Posts by DxC

Yes, assuming the HP was high enough to make cav the stronger attacker they would be the only attacking units. All units in an attacking stack will share the defensive damage returned, based on their unit count and damage area.

A discord user brought up an issue with disembarking units receiving normal instead of naval damage. After examining some tests he showed me I agree that they are taking normal damage. Below is a post I made on discord as well as a link to the post:

There is now a new terrain option in dxcalc called "debark". Use this for disembarking transport ships and/or balloons. This will cause the disembarking units to take normal damage instead of naval damage, as Looper found. If it's a transport ship/balloon in "sea" terrain, it will take naval damage. Thanks Looper for bringing this to my attention.

https://discord.com/channels/8…88168/1192275925635694592

A user sent me a request to add Stormtroopers to dxcalc. I have been adding such event units to the COW dxcalc after a user sends me screenshots of all parts of the unit card. If anyone would like to send me this information I will add them.

EDIT: Stormtroopers are in dxcalc now.

so how would flowers work??

They don't really work except for niche situations as explained above. It used to be an advantage to split your defensive units into multiple stacks, but with the change in mechanics that is not really the case anymore. It was never an advantage to split your attacking units into small stacks. On attack you always want to make each hit do as much damage as possible.

If I my numbers are correct

Your numbers are correct, but your interpretation of the battle isn't. In this battle you have both sides attacking. In the first round the tank does do 45 damage to the infantry, but when the infantry attack the tank does defensive damage based on the HP it has left after the infantry apply their defensive damage. Same for infantry, they are doing an offensive and defensive hit.

In the calc if both sides attack Army A attacks first. So

Tank attacks

1. infantry losses 45 HP (and 2 infantry die)

2. tank loses 175 HP

Then infantry attack

1. Remaining infantry have 139.7 offensive damage potential so tank dies

2. Tank has 16.23 defensive damage potential so infantry lose that much on top of 45

45 + 16.23 = 61.23

If you want to see how much damage a stack will do in one hit, set a target for one side and set Defend on the other side.

Then army, with 260 HP, gets demolished right, because they only deal 45 damage to the main army, but A1 deals 300 damage, instantly destroying the B armies, right?

First, an attacker can't attack 10 stacks, per se, at the same time. They can target one stack and then any defensive stacks within 5km of the target will share the incoming damage and contribute to the defensive damage. In your example, assuming there are 9 defenders within 5km of target, all 10 stacks would receive 300/10=30 dmg the first round.

so it would be better to attack with larger armies right, because with my larger army, I am losing alot less troops and HP?

For attacking, yes, you want to attack with full damage stacks. For defending it doesn't matter except for what was explained above for how units may be lost in different sized stacks.

Are you sure the Ship trick works?

Infantry stacked with BB or CL don't change HP.

And can you confirm that mechanical units always regain points regardless of the morale they are sitting on?

When non-infantry are in own province they heal 1/7 of missing HP regardless of province morale. Otherwise their HP doesn't change.

Yep, this would be great. Should apply to melee units too since sometimes they can't attack after grouping with a ranged unit.

Maybe try moving the artillery a little closer? I know in the past there were certain positions/angles where arty wouldn't hit the target even though it fired a shot.

“Units can only die when they are below 80% health. Game will check if the incoming damage is enough to kill a unit and if it is, it will do that, if not it will continue distributing damage equally.”

I'm not sure where you got that, but to my knowledge there is no health requirement for units to die in S1914. There is such a requirement in COW and IO1919.

Where am I wrong in my understanding?

Great question. It's because infantry and cav have different damage areas. Infantry have 0.5 and cav have 0.75. So the equations are:

Infantry

450 * ( 20 * 0.5 ) / ( 20 * 0.5 + 10 * 0.75 ) = 257.1428

and

Cavalry

450 * ( 10 * 0.75 ) / ( 20 * 0.5 + 10 * 0.75 ) = 192.857