Expansion defect for Morale

• Hi,

I've recently come to understand that expanding my borders will give my territories a negative morale effect. But what I still don't understand is if this is something that I can get rid of or make it a smaller defect.

Such as, if I am at peace with everyone and stop expanding for a while, will this go away or lessen its effect?

Thank you for your time 🙏

• Arnavon

Approved the thread.
  • You can - Mobile or PC tap the location and see what the (-) % are from to have an idea on why the value is so low.

But generally speaking:

There are a few ways to help the back lash of expansion - that I have found.

1. Presence - allowing your arms to rest in place and safe guard the new lands.

2. Rebuilding - if this location had or has buildings in damage - rebuild to help rebuild moral.

3. Resources - ever acquisition brings on a debt to you as you will now have to up keep this new land. This can and quickly change you resource abilities - monitor and adjust as needed.

4. Time - Once the above are stable - give it time: I highly suggest (or found that even brief breaks between expansion) has maintained over all #/% far better then just sweeping land.

Other factors to think of that may apply to one map/ war then another is:

Capitals - Expanding will happen and a planning this can be very important - the more center you are; the better.

Global Pop % - will create an impact on the % morale of territories based on the neighbors.