Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hello, Id like to apply for the Kingdom of Hungary.

Coloman,King of Hungary was a wise man compare to most other kings, he for one could read unlike the rumors say of the English king. So he once again was going over the tax plan again for the year, he liked what he was seeing the taxes were distributed nicely no one group could complain and everyone should be pleased. Which is well indeed for Colman has envisioned a future for his families kingdom one that would rival anyone else.

His brother is once again acting up plotting a revolt I am sure. But it matters not he will bring him back in line for nothing is more important than family. He has been lied to and for that he will be forgiven the lords of these other kingdoms are so weak minded that they can not take what they claim to be theirs yet turn brother on brother. They will be dealt with Coloman has always promised himself, for their day will come.

Colman was loved by his people he begun major projects as soon as e took his fathers throne. Building new roads churches markets and public hospices . For the families to poor to afford the trip to town to see the village doctor. He supposedly cut back the royal families allowance but with taxes under control he was able to increases them without anyone noticing the change. They did however notice the number of Royal Guards increasing rather drastically. He knew the rival powers were not above attempting to take his life and he would be prepared for it, They were also enlisted to keep prying eyes from seeing the Kings activity's in the late nights.

Posts containing inappropriate themes have been removed, please keep it PG.
    [url=http://www.supremacy1914.com/]

Got game game related queries? Have a look at the manual.

Require assistance? Please submit a ticket here or contact a member of our support staff directly.

Oh well, here is the fresh post on Seljuk Turks as my previous sample was...ehhh nvm.

================================================== ================
    ~ THE SELJUK SULTANATE OF RUM ~

(Year: 1100-A.D 12th-Hijra.)

The times are hard in the Sultanate of Rum, recovering recently from the greatest civil war in the history of Seljuks, their power is drastically weakened, allowing Byzantines to recover several possessions in Asia Minor. The Seljuk Royal family is at war with itself, with Malik Shah I's son, Mehmet Tapar the Seljuk Sultan of Iraq and Persia and Suleiman ibn Qutulmish's son, Kilij Arslan I the Seljuk Sultan of Anatolia and Syria at war with each other in order to unify now fractured empire once again. It was Malik Shah I's reign when empire was at it's zenith, but it was his cousin Suleiman ibn Qutulmish who did most of the conquests in Anatolia and when he gained enough power he revolted and formed his own Sultanate of Rum, throwing entire empire in bloodiest civil war.

He was later defeated in Siege of Antioch and his heir was imprisoned. But, with the death of Malik Shah I, another power struggle started within Persia and Kilij Arslan I was releashed, he would go then to assume control of his father's domain and raise banners against several other petty sultans in the fertile crescent. For years, the struggle will continue, until only Kilij Arslan I and Mehmet Tapar will be left. With the Treaty of Baghdad, a fragile peace now holds both cousins from going against each other. According to the treaty, the domains of Asia Minor, Caucasus, Syria and Levant was given to Sultan Kilij Arslan I of Sultanate of Rum and the domains of Iraq, Persia, Afghanistan and Oghuz Turks ancestral land around Aral Sea was given to Sultan Mehmet Tapar of Sultanate of Persia.

The both empires were then divided by Abbasid Caliphate, whose Caliph is all but ceremonial head of Islam, with little to no power and now mainly acts as Mediator between two Seljuk families. With much of
    Mesopotamia given to Abbasids, so the two empires do not strike against each other in future. But, here the problems of Seljuks of Rum did not ended.

Throughout the civil war, there were mainly two other empires who benefited greatly from internal turmoil of the Seljuks. First, the Byzantine Empire who pushed Seljuks from Nikea to the very borders of Iconium and in south, the shiite caliphate of Fatimids who like wild fire overthrew the Sunni Buyids and took control of Egypt and for years they expanded East and West, crushing several Sunni petty sultanates and went as far as taking the Byzantine Sicily. But recently, they have faced a civil war too, in which Zirids of Berber descent revolted away and Sunni Turkish army revolting in Hejaz and Palestine and swearing loyalty to the Abbasid Caliphate. The Fatimids have now recovered too and no doubt they will cross River Nile to reclaim lost possessions in Hejaz and the jewel of region, the Jerusalem.

In the north, another wild power is rising, the Kipchak Horde of Nomadic peoples and they have just stormed the lands of Great Duchy of Kiev and also took many coastal holdings of Byzantines in Caucasus. Nobody knows, where their mighty armies will head next. But this is certain that Seljuks of Rum will have to act quickly and consolidate their power on their holdings and check their borders for any intrusion.

