several minor battles with the indigenous rebels, a common language was found and they were put under control. To secure their support, Al-Mustazhir, the ruling member of Dynasty and Caliph of Abbasid Caliphate, formed a special army of local tribesmen, called Black Guard. Securing them decent salaries, their families a good home and tying them to the Caliphate, these men will no longer fight each other, but fight the foreign invaders, outsiders who seek to destroy everything that is Holy. Al-Mustazhir believed that there is still some life left in the Caliphate and that he can be the one to unite the Muslim world against the ever rising threat in Europe. Maybe even other Muslim kingdoms can be swayed with a nice word, or be united in face of great danger coming from Catholics. Walking around the streets and trying to connect with common people, the Caliph took a stop at town square of Makkah, took some sand below his feet and rose his hand in front of the crowd:

„For hundreds of years the Arab people stood where we stand now. This what I hold in my hand is not just sand. This is us, ashes of men and women who passed away before us. You came from this, and this is where you shall return. Others will walk over you, not knowing that you were once living here just like them. We bled here in long forgotten wars and maybe we shall bleed again in future ones. I am holding history, oh Ummah of our beloved Prophet, Muhammad s.a.a.w. Land that saw what we cannot see today. Without it, we are nothing. Without religion, we are nothing. This land is sacred. This land is everything and wherever you go and travel, only this land will be yours. Only this simple dust that I hold in my hand will be your home. It is time to wake up and start rebuilding our Caliphate. Start fortifying our cities as the bloodthirsty Europeans will surely try to take them. Allah made us custodians of Holy Land for a reason, for we are closest to our beloved Prophet and we have a task of securing his Ummah from chaos. For Allah!"

The crowd cheered their Caliph, shouting his name and the words Allahu Akbar, filled with joy and pride. However small the Abbasid Caliphate remains, they were once again united and proud, ready to wield the colors of Islam and Abbasid Caliphate against all threats.
    Last edited by Klaassen; 06-17-2018 at 11:12 AM.
    An honest private man often grows cruel and abandoned when converted into an absolute prince.
    Give a man power of doing what he pleases with impunity, you extinguish his fear.
    Consequently overturn in him one of the great pillars of morality.
    The madness. The treachery. The strong mixture of troubles.
    It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
    More than a man.
    More than a king.
    More like God!

Dominion over nature, crosses the line into the relation to other men.
    Proper appetite and desire becomes lust and passion.
    The dominion that man is to have over nature, he also seeks to have over his brothers.
    So crossing the line of his own proper dominion, and crossing on Gods...

Only God is to have dominion over all!

The Development of the Civil War
    (Taken from Victoria III Role Play, i was Spain)

