Posts by Walrus_3d 1914

I've heard a rumor that cavalry are now considered over-powered, and are intended to have either their hit points or att/def reduced in a coming update. Any truth to that? If it is a plan, I would like to register an objection. I think they're perfect as they are.

Is there a specific reason the workshop is now visible alongside the factory in the buildings list? Is there potential for a damaged workshop to prevent the construction of factory-relevant advanced units?

I think the best implementation of a secondary capital would look as follows, off the top of my head. Feel free to tweak it.

Benefits:
    +5 morale in home province

Decreases "distance from capital" penalty by adding its own distance-based morale factor, which alleviates up to 75% of the capital penalty for provinces that are within 1/2 of what would be a capital's effect range.
    If your capital is captured, the secondary capital immediately becomes the new Capital to mitigate morale loss at the next day change.

Offsets:
    Construction cost of a secondary capital should be equal to construction cost of a capital.
    Loss of a secondary capital province forfeits 1/4 of your silver to the captor and causes a 10% drop in province morale throughout the country (with a 5% morale boost to the captor).

Features:

For 1/4 the cost of a new capital, you can transfer your capital to the secondary capital, making the former capital a secondary capital, to better manage country growth and prevent the loss of your primary capital in war.

The advantage there is that you can start your first artillery before the beginning of day 10, so you get an extra few hours on the unit's construction. The relevance isn't just on day 8, 10, 12, etc, but further down the line, when you have your level 4 factories and are producing artillery faster than one per province per day.

I saw no ranged units. Bombers are possible but there were 4 cruisers in one location and 5 artillery in another that were taken out in a span of a few hours. They would have had to have a large fleet of bombers to take out all of these and leave no evidence.

What unit did the newspaper credit with destroying your ranged units?

The split from within a fortress is easily done by giving half of the unit an attack order while keeping the other half idle.

It doesn't decrease the strength of your attack, it actually increases it, since the attacking portion of the defenders are attacking without the fortress bonus.

You can select multiple provinces on mobile as well. On the map, select a province, then tap&hold the next for 3 seconds. Continue to add provinces to the group until you have all the ones you need. You can give mass rally point, construction, and production orders that way. Mass espionage (like assigning groups of defensive spies) is not an option.

Love the "winner takes all" approach.

I'd like to see a 1 day AI peace period and whatever the maximum player peace period is. It would be interesting to see how development is handled if immediately taking territory isn't an option, but I'm not committed to that.

Please sign me up, Walrus_3d

The mechanic isn't "25% of damage" dealt, it's "25% of att/def strength used to calculate whether damage is incurred." If damage is dealt, it's dealt in full hit points, not 1/4 hit points. They need to either fix the coding so it's actually 25% of the damage, or correct the phrasing of the description. I vote they make it 25% of damage.

A better correction would be if fighter patrol reverted to the original, i.e., only attacking enemy aircraft, and bomber patrol was the one that interacted with ground units. There's no reason for a fighter on patrol to attempt to attack ground units, just like there's no reason for a bomber on patrol to attempt to attack other air units.

On a side note, unless I'm wildly mistaken, fighters have always been at risk for damage from enemy ground units while patrolling, but the incidence of damage taken was much, much lower. Like 24-28 hours before any real risk of losing the fighter was incurred.

So like a unit could become like a cavalry after so many successufl battles or like a medic so they heal themselves or something

Ignoring the complexity and frustration of managing your own units through combat, veterancy, and spontaneous transformation from one unit type to another, imagine managing a battle against an enemy who's doing the same thing.

Your 10 green infantry defending a fortress against an approaching 10 infantry that suddenly becomes 3 cavalry and 3 armored cars halfway to the fortress, because they survived the bomber you were hoping would weaken them... It's too much.

I would refute the concept that any planes swimming can detect subs, fighters must be patrolling in air to detect subs I have not tested this but would say it is not possible if fighter is "swimming on water"

I've experienced this. Was transiting a fighter from England to Greenland and detected a sub in the water south of Iceland.

Detection also works during an attack, so you can reveal troops in a fortress by attacking it directly with fighters.