================================================== ===============

To serve Him, was to Worship Him.
    We fought on our Path to Victory !
    RPU had been Triumphant before today and it shall be I who will carry on it's Legacy !
    I served the good Emperor with Sweat & Blood.
    My Own, My Men & My Comrades.
    Pain is temporary but Honour is Forever.
    Ours is not to reason 'Why?'
    Ours is to stay strong & fight on !
    Long Live The Emperor LightningTurk

Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

Quote Originally Posted by LightningTurk View Post
    Papal Election System [Credit to Josef II von Habsburg and his 1506 RP.]
    Wow, thanks I believe it was Matt's idea in the first row, if I recall right. I'm applying for Venice!

How is with maintaining the Republic tho?

P.S. If you need me to fill some "bigger" country, I'm in for that too.
    Last edited by Josef II von Habsburg; 06-14-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Applying for Morocoo:
    Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! That is what our people will chant when we retake Al-Andus from the Christians. Like the great prophet himself we shall expand the boundaries Islam further and further until the whole world submits to allah. It is our sacred duty as followers of the prophet to see this duty through and spread the faith further into the lands of Christ. We cannot rest, nor shall we rest until all those in world submit to allah. We must remain pious and stay away from decadence if we are to be blessed in this conquest by the faithful and by allah himself. For allah will not allow those who are decandent to spread the faith in his name. Like the great prophet before only the most devout muslims will find success in spreading the faith far and wide. But we musn't only spread the faith, we must also unite it! For the Islamic world to be strong it must be unified and it is under our banner in which we claim the title of Caliph and unite all muslims under one banner. A strong unified Caliphate is the way towards progress for the muslim world and the faith. For if we are to busy fighting amongst ourselves then we shall lose the blessing of allah and be lost to the ages. Cursed to be forgetten and refused entry into paradise. I urge all true muslims to join under our banner and fight in our holy jihad to convert the Christians and unite the muslim world. Do what allah wants you to do and help our holiest of causes. One day our ancestors will read about our great victories and our holiest of actions. And while they read about us we shall already be in paradise enjoying the luxuries only afforded to the faithful. Now spread this message! Spread this message across the whole world to any soul willing to listen. Today we begin our first steps towards out destiny! Allahu Akbar!
    Last edited by The OG DFH; 06-14-2018 at 08:27 PM.

The Kaiser is dead, long live the König

''The covenant between father and son is a holy one. Because God decides which man is whose son's father. That's why it's bad when father and son fight. But it is even worse when the son turns away from his own father. My son did. He turned away from me and is now rebelling against me. But it's not just that, the fact that he broke a sacred bond. No, he also broke the oath of allegiance to his king and emperor. And now we are facing each other. Our armies gather at the river Regen, thousands of men, brothers and sons who do not want to fight against their peers, but do so as soon as the horns sound. And it will probably come to that. A battle that will decide everything. A battle I fear I will not win. Because who stands behind me? Many of my princes have turned against me and support my son. The church stands behind my son and grants him absolution for the sin he committed and lifts his ban from the church. My only chance is that God will realize that I have always been loyal to him and have always fought these Satanists in church and empire. My death is certain, but my ascension to heaven, too.

My son's horns were ringing. His army has gathered for battle. The time has come, to face what is coming.''

Henry IV left his tent and climbed on his horse. His men were in a hurry, they had to gather quickly before they were overrun by Henry V's troops. Orders were shouted on both sides. ''Spears forward, archers behind them!''. The riders got ready. They were only a few, but they were heavily armored. No arrow could penetrate their armor, no spear could break her. And so Henry V gave the order.

Under der linden
    an der heide,
    dâ unser zweier bette was,
    dâ muget ir vinden
    schône beide
    gebrochen bluomen unde gras.
    Vor dem walde in einem tal,
    tandaradei,
    schône sanc diu nahtegal

The knights of Henry V stormed forward. First in close formation, then they divided into three groups. One of the groups rode towards the centre of the enemy troops, the other two stormed the flanks. Henry IV reacted quickly. He had the knights fired at in the center and formed the spears on the flanks. But he quickly realized that this did not help. The arrows bounced off the armour as if they were made of parchment. The spears could not stop the riders. The riders rode through the ranks as there was nothing but air. One by one they fell. Blood splattered everywhere. Body parts flew through the air. Men screamed like they've never done before. Death walked around. Henry IV now had to rethink. And so he ordered his few riders to attack the enemy riders on the right flank with full force.

