OH thank you Demonaire!
just realized that" trade mech units" would not be abusable from Wolfpacks too!
and if used from them it would reveal them and nerf their abuse!
Right now Wolfpack abuse exists and they can use trade resources instead, to transfer resources to their collaborator.
Let's say then, a Wolfpack tries to abuse trading mech units.
Instead of transferring resources to their collaborator from day 1 as they used to do before.
They start to invest those resources in their respective countries and start to build workshops and factories to make units.
Now what that means:
- They have to defend all their respective countries,
( sidenote they will need to survive for 14-15 days until the first canon gets built),
- Spend resources that their collaborator could use instead.
- They will have to travel the unit to their collaborator borders,
- They will get delayed for a critical 24h before their units can be used for defending from their Collaborator,
- Other Players will notice the transfer, consider their wolfpack a hidden Coalition, and calculate their strategy accordingly
- if trade mech units are done repeatedly for account pushing their Wolfpack will probably get reported too.
In contrast with the current situation in which they use trade resources.
- the collaborator gets to use the resources from day 1,
(he can make workshops everywhere and spams Cars, instant return from the Wolfpack hidden coalition)
- no game time attention and resources get wasted on building up a defense for their supporting nations.
- No need for the Wolfpack to border their collaborator.
- Their Collaborator would have all the mech units available to defend his country without delay.
- It is done in silence and next to impossible to get reported
So Demonaire what do you think now, which mechanic is a better tool for Wolfpack abuse,
the one that uses the current game mechanics or the one that will use trade mech units?
A great explanation to ban trade resources while don't allow unit resources. Devs will be fascinated with that.
Also, Devs are absolutely not interested in making the newspaper an info resource. So, newspaper in the future will be less and less informative, in favour of espionage.