Posts by goaskyourmother

Make tunisia a seperate ai, give them fudukwan from french west africa.

create the provinces Bermuda and Los Azores, give them to Portugal

The schematics of the game altered for the worse early this year have not been corrected. At the very least, 2 mid atlantic cities for capital placement would help a world conquest game that has updated itself to discourage world conquest.

not sure about the upkeep elements, as these buildings would have to be basically built everywhere for a solo win, but it would add a cool element to espionage- something else to sabotage to throw off a newly conquered or distant province

the morale situation has become haywire for expanding empires, i posted this elsewhere:

so here's a suggestion- the need for iron was already imbalanced- maybe add 2 cheaper buildings with building times not (or less) affected by morale (or just lower build times and HP in general- maybe 24- 36 hours base- a standard airfield or slightly longer)

mess hall- costs wheat and fish and a small amount of lumber at build (maybe a small fish upkeep?)- reduces expansion penalty by 50-66%

supply depot- costs coal and gas and a small amount of lumber at build (maybe a small gas upkeep?)- reduces distance from capitol penalty by 66-75%

this might help get over the slow grind of conquest brought on by the last unnecessary update and would also spread out the resource diversity required for an expanding empire

so here's a suggestion- the need for iron was already imbalanced- maybe add 2 cheaper buildings with building times not (or less) affected by morale (or just lower build times and HP in general)

mess hall- costs wheat and fish and a small amount of lumber- reduces expansion penalty by 50-66%

supply depot- costs coal and gas and a small amount of lumber- reduces distance from capitol penalty by 66-75%

this might help get over the slow grind of conquest brought on by the last unnecessary update and would also spread out the resource diversity required for an expanding empire

The new morale-based building setting also turns the game to the extreme. The morale effect on building buildings is understandable, but it is far too pronounced. The influence morale has on the construction of buildings should be reduced by a factor of 2/3, or at least 1/2 from where it currently stands vs the baseline building time. Also, morale should have NO EFFECT whatsoever on the building time of units. If you seize new territory, new construction and repairs of buildings would conceivably take longer, but if you seize a working factory you could crank out cars and tanks the same as the day before you walked in. This update ruined the strategic importance of emphasizing the industrial heartland of a state on offense and defense.

The Supremacy 1914: Stuck in the Mud combat update, and the Supremacy 1914: Swamp of Sorrows morale update really ought to be walked back or immediately rethought. I'm sure they had the best intentions, but the combined effects of combat, morale, and victory progress impairment are taking this game from strategic and deliberative to a tedious unit and building spamming game.

The whole dynamic has been fundamentally undermined with the new HP system- artillery are significantly devalued- instead of chipping away at a total number of units, they chip away at the hp, so as a stack under bombardment is reinforced, it does not actually lose units, it just continues to chip at forever repleneshing HP. This has the same effect on cruisers. Siege is fundamentally altered by this. Artillery are the main building block of the game since anyone ever started playing it, and shelling was the primary determinant of battles in the actual first world war. This is a massive setback to being able seize the advantage by getting out those first vital weapons early, alters resource management and allocation significantly, and basically takes the game from slow to a halt. It is actually better to now create a stalemate against a human player that understands how the game is played and look to your other borders for AI to play whack a mole with trying to create an overall overwhelming numerical advantage- which is both tedious and lends to gameplay being dependent on "who drops first", not fun at all.

I suppose the actual war fought in 1914 was characterized by the modern armies of their times just getting stuck and digging in against their enemies, constant shelling without any actual movement, but that is a terrible objective for a game that is supposed to be a fun, strategic exercise. So points to the creators for their commitment to realism I suppose, but for shame on what has been done to play-ability and fun factor of the game. I'd gone through several updates without so much as registering for the forum since 2020, I just rolled with the punches, but this one is completely detrimental to the gameplay. I for one will play out my existing games, it was fun getting back into the game for something to do during COVID, but no new games for me unless a major course correction is made in the short term.

I understand the developers work hard and are always trying to improve the game, but this time, like in many ever evolving games out there, they just overthought it.

I didn't know the stacking penalty got removed or it would not have happened, but even still, a single submarine can cut down 7 cruisers in 1 day? That is a drastic change. Every major change since the new morale system and the listing of hit points, while intended to create balance, has been to the detriment of individual players. Best change things back.