Ich kam gegangen
    zuo der ouwe,
    dô was mîn friedel komen ê.
    Dâ wart ich enpfangen,
    hêre frouwe,
    daz ich bin sælic iemer mê.
    Kuster mich? Wol tûsentstunt:
    tandaradei,
    seht, wie rôt mir ist der munt.

Henry V watched his knights kill one man after another. The attack was successful, but he also knew that it is a matter of time before his knights are exhausted and broken. And so he raised his hand and sank it quickly. Individual men roared around, whereupon the entire army of Henry V. started to move. The foot soldiers marched off. The ground beneath them began to tremble. Generals and captains continued to shout orders. The cries of the wounded could still be heard. It was an ear numbing noise. Slowly the army of Henry V. came closer and closer. Henry IV could do nothing more. His defeat was sealed. Many had already died from the knights' attack, morale was down. His own cavalry was found in battle and his center in complete chaos. But Henry IV did not think of giving up.

Dô het er gemachet
    alsô rîche
    von bluomen eine bettestat.
    Des wirt noch gelachet
    inneclîche,
    kumt iemen an daz selbe pfat.
    Bî den rôsen er wol mac,
    tandaradei,
    merken, wâ mirz houbet lac.

The ground was soaked with blood. The crows pounced on the corpses in droves. Raiders roamed around taking everything they could turn into cash. Only the signs of death still point to a battle. There was no army left far and wide.

Henry V stood before his father, who lay peacefully in bed. Sadness filled the new king, for he had killed his father and was responsible for the death of many of his peers. But there was not much time to mourn, because now he was the new king and ruler of the Holy Roman Empire.

Daz er bî mir læge,
    wessez iemen
    (nû enwelle got!), sô schamt ich mich.
    Wes er mit mir pflæge,
    niemer niemen
    bevinde daz, wan er und ich,
    und ein kleinez vogellîn –
    tandaradei,
    daz mac wol getriuwe sîn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My (Marv) article for the HRE

Sample article comes from the GoT RP I posted yesterday (was a collab.)

Arrival and Departure

Jaehaerys stood on the deck of the northern galley named “the young Wolf”, it had been a long journey but he had finally made it to the city of volantis in essos. As he got off the ship he noticed a group of unsullied guards that were there to bring him to his aunt.
    “Jaehaerys?” one of the guards asked him.
    “Aye. thats me.” He responded to the guard.
    “Follow me.” he said and they started to leave.
    They walked up a lot of step and took a lot of turns until finally they made it to where the palace stood. they went up the stairs and into the palace. When they reached the throne room he saw a beautiful women with long blonde hair sitting on the throne and he bowed saying, “Aunt Daenerys?”
    The Queen stood up. “Jaeherys Targaryen? Lost son of Rhaegar Targaryen, presumed dead in the aftermath of the ‘great’ rebellion?”
    “Yes. My uncle, the late Eddard Stark took me in and raised me, your grace.”
    “Raised by an old fool… this man failed his King, shed Targaryen blood and yet he still had the decency to protect and preserve someone who overvalued himself- He must’ve been a good man. But it’s not a shame that he’s dead.”Without letting Jaeherys question her, Daenerys gets down from the throne and the stairs leading up to it, walks past Jaeherys and over to a window in the throne room, through which one can see the scenery of Volantis.“Look at them, nephew. Former slaves, suppressed and brainwashed- yet, House Targaryen has given them justice. Freedom. A way to live, a reason.”
    “then that is why we fight for the throne correct, your grace? to give our people freedom from the usurper?” Jaehaerys asks with confused look on his face. “also to bring the seven kingdoms back to the peace it had under our house for centuries?”
    “You are correct. We’ve been driven from our former home for an unjustified reason, by men that hated their own position, hoping to achieve something much greater than themselves. Ignoring the costs that were paid to ensure Freedom and Stability across the Kingdom, they ruined everything, destroyed what we had built, they teared down the entire continent and threw it back into the chaos which it was in when we first arrived.The example here, Volantis. A chaotic place, no reasoning, hundreds of unrightfully suppressed men, women and children. And on top of those, some dare to prosper of it. They dare to live from the suffering of others. We have given them peace, and most importantly, justice.”Daenerys looks out of another window to the right, where one can see a grand temple outside. Along the road leading to this temple men in fancy clothing have been nailed onto crosses, still alive.
    “I believe my uncle saw the error of his ways before he died tho your grace as he told me to come here, and he told my cousin to support you… which is another thing. my cousin told me to tell you the North is yours to command dear aunt. The entire kingdom of westeros has been in disarray since the first usurper’s, robert baratheon, death.” Jaehaerys says while looking at the men on the crosses. “then again it has been in disarray since our house left westeros.”
    Daenerys smiles, happily noting that Jaeherys is the Targaryen she had hoped for to arrive in Volantis. “The North is most vital. Both in these matters, as well as in the future and forever to come. What’s going on behind the wall is dangerous, and only with a Targaryen rulership in the North and in Kings Landing can we protect Westeros, instead of letting it fall into chaos like the current usurper has done.”Daenerys leaves the throne room with fast steps, instantly followed by two Unsullied Commandos as she walks through the great doors, into the open. She tilts her head a bit and looks back to Jaeherys.“I’m sort of sorry that I have to tell you we must leave this place again. It is the best example of Targaryen success thus far, but there are more to come.”
    Facing forwards again, the port of Volantis is filled with warships in the distance while Unsullied, Golden Company and even Dothraki Warriors are boarding little rowing boats to reach them.
    Jaehaerys follows his aunt out of the throne room and into the open. “Where are we headed, if i may ask dear aunt? Westeros?” Jaehaerys asks.
    With dragon fire glowing in her eyes Daenerys turned towards him. “You’ll see, nephew, you’ll see.”

