Posts by depeche 101

1. I removed a post because it wasn't contributing to the discussion in any way and while I'm a big advocate of allowing everyone to express himself, especially about a topic he's emotionally invested in, at some point a line is crossed. I'm not sure if we're talking about the same post, though.
    2. It's part of my job to keep things civil around here so I remove posts that are off topic and or offending.
    3. You can't find deleted posts anymore. I'm pretty sure you're quoting another user with all but the last paragraph of your first post and I agree. When I read it a while ago I included it in the feedback I relayed to the rest of the company.

The post above mine, is the post of a player I quoted.

There he explicitly reacted to the topic, as you can also read.

Therefore, I do not understand the sense why his post was deleted....

There are no insults, or the like.

He has only raised the issue, which are true.

Okay, I swore the last post was going to be my final word but it's kind of like playing the lottery -- you buy ONE more ticket in the vain hope that IT is going to be the winner.

I could easily turn this post into a list of complaints but that would not help anyone. I'm going to specify some things with the new UI and potential FIXES - drawing on my own experience developing Graphics and User Interfaces and Controls.

Let's start with the first one. The REALLY pretty 3D graphics for everything. Okay, let's keep them BUT only have them active when you're zoomed all the way IN. This way, when you're zoomed out, you can run with Tactical Army Displays aka Legacy look. Let's also work with those graphics so we don't have Battleships the size of Sicily, if they only show full size when zoomed right in, we should be able to eliminate such things.

Secondly, we now have pretty moving water BUT we sacrifice the little dots that used to let us know the shipping routes. AGAIN, work with the zoom so that moving water can happen in full zoom mode AND/OR be disabled completely so the POINTS can move to the FRONT of the layer.

The ability to work with the Administrative Menu is paramount and needs to be addressed immediately. ESPECIALLY in the 100 and 500 games, you simply will not be able to play without devoting an additional 6 to 8 hours of time JUST to make sure all your cities are doing what you want them to do. Seriously, take a look at the old Legacy version of the Menu and make it work and look like that. This is one are where Function over Form is paramount.

This next suggestion may hurt a little but I'm going to make it anyway. It seems to me that people keep coming forward and saying they want suggestions from us on how to improve things and we need to have patience. WE (the customers) keep making suggestions and even submitting bug reports but it APPEARS to us that it's akin to shouting during a hurricane, NOBODY can hear us or is listening because instead of getting things we ASK for, we get things that NOBODY asks for. Now before you jump down my throat, I'm going to tell you a phrase that I have LIVED with for my entire life. Perception IS Reality.

I'm still around in the hope things are going to get better but that little hope is getting smaller by the day.

Hello together!

Someone speaks from my soul!

What you have listed there is unfortunately a fact.

You give tips , suggestions for improvement, error messages that are simply overread / overheard.

Bytro just pulls straight through his thing without regard to loss.

Really too bad bytro.

Then I wonder why there are actually such forums where you are not heard?

Okay, I swore the last post was going to be my final word but it's kind of like playing the lottery -- you buy ONE more ticket in the vain hope that IT is going to be the winner.

I could easily turn this post into a list of complaints but that would not help anyone. I'm going to specify some things with the new UI and potential FIXES - drawing on my own experience developing Graphics and User Interfaces and Controls.

Let's start with the first one. The REALLY pretty 3D graphics for everything. Okay, let's keep them BUT only have them active when you're zoomed all the way IN. This way, when you're zoomed out, you can run with Tactical Army Displays aka Legacy look. Let's also work with those graphics so we don't have Battleships the size of Sicily, if they only show full size when zoomed right in, we should be able to eliminate such things.

Secondly, we now have pretty moving water BUT we sacrifice the little dots that used to let us know the shipping routes. AGAIN, work with the zoom so that moving water can happen in full zoom mode AND/OR be disabled completely so the POINTS can move to the FRONT of the layer.

