Sinderland

Game speed options (Not night time activity)

Hi all,

I am part of the older player group, love the game but it's not that accessable to people with jobs and kids sometimes as I find troops if left alone ten hours can be easily wiped out, I do like the real-time tick based approach but some ability to flex that in private games would make a large and more wealthy group of players engage more.

For example I want nothing to happen overnight but 2x speed from 8am to 8pm GMT time. In general it is a lot healthier to not make people play at night and I only asking for the option here. Should be fairly simple to code the server to stop between certain times.

I get that you have people all over the world playing which is great but as I say private games I set up for friends only this could really make the game much more fun and would pay for the option happily.

thanks for reading.

For players like me, who play from the Pacific, this will be a big blow. I too have a job and kids, and the real-time-based-strategy element of this game is what makes is so unique.

This will definitely not happen.

Thanks.
    "You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by it."
    - The Buddha (5th Century BC)

"Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt people who are doing it."
    - Chinese Proverb

How would you define night when all people play on different times? not only are there the world timezones which would create issues for this idea there is also the fact that some people would rather have it paused when they're at work then when they'd be sitting at home in the evening.

Tbh if you set up a private game with friends you could just put in a gentlemensagreement.

I don't see a lot of value in this idea. regardless I'll add it to the biglist
    Last edited by NarmerTheLion; 10-01-2018 at 06:34 AM.

Questions about the game? Have a look at the manual.
    Need game support? Send a ticket or contact the crew.
    Have an idea for the game? Check the BigList.

Sinderland
    Comments don't seem to reflect I explicitly pointed out an understanding you have a global community's and it would only be suitable for private games.. the gentlemens agreement idea is not practical, the game would still run you can't turn it off / stop time as I have asked.

We shouldn't comment on every idea solely on how it impacts ourselves, this is low cost and for a portion of players would make the game more viable.. while you might not interact with them or use the feature they might help fund the game you enjoy so much and help reward the debts more fairly.

There are many senarios to pick from but they differ only in maps and starting, having more customisation along different lines would be good even not every game setting is perfect for you.

I have seen first hand many players just lose interest after a few artillery wipes out a huge army because they were AFK sleeping, battles are over too quickly and not sleeping is not a healthy solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinderland View Post
    Comments don't seem to reflect I explicitly pointed out an understanding you have a global community's and it would only be suitable for private games.. the gentlemens agreement idea is not practical, the game would still run you can't turn it off / stop time as I have asked.
    yes which makes very few use cases where all people have exactly the same timing.

We shouldn't comment on every idea solely on how it impacts ourselves, this is low cost and for a portion of players would make the game more viable.. while you might not interact with them or use the feature they might help fund the game you enjoy so much and help reward the debts more fairly.
    I have expressed my opinion. If devs decide to implement this idea (which they are free to do) it does mean they can't work on bugs or other features in the meantime. Due to such limited use cases where it is useable I feel personally like it's not worth the time investment by the devs.

There are many senarios to pick from but they differ only in maps and starting, having more customisation along different lines would be good even not every game setting is perfect for you.

I have seen first hand many players just lose interest after a few artillery wipes out a huge army because they were AFK sleeping, battles are over too quickly and not sleeping is not a healthy solution.
    It is annoying indeed. Yet if I had to choose time I'd say 4hours in the morning and 4 in the evening. some others might want 12 hours starting from CET noon, .... even in the same time zone there are difference. Which limits the practical usecase of an automated pause in the game. An idea that gets close but is in my opinion more practical to use is making this game have a turn based mode but that would slow it down tremendously. yet it allows to play when you have time. but that too is a very hard thing to implement so I'd rather have the devs work at other stuff.

Sinderland
    I think your making assumptions on usecases unless you have private game data to hand, in my view the game is best when played with close friends as per is risk board game underpinnings. Having either a group in the office or school play this together is a much richer personal experience than randoms on internet and those groups are geographically in the same place. They are the experiences people will pay for. Turning server on or off is pretty easy and they already developed double time so cost here is very low for a money generating feature.

Always on games are great fun but suit games without much visualisation or locations, where troops/boarders don't matter so much like clash clans or dominion/utopia here you have boarders to physically protect. If you opened up timing you could do all sorts of fun games, play 5x speed over a weekend with friends with a sceheduled sleep break etc right through to a long 2 year battle that just runs 2 hours a night with an old friend.. games make money when you give people a personal experience.

and key point this is just a tweak on existing functionality

I think your making assumptions on usecases unless you have private game data to hand, in my view the game is best when played with close friends as per is risk board game underpinnings. Having either a group in the office or school play this together is a much richer personal experience than randoms on internet and those groups are geographically in the same place. They are the experiences people will pay for. Turning server on or off is pretty easy and they already developed double time so cost here is very low for a money generating feature.
    Most people do not play on school or work as that would prevent them from joining ranked games. and the majority of games is ranked so that gives a fast insight of the usecases. Also I don't know why double speed would mean this idea can easily be implemented. But I've given my opinion it'sup to the devs to decide if they wish to implement this or not

I agree with Sinderland, Game needs to be a fun experience and not a constant unhealthy experience.

If you want to play with a bunch of your countrymen why not be able to implement a 2 , 4 or 8 hour pause? Name the price of it and we will pledge it.
    If anyone doesn't like the pause option can find another game that he likes. Right now I don't like the option without pause but I can't find any game with a pause cause the mechanic isn't implemented.

Thread Information