Posts by PeacemakerOz

Only join a 500 Player map if you wish to be able to say later on: "Hmmm... well, there goes 6 months of my life that I won't get back... I'm glad it was a quick game."

Back in my younger days when I had hair, I was in the Police.

We were (jokingly) told at the Academy that when we were to give someone a warning before firing at them, the warning was to be:

"Stop! Or I'll" *Bang!* "shoot"...

I often make deals with unknown players (mostly Coalitions) and have only been stabbed once in all my games.

I've always made the deals VERY clear before agreeing to them and getting written agreement from the other party or parties. The other thing that I do is to deliberately leave myself open early on in the agreement, when I know I can quickly plug the hole again if stabbed. If I see that the other player isn't doing the same and is building up on our borders, then I rectify the situation.

Having said that, I prefer to play in an Alliance vs Alliance map now most of the time, as the rules of engagement are very clear.

Guess what? Then after posting, I realised this is for S1, not S1914. As I don't play S1, I really don't mind what you choose to do and as I don't play, I should just "ferme la bouche".

I'm playing just one Dominion map currently and have not attacked any permanent AI. Instead, I've left it until human players have taken oil refineries and the land leading to them. So far, I've attacked two other players (one who went inactive after taking most of the provinces in front of my starting areas) and the second player, who had taken a refinery.

I've reduced both to their starting areas and taken the refinery. I'm hoping to continue in a similar fashion. It will be interesting to see if, as I get more permanent enemies, the morale penalties become too great. If it's capped at 5 countries, that just might be manageable for the duration of the map.

There are sufficient refineries already taken by other players in order for me to never have to attack any permanent AI and I've locked in single provinces of 3 permanent AI's within my territory, to try to keep other human players at war (and suffering morale penalties) with them. A lot will depend upon the speed with which the other major players take the other refineries though.

I'll be the Devil's advocate here. Scorched Earth wasn't really practised in WWI. In WWII it was, particularly on the Eastern Front and that is replicated in the COW game but similarly to Blitzkrieg, neither were invented in WWI. Movement forwards and backwards in WWI was usually very slow. No lightning advances. No scorched earth. Most of the time, admittedly, there was little left in the way of infrastructure aside from trenches (it was pretty difficult to destroy them completely) but this was more due to the attacking forces' heavy usage of artillery prior to advance, not due to the defenders' Scorched Earth policy (non-existant).

Why replicate something that wasn't in existence then?

I've looked quite thoroughly for the answer to this in the Forum and can't find it. My apologies if it's there and I've missed it.

When we are at war against one or more countries, our provinces suffer a 5% morale penalty per country, i.e. at war with one country means a 5% penalty, two countries, a 10% penalty, etc.

Is this penalty capped at any stage and if so, at how many countries does it cap? (or does it continue to accumulate, the more countries we're at war with until morale gets to zero?)