The Civil war that has started a few months ago has developed some interesting progressions. In Luzon, we see the Sovereigntist army under Don Narciso Zaldua become recklessly defeated by the Royalist army under Don Pedro Buencamino. Caudillo Andres de San Martin had appointed Don Narciso to the bulk of the Sovereigntist army in Luzon, in order to capture the bulwark of the Royalists. The army of the Sovereigntist had been composed of whoever was left of the original army that didn’t desert and the recruits Don Narciso had garnered in and around Manila. The general problem for the Sovereigntist was the lack in Logistical capabilities and efficiency, most likely due to the presence of guerilla Royalists who have been raiding the supply routes of the Sovereigntists. The Sovereigntist army is made of “professional” soldiers mostly, or at least, those who had received some form of training before the civil war started albeit a great part of the Sovereign State’s army had defected to the Royalist camp before, but they still had a sizeable number on their hands. The problem is keeping that sizeable number manageable. The Sovereign army has only kept up with wages and rations through either pillaging the nearby villages of their harvests and live stocks or asking for “kind-hearted donations” from the wealthiest people in every town they passed through. Without support from the landed elite, the Sovereigntists were mostly hated wherever they went excepting in Manila and some of the bigger towns who feared the rise of the Landed Elite should the Royalists win. The Royalist army meanwhile, is mainly composed of hacienda labourers. The bulk of support of Don Jose are the landed elite of the Philippines, Malaya and some in Africa. This is due to the majority’s belief that Don Jose will bring prosperity for the elites, which is why many bank on Don Jose to become King, in order to preserve or even expand their Privileges as landlords. They discretely trained their labourers to be able to wield more than a bolo knife. Giving them basics on the operation of the rifle and maneuver. The common labourer, albeit inexperienced in warfare and true military training compared to their Sovereigntist counterparts, are naturally hardy and high in resolution giving the nature of their work, for around four months of the year, they endlessly hack at never ending fields of sugarcane or cash crops and for the rest, either toil idlily or continue to work in other trades. They have proven good stock for the army, although unexperienced in wielding firearms but they do good in melee combat, as proven in the battle of Alaoag. The Royalist army is quite well-supplied and well-armed as well, owing to the earlier illegal importation of arms, munitions and supplies that were stocked up by Royalist landowners in the months leading up to the Civil war. Don Narciso Zaldua, knowing that only the city and province of Manila was the only bulwark of the Sovereigntists, knew he had to clear and defeat the Royalists in Luzon, maybe even find and capture Don Jose. Don Narciso Zaldua, with the strength of an estimated Fifty thousand men, marched up to Cavite in an attempt to capture important towns their and move up to Ilocos to fight Don Jose himself. Unfortunately, he was stopped dead on his tracks in the battle of Alaoag. Don Narciso admits his mistakes were listening to his battle-inexperienced aides who suggested using the center to attack and the flanks to buff up the main attack. Reports and gossips say the badly defeated Don Narcisco will be heading back up to Manila, to be chewed by Mayor Alfredo Limsuaco. They also say that after badly mauling the Sovereign army, that they will move on to be on the defensive, trying to use whatever resources they have to defend the last Sovereigntist territory in Luzon, unceremoniously the capital of the Sovereign State of Spain. However, Caudillo Andres de San Martin has since moved the headquarters of the Sovereigntists in Iloilo, Panay, because Panay is still mostly held by the Sovereigntists. Speaking of Panay, the Sovereigntist Commander-in-Chief of the Sovereign forces in Visayas, General Martin Delgado y Javellana, has been successful in systematically defeating the Royalist forces in Panay under the Royalist general, Don Ruperto Montinola. It also helps the Sovereigntists that the general public of Visayas are sympathetic to the Sovereigntists and the Royalists lack a central and strong support from much of the elite class because most of the rich of Visayas are not like the Traditional Principalia of Luzon but are Noveau riche and understand the feelings of the middle class. In Mindanao, the very south, it is where the current fighting ground is for the Sovereigntists and Royalists seem to be on equal footing there. The Royalists gaining the support of the majority of Muslim Rajs and Chiefs there while the Sovereigntists gain the support of the smaller but quite strong Port provinces filled with Visayan settlers and Spaniards. The Sovereigntists have sent half their navy to go to Zamboanga, Mindanao to buffer the Sovereigntist forces there while keeping the other half to defend Manila from the inevitably impending Royalist siege In Malaya, everything seems to be more laxed and only skirmishes have taken place so far with no clear side on the winning edge yet. Although the Sovereigntists seem to still have a chance at victory in Spanish Asia, the invasion of Iberia by the British will force Caudillo Andres de San Martin to not send the Iberian forces which he hitherto commanded to move into Spanish Asia specifically the Philippines. The Isabellists in Mainland Iberia seem to welcome the British troops, claiming it is aid sent by their benefactor, Queen Isabella. It is said that the British Navy and army are pounding the provinces however, the army is still trying to organize itself. The Sovereigntists Iberian forces will be lead by the heroic wartime figure, Don Fernando Primo de Rivera, a Castillian man known for his long experience in war and warfare. The war seems to take a toll on the people in total. What with both armies pillaging the neutral and the plenty, who is the lesser evil to choose among the three sides? The Isabellists who clamor and fight for the supposed olden days of Imperium rule, the Sovereigntists who want to keep the Sovereignty of the People’s Power through complete Senatorial Democracy or the Royalists who fight for the eloquent Don Jose and the establishment of “righteous” Absolute Monarchy once again, not seen for a century or more? In conflicts such as these, it is the ones with the biggest arms to decide and whomever God and the people favour.

