Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Chris Brittain
    i wish to apply for the kingdom of Denmark-Norway.

Chris Brittain
    the Arrival one Dragon&Departure of 2

(this is one of my posts from the game of thrones rp)
    Jaehaerys stood on the deck of the northern galley named “the young Wolf”, it had been a long journey but he had finally made it to the city of volantis in essos. As he got off the ship he noticed a group of unsullied guards that were there to bring him to his aunt.

“Jaehaerys?” one of the guards asked him.

“Aye. thats me.” He responded to the guard.

“Follow me.” he said and they started to leave.

They walked up a lot of step and took a lot of turns until finally they made it to where the palace stood. they went up the stairs and into the palace. When they reached the throne room he saw a beautiful women with long blonde hair sitting on the throne and he bowed saying, “Aunt Daenerys?”

The Queen stood up. “Jaeherys Targaryen? Lost son of Rhaegar Targaryen, presumed dead in the aftermath of the ‘great’ rebellion?”

“Yes. My uncle, the late Eddard Stark took me in and raised me, your grace.”

“Raised by an old fool… this man failed his King, shed Targaryen blood and yet he still had the decency to protect and preserve someone who overvalued himself-
    He must’ve been a good man. But it’s not a shame that he’s dead.”
    Without letting Jaeherys question her, Daenerys gets down from the throne and the stairs leading up to it, walks past Jaeherys and over to a window in the throne room, through which one can see the scenery of Volantis.
    “Look at them, nephew. Former slaves, suppressed and brainwashed- yet, House Targaryen has given them justice. Freedom. A way to live, a reason.”

“then that is why we fight for the throne correct, your grace? to give our people freedom from the usurper?” Jaehaerys asks with confused look on his face. “also to bring the seven kingdoms back to the peace it had under our house for centuries?”

“You are correct. We’ve been driven from our former home for an unjustified reason, by men that hated their own position, hoping to achieve something much greater than themselves. Ignoring the costs that were paid to ensure Freedom and Stability across the Kingdom, they ruined everything, destroyed what we had built, they teared down the entire continent and threw it back into the chaos which it was in when we first arrived.
    The example here, Volantis. A chaotic place, no reasoning, hundreds of unrightfully suppressed men, women and children. And on top of those, some dare to prosper of it. They dare to live from the suffering of others. We have given them peace, and most importantly, justice.”
    Daenerys looks out of another window to the right, where one can see a grand temple outside. Along the road leading to this temple men in fancy clothing have been nailed onto crosses, still alive.

“I believe my uncle saw the error of his ways before he died tho your grace as he told me to come here, and he told my cousin to support you… which is another thing. my cousin told me to tell you the North is yours to command dear aunt. The entire kingdom of westeros has been in disarray since the first usurper’s, robert baratheon, death.” Jaehaerys says while looking at the men on the crosses. “then again it has been in disarray since our house left westeros.”

Daenerys smiles, happily noting that Jaeherys is the Targaryen she had hoped for to arrive in Volantis.
    “The North is most vital. Both in these matters, as well as in the future and forever to come. What’s going on behind the wall is dangerous, and only with a Targaryen rulership in the North and in Kings Landing can we protect Westeros, instead of letting it fall into chaos like the current usurper has done.”
    Daenerys leaves the throne room with fast steps, instantly followed by two Unsullied Commandos as she walks through the great doors, into the open. She tilts her head a bit and looks back to Jaeherys.
    “I’m sort of sorry that I have to tell you we must leave this place again. It is the best example of Targaryen success thus far, but there are more to come.”

Facing forwards again, the port of Volantis is filled with warships in the distance while Unsullied, Golden Company and even Dothraki Warriors are boarding little rowing boats to reach them.

Jaehaerys follows his aunt out of the throne room and into the open. “Where are we headed, if i may ask dear aunt? Westeros?” Jaehaerys asks.

With dragon fire glowing in her eyes Daenerys turned towards him.
    “You’ll see, nephew, you’ll see.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunken Beaver View Post
    I claim France!
    Greetings. I will reserve France for you until you provide a sample article on France during this timeframe, as I already stated in rules. This is to ensure that players are not lazy to do research and to practice writing. You can post a sample that will be your introductory article in game. As you can see, all players provided a fresh sample. This is also a validation for me that you can follow other rules of the game.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brittain View Post
    i wish to apply for the kingdom of Denmark-Norway.
    Greetings. Same applies for you as for Beaver. A fresh sample on Denmark-Norway during this timeframe.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Klaassen; 07-07-2018 at 11:17 PM.
    An honest private man often grows cruel and abandoned when converted into an absolute prince.
    Give a man power of doing what he pleases with impunity, you extinguish his fear.
    Consequently overturn in him one of the great pillars of morality.
    The madness. The treachery. The strong mixture of troubles.
    It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
    More than a man.
    More than a king.
    More like God!

