S1914 Battle Calculator

• Levian - hope to play with you one day. But yes, your right - it is very good - there has only been a few time (i believe player influenced) changes the ratio fast - meaning GM.... but over all - if you fallow the layout and understand that there are some factors unseen - you can use this tool well.

• Yeah, totally agree. I am in private discussions now with DxC on the details for one or maybe more videos about it. I will post it in this thread when everything is official.

Nice -I think that would be would be a great addition to your videos and think it is great that some one is publishing to promote the game.

• Wanted to comment here on an important bug fix regarding building damage. In a situation where a melee attacker had buildings, its own building damage was applied to the buildings when it attacked, instead of those of the defender. In many scenarios this would have messed up the results pretty bad. It should be fixed now.

In situations where the stack with buildings was being attacked it should have been working properly all along.

• AMAZING CALCULATOR!!!

Could you add a percentage button so that one can more easily calculate?

Also: Why doesnt this game have Battle Reports as oGame etc? They are SO fun to analzse!

• If I fill in e.g. 5 Armored Cars, could it auto fill the maximum HP/moral amount?

Otherwise you have to have all the maximum HP values at heart, and multiply them with the amount of units of each type to figure out which HP score to fill in.

Also, it would be amazing if there would be 50% / 75% / 100% of maximum HP Buttons for approximate HP values.

Amazing tool you did there, im impressed!!
    Can you share some of the code / calculations?

I have yet to understand the exact game dynamics - is there a post in this forum for in-depth analysis of the fighting calculations?

Cheers from Germany!!

• In my first tutorial video I actually show where you can find the HP numbers and also how you can choose to enter the percentage instead so have a look at it. I think that it will make it easier for you.

It was posted in this thread on October 25th

• I would like to ask a question.

When I attack 20 infantry with 100% HP + 10 cavalry with 100% HP with 10 heavy tanks. A total of 450 points of damage will be dealt.

Why do the infantry take damage: HP:-257.1 (64.3%) 12 died. Cavalry take damage: HP:-192.9 (77.1%) 7 died

In my understanding, it should be 450 * (20/30) = 300 for infantry and 450 * (10/30) = 150 for cavalry.

Where am I wrong in my understanding?

• I've noticed that the calculator isn't working properly when it's calculating a land unit fighting transport ships. An infantry unit on land is causing only 2 damage when attacking a transport ship for some reason.

A full hp infantry unit should kill a transport ship in 3 hits and yet the battle lasts 6 rounds.

• Edit: I had made a case about land units fighting naval units was off, but I was mistaken. I took into consideration their normal damage instead of naval damage.

Can't I delete a post?

• Hello,

I've been doing some sanity checking:

If I my numbers are correct, a single heavy tank should do 45 damage in one round, not 61,2. Also, Infantry does way too much damage. There is no way infantry stack can kill 260HP tank in one attack...

Correct me if I am wrong.

Best regards,

D1s1ntegrator

• If I my numbers are correct

Your numbers are correct, but your interpretation of the battle isn't. In this battle you have both sides attacking. In the first round the tank does do 45 damage to the infantry, but when the infantry attack the tank does defensive damage based on the HP it has left after the infantry apply their defensive damage. Same for infantry, they are doing an offensive and defensive hit.

In the calc if both sides attack Army A attacks first. So

Tank attacks

1. infantry losses 45 HP (and 2 infantry die)

2. tank loses 175 HP

Then infantry attack

1. Remaining infantry have 139.7 offensive damage potential so tank dies

2. Tank has 16.23 defensive damage potential so infantry lose that much on top of 45

45 + 16.23 = 61.23

If you want to see how much damage a stack will do in one hit, set a target for one side and set Defend on the other side.