The Civil war that has started a few months ago has developed some interesting progressions. In Luzon, we see the Sovereigntist army under Don Narciso Zaldua become recklessly defeated by the Royalist army under Don Pedro Buencamino. Caudillo Andres de San Martin had appointed Don Narciso to the bulk of the Sovereigntist army in Luzon, in order to capture the bulwark of the Royalists. The army of the Sovereigntist had been composed of whoever was left of the original army that didn’t desert and the recruits Don Narciso had garnered in and around Manila. The general problem for the Sovereigntist was the lack in Logistical capabilities and efficiency, most likely due to the presence of guerilla Royalists who have been raiding the supply routes of the Sovereigntists. The Sovereigntist army is made of “professional” soldiers mostly, or at least, those who had received some form of training before the civil war started albeit a great part of the Sovereign State’s army had defected to the Royalist camp before, but they still had a sizeable number on their hands. The problem is keeping that sizeable number manageable. The Sovereign army has only kept up with wages and rations through either pillaging the nearby villages of their harvests and live stocks or asking for “kind-hearted donations” from the wealthiest people in every town they passed through. Without support from the landed elite, the Sovereigntists were mostly hated wherever they went excepting in Manila and some of the bigger towns who feared the rise of the Landed Elite should the Royalists win. The Royalist army meanwhile, is mainly composed of hacienda labourers. The bulk of support of Don Jose are the landed elite of the Philippines, Malaya and some in Africa. This is due to the majority’s belief that Don Jose will bring prosperity for the elites, which is why many bank on Don Jose to become King, in order to preserve or even expand their Privileges as landlords. They discretely trained their labourers to be able to wield more than a bolo knife. Giving them basics on the operation of the rifle and maneuver. The common labourer, albeit inexperienced in warfare and true military training compared to their Sovereigntist counterparts, are naturally hardy and high in resolution giving the nature of their work, for around four months of the year, they endlessly hack at never ending fields of sugarcane or cash crops and for the rest, either toil idlily or continue to work in other trades. They have proven good stock for the army, although unexperienced in wielding firearms but they do good in melee combat, as proven in the battle of Alaoag. The Royalist army is quite well-supplied and well-armed as well, owing to the earlier illegal importation of arms, munitions and supplies that were stocked up by Royalist landowners in the months leading up to the Civil war. Don Narciso Zaldua, knowing that only the city and province of Manila was the only bulwark of the Sovereigntists, knew he had to clear and defeat the Royalists in Luzon, maybe even find and capture Don Jose. Don Narciso Zaldua, with the strength of an estimated Fifty thousand men, marched up to Cavite in an attempt to capture important towns their and move up to Ilocos to fight Don Jose himself. Unfortunately, he was stopped dead on his tracks in the battle of Alaoag. Don Narciso admits his mistakes were listening to his battle-inexperienced aides who suggested using the center to attack and the flanks to buff up the main attack. Reports and gossips say the badly defeated Don Narcisco will be heading back up to Manila, to be chewed by Mayor Alfredo Limsuaco. They also say that after badly mauling the Sovereign army, that they will move on to be on the defensive, trying to use whatever resources they have to defend the last Sovereigntist territory in Luzon, unceremoniously the capital of the Sovereign State of Spain. However, Caudillo Andres de San Martin has since moved the headquarters of the Sovereigntists in Iloilo, Panay, because Panay is still mostly held by the Sovereigntists. Speaking of Panay, the Sovereigntist Commander-in-Chief of the Sovereign forces in Visayas, General Martin Delgado y Javellana, has been successful in systematically defeating the Royalist forces in Panay under the Royalist general, Don Ruperto Montinola. It also helps the Sovereigntists that the general public of Visayas are sympathetic to the Sovereigntists and the Royalists lack a central and strong support from much of the elite class because most of the rich of Visayas are not like the Traditional Principalia of Luzon but are Noveau riche and understand the feelings of the middle class. In Mindanao, the very south, it is where the current fighting ground is for the Sovereigntists and Royalists seem to be on equal footing there. The Royalists gaining the support of the majority of Muslim Rajs and Chiefs there while the Sovereigntists gain the support of the smaller but quite strong Port provinces filled with Visayan settlers and Spaniards. The Sovereigntists have sent half their navy to go to Zamboanga, Mindanao to buffer the Sovereigntist forces there while keeping the other half to defend Manila from the inevitably impending Royalist siege In Malaya, everything seems to be more laxed and only skirmishes have taken place so far with no clear side on the winning edge yet. Although the Sovereigntists seem to still have a chance at victory in Spanish Asia, the invasion of Iberia by the British will force Caudillo Andres de San Martin to not send the Iberian forces which he hitherto commanded to move into Spanish Asia specifically the Philippines. The Isabellists in Mainland Iberia seem to welcome the British troops, claiming it is aid sent by their benefactor, Queen Isabella. It is said that the British Navy and army are pounding the provinces however, the army is still trying to organize itself. Who shall prevail? The Isabellists, Sovereigntists or Royalists? Only God knows.
    " Never Interrupt an Enemy when he is making a bad mistake " - Napoleon Bonaparte

