Posts by Torananga

Greetings,

I am not sure I follow, where exactly you are going with this. I feel like you are making my point for me... According to my service record I have been playing this game since April 2012 so over a decade. I believe I have a good idea of how this game developed over the years and what direction Bytro has been pushing it towards. Let’s not forget that Bytro has several games under its banner and albeit them being similar in genre they play differently as most are faster paced, with different styled economies and different methods to simulate R&D; which in my humble opinion are better suited for micro-transactions.

I bring this up to point out that my previous post is about S1914 specifically. Like it or not this game is very slow paced compared to its “siblings” This is one of the factors that makes it very niche and like it or not this CANNOT be changed no matter how many flashy things you try to implement, no matter how many micro transactions you try to embed. All you are doing is ruining the gaming experience for your hardcore loyal clientele. No matter how much you want them to the Fortnite/COD kiddies will not play this game long term and this is a battle you CANNOT win.

That does not mean this game cannot be made profitable with the right marketing strategy. This has been proven amply by other niche games like EVE online that has a very small but fiercely loyal player base and has also been around for over a decade and they had no problem generating revenue without having to rape the essence of their game. Bytro on the other hand refuses to learn from past mistakes, (look at what they did to Call of War and how they came full circle after that abject failure) they keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again. I fear with this latest update S1914 will go down the same unfortunate path becoming in my opinion unplayable like CoW was made unplayable. There are many, many other examples I can give as to how S1914 has been missing out on capitalizing on what the community wants over the years just look at how Bytro is completely ignoring its player base that has been begging for years to gladly pay GM for GM free rounds…

Nuff said…

Cheers

Basically with this update they are trying to bring this game even more into micro transactions, which is not a bad thing in and of itself. The way its being implemented however is horrendous and very self-serving... I mean the way they described this new system pre-release it actually sounded good and I quote:

“Operations are designed to bring new dynamics into your gameplay, offering a variety of long-term objectives to accomplish. It could be simple tasks that require a couple of clicks or something more challenging, leading you to rethink your usual strategy.”

From the sound of this, one could hope that it would offer proper guidance to newer and intermediate players, as to how to set up their economy properly, which buildings to construct and on which provinces so that we can finally stop seeing barracks being constructed on every one of their home provinces which runs their grain production into the ground making them rage quit after their initial supply runs out and they run out cash buying it off the stock exchange.

I guess the “long term objectives” mentioned by Bytro its all about conquering provinces granting 20 points a pop and doing it quickly enough before the operational timer runs out. The abhorrent results of what I am seeing in game is players making suicidal attacks to beat the clock and get the puny rewards, but ultimately getting mauled by the AI let alone what happens against knowledgeable players that I would describe as baby seal clubbing.

Once again Bytro is trying to make a quick buck by focusing on quick purchases instead on focusing on the real money maker called player retention which is granted a lot much harder to achieve. So we have empty maps of 3-5 human players past day 10 or so, ruining the experience for all players newbies and veterans alike.

Yet another short sighted attempt by Bytro to drum up quick cash for the last quarter of the year. At least they are consistent with their short sighted strategy over the last decade, I will grant them that.

Cheers

No I guess we get some utterly useless rewards instead of 26h of premium. Watch your click bait add revenue dissapear Bytro as no one will watch 8 vids to get 500 GM the only note worty reward.

Cheers

Going out on a limb here, mostly hoping to be told that my hunch is wrong but, this new unit you've created with its unprecedented mobilization method is not at the heart of the recent bug where enemy units walk right through your units as if they are not there to strike at a unit behind them, is it??

Cheers