Automate the Hit and Run mechanic ( Fire on the move mode)

The game needs attention throughout the day which is time-consuming for the average human who has a job and money to pay for the game....
    High command purpose is to balance the game for these guys who can offer money but no extra time. (just take ten seconds and think about the mechanics that provides, buildings queue, troops rally point. it automatically builds recruitment office, range fire modes)

When you need it: In scenarios of retreat or at passing by bombardment (fire on the move) .

How the mode works, you select a route and your units start to move. If an enemy unit inside range your unit will stop and fire a volley. If your units are not ready to fire they keep moving until they can fire again.

This can already be done manually so it has to be an HC mode.

It can be quite a usefull mode. However personally I wouldn't use it due to one main reason. If I'm not online and suddenly my arty sees an enemy unit nothing protects me from the fact that I might run my arty right into a melee fight with said unit.

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual.
    Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.
    Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

Narmer for offensive moves we already have the Aggressive mode.

We can name the hit and run mode Defensive mode as it is clearly to be used defencively keeping distance or bombing cities with Navy. It will be useful for Battleships who want to carpet bomb coastal cities.

The automatic isn't fast enough, shoot & scoot will always fail if the enemy's active
    Noone's faster than a trained user - would only cause a lot of complaints like "the feature doesn't work".
    Activity should be always an advantage.

more activity will always be an advantage cause any strategy can be countered. Figure out the strategy take measures and you will have an advantage until the opponent logs in.

But why the gap between a lot of activity and less activity should be great? It lessens the player base that is able to play the game but what does it offer to the game?

Active players keep the game alive
    And the automatic really won't be able to do shoot & scoot against an active enemy - a human player's always to fast for the automatic calculation.
    Trust me - I always kill the units w/o being attacked

Quote Originally Posted by boris.de View Post
    And the automatic really won't be able to do shoot & scoot against an active enemy - a human player's always to fast for the automatic calculation.
    Trust me - I always kill the units w/o being attacked
    I had the feeling he wasn't on about shoot and scoot. But if that is the case, Shoot and scoot exists purely on the fact of the servers having a delay to be reached. This means the server can never calculate this except if they add an additional delay but then active users will even easier be able to use shoot and scoot even against the server who's trying to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by I NIKAS View Post
    Narmer for offensive moves we already have the Aggressive mode.
    This btw is not what I described. as Aggressive mode will NOT move when it has a target in range.
    Last edited by NarmerTheLion; 08-07-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual.
    Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.
    Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

Quote Originally Posted by boris.de View Post
    There is a difference in activity based on what you do when active.
    Do you think that joining every 1 hour to do the hit and run is the activity we need to keep the game alive? Or joining the game 3-4 times per day to plan strategies, send messages, invest on market, RP on DE ,is the activity that keeps the game alive? the less repetitive stuff leaves time for more creative stuff.
    The activity that keeps the game alive is the activity that interacts with other players. Cause they will have a reason to respond with their interactive activity and the cycle keeps going.
    Last edited by I NIKAS; 08-07-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Sure, if you login every hour (or simply keep being in the game) you force more activity in the game round If you want diplomacy and message, you should play RPG-rounds

Thread Information