The ability to work with the Administrative Menu is paramount and needs to be addressed immediately. ESPECIALLY in the 100 and 500 games, you simply will not be able to play without devoting an additional 6 to 8 hours of time JUST to make sure all your cities are doing what you want them to do. Seriously, take a look at the old Legacy version of the Menu and make it work and look like that. This is one are where Function over Form is paramount.

This next suggestion may hurt a little but I'm going to make it anyway. It seems to me that people keep coming forward and saying they want suggestions from us on how to improve things and we need to have patience. WE (the customers) keep making suggestions and even submitting bug reports but it APPEARS to us that it's akin to shouting during a hurricane, NOBODY can hear us or is listening because instead of getting things we ASK for, we get things that NOBODY asks for. Now before you jump down my throat, I'm going to tell you a phrase that I have LIVED with for my entire life. Perception IS Reality.

I'm still around in the hope things are going to get better but that little hope is getting smaller by the day.

Hello together!

Someone speaks from my soul!

What you have listed there is unfortunately a fact.

You give tips , suggestions for improvement, error messages that are simply overread / overheard.

Bytro just pulls straight through his thing without regard to loss.

Really too bad bytro.

Then I wonder why there are actually such forums where you are not heard?

I really tried to play in the new mode for a whole week. It is impossible and not playable for me. I have barricaded my running games into the archive. But since my army line runs until September, I have asked Bytro for a refund.

This is the answer: Thank you Bytro!

Hey,

wie ich schon erwähnte, um dieses Spiel flüssig spielen zu können, muss man echt einen Leistungsstarken Rechner haben, was echt Nonsens ist, meiner Meinung!

Echt traurig, dass man kein Feedback von Bytro / Moderatoren bekommt.

Die ziehen ihr Ding straight durch ohne Rücksicht auf Verlust.

Das haben wir langjährige Spieler echt nicht verdient!

Ich teile absolut deine Meinung, Graflord.

Ich spiele das Spiel auch schon über 7 Jahre, ohne dem Schnick Schnack, einfach simpel, überschaubar, nicht so voll geklatscht.

Wie schon einer erwähnte: "da bekommt man Augenkrebs".

Bei der neuen Version, muss man sich quasi einen neuen Rechner kaufen oder ein aktuelles Handy, um dieses Spiel zu spielen. Was es mir absolut nicht Wert ist!

Bei Fehlermeldungen bei Bytro, habe ich sogar mal eine Antwort erhalten, dass mein Rechner / Laptop und meine Internetverbindung, nicht die angemessene Leistung erbringe.

Ich solle, da mal aufrüsten..... tztzt. Im ernst?

Was mich bei der neuen Version übelst stört, ist eigentlich alles.

Bei dem Tap: Rohstoffbörse: ist die Auflistung so klein, wenn man nicht aufpasst, GM aus dem Fenster schmeißt!!

Man hätte Legacy Modus einfach weiterlaufen lassen sollen!

Wir haben uns in den meisten Fällen der Fehlermeldung/Bugs etc, selber geholfen.

Die Tipps die man von Bytro bekommen hat, waren nicht hilfreich oder man hatte die ganzen Tipps schon vorher gemacht, die nix gebracht haben.

Und die Aussage: Die meisten spielen die neue Version ist Nonsens!

Die hatten nicht die Wahl, zwischen Legacy und der neue Version!

Wie kann man so eine Aussage tätigen, frage ich mich?

Nicht übel nehmen Bytro!

Ist meine Meinung und ich stehe dazu!

Code
    1. Pro for legacy mode:
    2. 1) Much clearer and simpler
    3. 2) Armies (infantry, artillery, fighters, bombers, etc.) can be seen and moved much better. Significantly smaller
    4. 3) Provinces: clearly more visible.
    5. 4) Provincial administration: much easier to manage
    6. 5) Exchange of goods:
    7. The division is clearer
    8. 6) Menu: My Games: Easy to use without having to go back to the main menu every time.

I totally agree with you!