Dominion over nature, crosses the line into the relation to other men.
    Proper appetite and desire becomes lust and passion.
    The dominion that man is to have over nature, he also seeks to have over his brothers.
    So crossing the line of his own proper dominion, and crossing on Gods...

Only God is to have dominion over all!

Everyone who hasn't provided a sample article, please do so soon so I can know how many players we got for real. Some didn't even apply on forums, so I don't even know your names. Please post a sample article on nation you selected during this timeframe. There will also be slight changes in landshuffle, but everything will be explained when you are accepted and added to Discord chat.

Players that need to provide a sample:

Swiss Confederation - Don't know the name, but please apply and provide a sample
    Kingdom of France - Beaver
    Kingdom of Denmark - Chris
    Duchy of Brunswick - Don't know the name, but please apply and provide a sample

The game will not start until this is done. Also please note that these nations are reserved, but not forever. Should someone apply and provide a sample, you could lose your pick.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Klaassen; 07-08-2018 at 09:46 PM.
    An honest private man often grows cruel and abandoned when converted into an absolute prince.
    Give a man power of doing what he pleases with impunity, you extinguish his fear.
    More than a man.
    More than a king.
    More like God!

The dominion that man is to have over nature, he also seeks to have over his brothers.

okay ill type one up tonight then

Come on people, wake up. Let's go with these samples. If not posted soon, these nations will be freed up.

Bavaria, Cologne and Poland are free. If France, Denmark and Switzerland don't post soon, it will be free as well. If someone applies for these nations with a fresh sample, you can have it.
    Last edited by Klaassen; 07-12-2018 at 12:51 AM.
    More than a man.
    More than a king.
    More like God!

Chris Brittain
    July 10th, 1609
    Munich - Schleissheim Palace Gardens

The sun shone brightly over the great Baroque palace nestled in the outer suburb of Oberschleißheim; Duke of Bavaria Maximillian I watched through a large ornate window at the arriving Prince-Bishops and other Catholic men who had also entered in negotiations. Duke Maximillian smiled, knowing what was to come if the talks proved fruitful; supremacy of the Catholic faith and the eradication of the newly formed, upstart Protestants.

The Duke made his way down the large, stone staircase as all of the arriving ambassadors had entered the palace, making conversation between themselves in the great gardens that they were ushered into by the various servants in the Duke’s service. The large, oaken palace doors were all that stood between him and the guests; he took one last deep breath and pushed the doors open himself. A sudden hush fell over the crowd, all eyes darted to the Duke.

“My gathered friends and servants of Our Lord, please, come with me. The negotiations will occur very soon.” Duke Maximillian’s booming voice had a commanding aura; as he promptly turned, the gathered bishops followed without question.
    Munich - Schleissheim Palace with Renatus Chapel

The gathered Bishops had been seated comfortably around a large, oval table; a large tablecloth in the blue and white colours of Bavaria lay, covered in silverware and glass goblets sat at every seat. Servants poured wine when requested and the distant smell of the palace kitchens entered the nostrils of every man present. The Bavarian coat of arms quartered with the colours of the duchy in the top left and bottom right corners and a crowned lion in the others hung from the walls of the pavilion. The weaving was immaculate, with many Prince Bishops taking note.

“Friends. Princes. Bishops. Hear my words. As you know, half a century previous, the treaty, signed in the city of the Prince-Bishop of Augsburg present, dictated that those of the Holy Roman Empire can decide which religion they and their lands were to follow.” The Duke paused, as many present whispered their disgust to their neighbours. He then continued when quiet had returned, “this cannot be made to stand; and now, just last year, the Protestants founds their ‘Protestant Union’; a clear attack on the sanctity of peace and prosperity of good Catholic nations within the Empire.” He paused yet again, as the disgust the Bishops harboured had grown louder. Duke Maximillian then raised his hands, motioning for quiet. “I propose, nay, I declare, on this day, the Catholic League. A confederation of holy states like ours within the Empire under God, a military alliance. A vow we must all partake in, a holy vow to assure the Catholic faith remains protected, even as these… These barbarians are standing at our gates. I urge you all to take heed of my words and join me in defence of Christendom.”

As the speech ended, the mighty roar filled the pavilion, the Prince-Bishops, all swayed by Duke Maximillian’s words signed the treaty, thus forming, officially, the Catholic League.

This is an excellent sample. Bavaria is yours. Welcome.
    More than a man.
    More than a king.
    More like God!

