Bug: offensive fire stance opened fire on non enemy

• So, I was moving my ships around on with an offensive fire stance (not aggressive) and it opened fire and I automatically declared war.

It reads: "start bombarding enemy armies in range, even if the execution of other orders has to be deferred."

It was against a player who went inactive, who had a trade embargo against me, but I put him on peace, so my relation with him was PEACE. I even had artilary also in range of some other lands of him, (also on offensive fire stance) yet my ships opened fire, where my land armies did not.

Fix please!

• Ok, Ref, are you sure you opened that firing mode? If you opened that firing mode, was that the AI declared war on your in-game nation first? You can check on the news. Your message of that the AI was of Trade embargo to you also makes this war more easily to happen as AIs often embargo and then attack a certain nation whom they hate. I recommend you have a look at the news, the firing mode set up, if you confirm that is a certain bug, issue a bug report

Get going with strategy at first of the game, always be prepared, and win the game with an amount of skills and take the trophy up with your allies or yourself!:D:) It is just a game:!:

• are you sure it's on offensive mode not on aggressive?

Yep, I double checked after the fact.

Ok, Ref, are you sure you opened that firing mode? If you opened that firing mode, was that the AI declared war on your in-game nation first? You can check on the news. Your message of that the AI was of Trade embargo to you also makes this war more easily to happen as AIs often embargo and then attack a certain nation whom they hate. I recommend you have a look at the news, the firing mode set up, if you confirm that is a certain bug, issue a bug report

No, it was me declaring war.

And by posting here on this forum section, I am assuming this counts as a bug report? or do I actually have to file a ticket?

• It's not a bug i think. HE was on trade embargo, so an hostile stance. Your troops setting make them open fire on hostile troops. His troops were hostiles. So you opened fire. No bug imo.