[NRPU] The Failed Revolutions 3 Roleplay
This Roleplay was a joint project created by LethalLegume, Xevli, Lord Kaiser, Tuhvel1, Home Zero (Reehaw), with support from LightningTurk and Sometimes Jack for the membership of The New Roleplayers Union and the general roleplaying community.
The lore and theme is a continuation of the "Failed Revolutions 2" Roleplaying Round set up by the one, the only, RandomVirginian.
The Year is 1870; it has been fifteen years since the "Concert of Europe" or more colloquially called "Metternich's Europe" fell to the wayside. How this happened is multi faceted and entirely up to the purview of each person within their own perceived nation state.
The Failed Revolution Lore, credits to RandomVirginian: https://docs.google.com/docume…-Gs91lmo/edit?usp=sharing
The Lore for Failed Revolutions 3, credits to Xevli: https://docs.google.com/docume…paghTJ6c/edit?usp=sharing
LethalLegume's General Rules For the FR3 Roleplay
- No Goldmark usage without express approval and for a specific purpose (i.e. speeding up LS), and no multi-accounts or other infractions of the Bytro TOS.
- 1 real-life day is equal to 4 months of RP time, and 3 days is equal to 1 year. The RP starts on January 1, 1870.
- In all cases, please abide by the spirit of the rules as well as their exact wording. Breaking the rules may result in a warning, a punishment, or removal from the RP, depending on the degree of the infraction.
- Land within the red border in #maps is to be considered 'OOC Land', and exists purely to economically support smaller nations. All buildings may be constructed within OOC land, independent of tech restrictions, but no units may be produced within them.
- You may not station non-naval units at sea for the purposes of scouting other countries. If you want to control the oceans, use actual naval units.
- Remain respectful to your fellow RPers at all times, and do not God-RP, troll, or metagame. Make sure you understand the rules before joining, and ask if you have questions about anything.
- Illegitimate exploits, including but not limited to stack splitting, meat-shielding, flowering, lemmings, and shoot-&-scoot/hit-&-run are prohibited. If it has a name and it seems sketchy it’s probably banned.
- Stack Splitting: Splitting small amounts of troops off a stack to draw fire away.
- Meat-Shielding: Attaching troops to naval stacks (stacks that contain ships). Attaching one infantry for the purposes of slowing the ships is acceptable.
- Flowering: Splitting a stack into many smaller groups in order to drastically raise strength.
- Lemmings: Sending many small stacks at a fortress to destroy it quickly.
- Shoot-and-Scoot/Hit-and-Run: Moving your army forward to bombard an enemy, then quickly moving it back within seconds so they can’t bombard back.
- Both the Suez and Panama Canals have been constructed IC and are available to use. Both waterways are owned by France, who is able to control who goes through and impose taxes on those who wish to pass. It will be up to the French player ingame to enforce whatever restrictions they decide to implement, however.
- Provinces that you gain (through war, diplomacy, etc) that contain buildings that do not fit within your tech limits can be considered 'spoils of war'. If possible, disable them (railways, barracks) or simply don't use them (factories, harbours). Otherwise, there's nothing to be done really. When you gain a province that contains buildings that would break your tech limits, please state the province and the building(s) in #tech-requests. Attempts to take advantage of or exploit this rule will not be tolerated - this includes paying your enemy to upgrade provinces you plan to take in a war, having someone construct buildings in provinces right before they sell them to you, etc.
If you are interested in joining this Roleplaying Round, please join the discord server for this RP. there is an official application process with further rules within: https://discord.gg/VqnfcjkDmD