" Do not be at war with the Enemy all the time, you will show him your art of war " - Napoleon Bonaparte

" Every war is a Civil War because all men are brothers " - Francisco Franco

Here is one of my oooold samples (i applied as Portugal):

-REINO DE PORTUGAL, 1920-

Portugal is a nation of seafarers, a proud nation with a legacy unmatched to this day. A country that has always thrived by looking out to the sea, establishing a world-wide empire; the Portuguese thalassocracy spans from its mother-country to the banks of Amazon, reaching Angolese shores and those of Mozambique on the other side of Africa in order to get to the ultimate prize: the spices of India and control of European trade. For a short while, Portugal was dominant force in world politics, with their carracks and cannon Da Gama and Albuquerque had reached a dream, impossible to acomplish for over a millenia. In some way, Portugal was reponsible to bring entire Europe to the brink of a new age by opening gates to India: that of European empires.

And ever since Portugal had gained her Empire, it was her focus on the outer world, not giving even a glimpse to the matters of Europe. A policy that continues to keep Portugal and Monarchy up to these days. Portuguese neutrality and aliance with Great Britain and its Royal navy have been vital for the »Portuguese miracle« until recent years.

Darkest of Days

Portugal has been a Constitutional Monarchy ever since 1834, and many see the Constitution of 1822 and Charter of 1826 imperfect and needs to be modernised a great deal. In fact, to some Portugal cannot thrive in modern times by being a monarchy. The Portuguese Republican Party has attempted to eliminate entire Royal family, unsuccessfully to some degree. Yet after the moment gunshots have hit King Carlos I and Crown Prince Luis Filipe on October 5th 1908, destiny of Portugal became uncertain, and the Monarchy was on a brink of extinction. Immediately after the terrible Regicide in Lisbon a Republic was proclaimed, but the only surviving potential ruler of Portugal prince Manuel was safe and sound. Then blood began to run in streams down the streets of Lisbon; royal army under leadership of Henrique Mitchell de Paiva Cauciero entered the city, arresting Oscar Carmona, Manuel de Arriaga, Joao Pinheiro Chagas and killing civilians with weapons in their hands. Few hours later, prince Manuel was proclaimed Dom Manuel II of Portugal.