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgreene View Post
    Hello, Id like to apply for the Kingdom of Hungary.

Coloman,King of Hungary was a wise man compare to most other kings, he for one could read unlike the rumors say of the English king. ....... He knew the rival powers were not above attempting to take his life and he would be prepared for it, They were also enlisted to keep prying eyes from seeing the Kings activity's in the late nights.

Accepted

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe_Tone View Post
    Posts containing inappropriate themes have been removed, please keep it PG.

Yeo Wolfe! You should definitely apply! I remember you said you were interested in a round like this way back when

Quote Originally Posted by UMER View Post
    Oh well, here is the fresh post on Seljuk Turks as my previous sample was...ehhh nvm.

..... But this is certain that Seljuks of Rum will have to act quickly and consolidate their power on their holdings and check their borders for any intrusion.

My guy, savage as always with them long articles, Accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Josef II von Habsburg View Post
    Wow, thanks, I believe it was Matt's idea in the first row, if I recall right. I'm applying for Venice!

How is with maintaining the Republic tho?

P.S. If you need me to fill some "bigger" country, I'm in for that too.

Ah good to know, I should hit him up too!
    As for venice, of course, just swing me a sample article when you can. Any country under 10 provinces will be given resources by myself as the admin state in order to buff them accordingly. going to be doing some rp related events as well so you might find yourself getting a "Venetian Arsenal" Event.

Quote Originally Posted by The OG DFH View Post
    Applying for Morocoo:
    Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!......Allahu Akbar!

Lol that's all I needed. Accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by _Marv3000_ View Post
    The Kaiser is dead, long live the König

''The covenant between father and son is a holy one. .....But there was not much time to mourn, because now he was the new king and ruler of the Holy Roman Empire.

My (Marv) article for the HRE

Wonderful Work. Absolutely Accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brittain View Post
    Sample article comes from the GoT RP I posted yesterday (was a collab.)

Arrival and Departure
    Jaehaerys stood on the deck of the northern galley named “the young Wolf”, it had been a long journey but he had finally made it to the city of volantis in essos. .... With dragon fire glowing in her eyes Daenerys turned towards him. “You’ll see, nephew, you’ll see.”

Aaaaand accepted
    RPU Discord Server Link (click on flag)

The Lightning Turk Youtube Channel link (click on banner)

"I will lead my people by the hand along the road until their feet are sure and they know the way. Then they may choose for themselves and rule themselves. Then my work will be done."

-Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

I do know it's all ment in good fun. However I would like to see a reduction jihadistic glorification. I did let it slip in the article for it's historical value. However calling people jihadist is not for on this forum.
    Last edited by NarmerTheLion; 06-15-2018 at 10:35 PM.

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual.
    Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.
    Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

ithink he was defending them? and not being
    islamophobic

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information