Chris Brittain
    Hey man, give me Poland. My sample is coming soon.

I have a suggestion for game rules, though. Why don't we limit the overall armies of countries to, say, 3x their provinces? So in addition to only being able to mount 1x their provinces into a single battle, their armies will also be severely limited, forcing players to treat even relatively small battles with seriousness. This would make sure that players think twice or even thrice before engaging in a battle, making cooperation even more necessary. It'll also make defeats more painful as in addition to losing your engaged forces, your reserves will also be thinned down if you lose a province as a result. Otherwise people will be able to commit to small engagements willy nilly without a worry, having some 100k standing right beside in reserve.

Plus, as the rules currently are, they're open to abuse. For example what if a nation litters the whole path to his province with small detachments? That way he'll stay in the limits of rule 1, without triggering rule 8. However with my proposed rule, this wouldn't be an issue since littering a path to your province would mean firstly you can only put three detachments of maximum size at most, and secondly that you'll have to commit your entire army to it, leaving everything else vulnerable, making it a balanced strategy.

Just make the players discard their starting armies to off the game-limits areas and disallow their usage, even as a reserve. And to make sure no player cheats on this rule, secretly sending those men into the game-area, we can make everyone send their starting armies into the sea on another corner of the map in full view of each other, so that we know with certainty that these forces remain 100% unused.

And lastly, will this game be unranked? I don't want to worry about my stats, plus I think making it unranked will make any kind of landgrabbing or greed pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVictoriousMan II View Post
    Hey man, give me Poland. My sample is coming soon.

I have a suggestion for game rules, though. Why don't we limit the overall armies of countries to, say, 3x their provinces? So in addition to only being able to mount 1x their provinces into a single battle, their armies will also be severely limited, forcing players to treat even relatively small battles with seriousness. This would make sure that players think twice or even thrice before engaging in a battle, making cooperation even more necessary. It'll also make defeats more painful as in addition to losing your engaged forces, your reserves will also be thinned down if you lose a province as a result. Otherwise people will be able to commit to small engagements willy nilly without a worry, having some 100k standing right beside in reserve.

Plus, as the rules currently are, they're open to abuse. For example what if a nation litters the whole path to his province with small detachments? That way he'll stay in the limits of rule 1, without triggering rule 8. However with my proposed rule, this wouldn't be an issue since littering a path to your province would mean firstly you can only put three detachments of maximum size at most, and secondly that you'll have to commit your entire army to it, leaving everything else vulnerable, making it a balanced strategy.

Just make the players discard their starting armies to off the game-limits areas and disallow their usage, even as a reserve. And to make sure no player cheats on this rule, secretly sending those men into the game-area, we can make everyone send their starting armies into the sea on another corner of the map in full view of each other, so that we know with certainty that these forces remain 100% unused.

And lastly, will this game be unranked? I don't want to worry about my stats, plus I think making it unranked will make any kind of landgrabbing or greed pointless.
    Greetings.

I am afraid that I do not know who I am talking with, as it seems all players on forum are guests named: Chris Brittain, for some reason.

But yes, I understand your point and it was my concern that players would (as it is generally the case in this community) misues any rules even if there is a slightest possibility of it. However, we have a fairly good amount of trustable players who do not landgrab but are here for the RP. The game itself is designed on small area as to avoid any potential landgrab as that is one thing I hate the most. On other note, those who know me, know that I monitor RP's tightly and I won't allow any abuse. I severely punish those players and this will be the case here.

Yes, I agree that they can have numerous 1 troop units throughout the game and on path to province, but that will be disallowed partially by me, and partially due to rule of only big armies being able to take a province (in case of defeat, player will have to remove troops anyways).

I also agree on the matter of having those 100 starting soldiers there, so I think we can limit that to about 20-30 and rest be sent on suicide mission somewhere on AI. That would make for a game a lot more interesting, however my only issue with that is inability of having enough battles then. RP like this on small area may get dull without these small battles, even if it is constant 1 vs 1.

But as I said, game rules are open for changing and we can talk about this further on our discord chat. What I wanted to do initially is start with this 1 troop per province rule, than increase that number further up when we progress in the game. So let's say from 1618 to 1625 it is 1 troop per province, from 1625-1630 it is 2 troops per province and so on. This can also be changed throughout the RP, since I really haven't done anything like this before, on such a small area, and don't know how it will go. I will keep you suggestions in mind and you keep adding ideas on how to improve the RP. But it is better discussed on Discord and when RP starts so we can see how it actually goes. Thanks for the input, I love when players discuss on how to improve rules and such.

And yes, this is unranked RP. I will reserve you Poland. Do you have Discord?
    More than a man.
    More than a king.
    More like God!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information