Next day (October 6th 1908), news reach the public of Portugal: Brazil is rebelling against her mother-country, thinking that Portugal is in flames by now. Indeed, widespread revolution in Portugal has been quickly localized but still ongoing. Under heavy influence of the Republican party in Portugal, their cells were activated in Brazil as when bombs are well timed to cause heaviest of destructions. Yet, De Paiva Couciero was aware of this possible threat, and the monarchist forces managed to re-establish order in important cities of Brazil: Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Porto Alegre, Salvador. However, the more remote Amazon basin was in grasp of the Republicans, who joined the idea of free democratic Brazil with the Portuguese revolution. And it is to this day that the rebellous north Brazil remains out of Portuguese control, a situation that will have to be quickly dealt with before it becomes internationally recognized country. But it has been 12 years already... It is certain that Portugal will do everything she can to continue its rule over the Amazon and its valuable rubber trees, which had brought huge amounts of coin into Portuguese treasury, keeping the unpopular Monarchy afloat. But the cursed year of 1908 remains in People's memory, and so does the King's wish to completly eradicate the Marxist and Republican ideals from Portugal and people's minds.

The Republican Party had been banned from Portugal when Dom Manuel II ascended the throne, despite its popularity and good reputation it had till 1908. The young monarch could easily establish a dictatorship in the given circumstances, yet his skilss were not that great. All he wanted was peace, and he kept this promise even the event that had followed in 1915. Only then, the Republican Party was allowed to come back to Portugal.

The 2nd Franco-Prussian War

In 1915 a devastating conflict between the German Empire and France had left Portugal a choice either to step aside, or give their involved ally Great Britain help. Yet nothing happened. Portugal was already plunged into war of her own, because of the recent Revolution and Uprising of 1908 that has thrown Portugal into more cautios position, and king Manuel II dares not want to provoke already heated atmosphere of his Kingdom any further. And, it is not an unimportant detail that His Majesty is married to a Hohenzollern, princess Augusta-Victoria.

Even now after the war European empires continue to dominate the world to this day, especially particular one; the German empire. With the Second Franco-Prussian war ending in favor of the Germans, Portugal has done her share by staying neutral during the conflict and now reaps the benefits. The British navy is reduced thus Portugal does not rely on the Royal navy as much as before. Western Europe will need time to recover, meanwhile Portuguese trade and industry are growing and prospering rapidly. The so-called »Portuguese miracle« made the young monarch popular, and had brought some stability back to the Kingdom and its possessions overseas. Yet, enemies of the Monarchy are not put to rest, they try their tricks everywhere and any time. It is known that there is many of republicans and socialists that thrive in France, and wish to transfer same ideology into Portugal's territories, causing hatred for the Braganza dynasty and demolishing an established order. The darkest of days may still return any time...
    Last edited by Josef II von Habsburg; Yesterday at 03:21 PM.

Hi, I'd like to reserve the Hammadid dynasty please. I'll write up a sample soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaassen View Post
    My sample article as promised

With the sound of Adhān, the sun rose over the royal palace of Makkah..... For Allah!"....The crowd cheered their Caliph, shouting his name and the words Allahu Akbar, filled with joy and pride.

Accepted

Quote Originally Posted by vincentpershings View Post
    The Development of the Civil War
    (Taken from Victoria III Role Play, i was Spain)

The Civil war that has started a few months ago has developed some interesting progressions..... The Isabellists, Sovereigntists or Royalists? Only God knows.

Accepted ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Josef II von Habsburg View Post
    Here is one of my oooold samples (i applied as Portugal):

-REINO DE PORTUGAL, 1920-

Portugal is a nation of seafarers, a proud nation with a legacy unmatched to this day......The darkest of days may still return any time...

Accepted *.*

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress the Great View Post
    Hi, I'd like to reserve the Hammadid dynasty please. I'll write up a sample soon.

Alrighty, your name is on the list
    RPU Discord Server Link (click on flag)

The Lightning Turk Youtube Channel link (click on banner)

"I will lead my people by the hand along the road until their feet are sure and they know the way. Then they may choose for themselves and rule themselves. Then my work will be done."

-Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information